Zeus=18=
TEABAG
+10|6471|Proud to be Canadian!
I keep getting kicked from a server after loading up before I can even click the "Join Game" button. It says "Your connection to the server has been lost". Sometimes I can play and then I end up getting kicked for that message later.

- I am on a router
- I have Norton Internet Security
- I have CCleaner <If that has to do with anything

Don't know what else can be causing this problem. Anyone else have any solutions? Thanks.
-Leeds-Lad-
+15|6259|Leeds, WestYorkshire
does it say anything about your CD key?,if not its probs summat to do with your connection. u would be best asking in tech support mate
Zeus=18=
TEABAG

-Leeds-Lad- wrote:

does it say anything about your CD key?,if not its probs summat to do with your connection. u would be best asking in tech support mate
No. Like I said in my first post...It exactly says "Your connection to the server has been lost"
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6504| Texas
do you have the norton firewall running?

i had problems with that one awhile back
Zeus=18=
TEABAG

Darkfire wrote:

Yes. I turned it off. Joined again...Still got kicked for same reason.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6698|Colorado
Try different servers, or a different time of day. I get them every once & a while.
Zeus=18=
TEABAG

TrollmeaT wrote:

Try different servers, or a different time of day. I get them every once & a while.
Yes I have tried different servers. And yes, I does work sometimes on and off but I want it to stop completely. Its just fucking annoying.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6416

Darkfire wrote:

I've got Norton Firewall, (as part of Internet Security).  It should run fine after the first connection, when it "learns" that Bf2 is not a virus .
Tompie913
I like Chinese
+12|6409|Pittsburgh, PA
It seems like your computer gets "used" to it after a while. I had alot of connection problems when I first started, but now I scarcely have more than a lag
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6362
this happen to me every day
exact same thing
i fixed it with a
better router
ever since then 0 connection loss pm me if you want some specs on the one i got
Zeus=18=
TEABAG
It appears I got it fixed now....I had to go to Run>type in cmd>hit ipconfig/flushdns in the DOS Prompt and its working good now. Unless it just happened to work at the time I did that.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6520|Sydney, Australia
It happens to me too, except I don't run the Norton firewall, and yes it is extremely annoying considering how long some of these maps take to load. I'm going to try that DNS thing.
Furious=UKLF=
+12|6794|Over there
Lots of my clannies have had this problem, now they have got rid of the most annoying (anti)virus progam ever, being Norton, and have installed AVG.  It works great, and is FREE.  Norton SUKS!!!!
Zeus=18=
TEABAG
Well fuck it isnt working AGAIN. Guess that other thing didn't work...anyone got any other ideas?
cuppytea
Banned
+3|6241|Cheshire, England

Zeus=18= wrote:

Well fuck it isnt working AGAIN. Guess that other thing didn't work...anyone got any other ideas?
Possibly your ISP.
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6396|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Zeus=18= wrote:

I keep getting kicked from a server after loading up before I can even click the "Join Game" button. It says "Your connection to the server has been lost". Sometimes I can play and then I end up getting kicked for that message later.

- I am on a router

Don't know what else can be causing this problem. Anyone else have any solutions? Thanks.
Used to have the problem. Changed ISP, no longer an issue. If you have the problem again (as you seem to have fixed it) trying ringing them up and complain like hell, if they dont help, change to another one.

Well thats what happened with me anyway.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6653|Warlord

Zeus=18= wrote:

Regardless of whether this is having any influence on this problem I'd turn it off when you're playing. All virus software (including a few that aren't nearly the resource hog that Norton IS is!) can cause BF2 to be a little sluggish at times.

Zeus=18= wrote:

Don't know what else can be causing this problem.
Contention ratio or another connection issue are a likely candidate; I get the same thing every now and then.
ZCor3x
+46|6596|Pennsylvania

Zeus=18= wrote:

- I am on a router

Norton sucks, for one... and if you have a firewall on? That could do it.
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6518|Land of Cotton
I had a very similsr problem. Short story: I had to get a new cable modem from my ISP provider. Until the modem was replaced, I could join sometimes late at night. My incoming info was fine but my outgoing info was messed up. Hope it helps.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6573|the best galaxy
Norton can cause problems. Use f.ex. AVG antivirus, AVG antispyware, TweakNow RegCleaner and Sygate Personal Firewall. They're all free and don't mess with Your com.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6246|Bloomington, Indiana
Are you having any problems with your internet connection all together... it could be that your router is about to die.  I am actually having trouble with my router... basically I keep losing my connection and I have to power cycle my router quite often.

Perhaps it's time for a new router.

Last edited by DrunkenResistance (2007-04-29 15:53:43)

Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6417|fÄking denmark
To me it sounds like Norton is the bugger.

I have had problems with Norton and gaming countless times before..
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6835|Marathon, Florida Keys
norton is a virus itself
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6689
Try updating your PB files. http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Also are you trying to play while connected wirelessly? Try disabling all startup items, start > run > msconfig. Check the hide all microsoft services box in the services tab and disable the rest. Disable all startup items in the startup tab as well. Have you tried power cycling your modem and router? When did this start happening? Any software/hardware changes? Have you tried running a system restore?
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6258
Do you have wireless internet?  Sometimes when I'm back at home I get the same problem.  I think that the problem was that the wireless connection was being lost every few minutes and then found again a few seconds after.  This has caused me to be kicked from many servers but unfortunately, I do not know how to fix the problem.  Hopes this helps you figure out what's wrong at least.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard