AudioAtomica
+53|6258
To all my fellow ground punders what are your infantry settings?

Personally I've raised my mouse sensitivity to 1.20 and put the defibs, and med packs on a couple mouse buttons but that's about as far as I've gone with infantry settings.

A little side question for anyone that may know, is it possible to make my parachute key the same as my jump (space)? I can't do it in-game because of the 'duplicate key' crap. Can you change files to do it or something?
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6236|Scotland!
Everything on default but my paddles are on my scrollwheel clicky button

edit: oh yeah and my crouch is changed to E and vehicle enter is changed to F

Last edited by Jameseyy (2007-04-27 17:46:53)

Gravity
Infantry Whore
+37|6849
Um... Default settings ftw. i just changed key assignments on my keyboard , mouse, and joystick...
AudioAtomica
+53|6258

Gravity wrote:

Um... Default settings ftw. i just changed key assignments on my keyboard , mouse, and joystick...
Hey, I know you   +1 for a familiar face.
Gravity
Infantry Whore
+37|6849

AudioAtomica wrote:

Gravity wrote:

I already +1'd you. lol
AudioAtomica
+53|6258

Gravity wrote:

AudioAtomica wrote:

Gravity wrote:

I already +1'd you. lol
You should make me a neat Vagrant sig and/or teach me how to use CS2 assuming that's what yo uused.

/offtopic my bad.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6717
I have have like 5 keys set to default...

Keyboard:
Arrows To Move
RCtrl- Crouch
RShift- Run
Enter- Map
Del- Jump
End- Main Gun/Single Shoot
NumPad4- Parachute
Numpad0- Prone
Numpad1- Vent Talk Button
Numpad2- Pistol
Numpad3- Night Vision
Numpad5- Nades
Numpad6- Gas Mask
NumpadEnter- Map Resize

Just to name a few....

Mouse:
Wheel Tilt left: Knife
Wheel Tilt right: Paddles
Wheel Push: Enter Vehicle
Thumb Button: Med Pack

Why the hell are people amazed when I tell then I use the arrows
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6545|Chicago

TehMyke wrote:

Most people have their right hand on the mouse, and left hand on the keyboard. If they have the left on WASD, it makes it easier to shift it to the left, to hit other buttons. If you use the arrows, you have to slide your left hand to the right, which is more time-consuming and uncomfortable. However, since you have most of your keys bound to your mouse, it doesn't really matter.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6588|Melbourne, Australia.
Sens 0.30 @ 650DPS

Lower the sens the better, once you get used to it (usually takes about an hour)
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6467|behind my rifle

TehMyke wrote:

i use arrows to,  my jump is mouse scroll click, the sprint is NUM 0. prone is right control and crouch is right shift
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6717

RedTwizzler wrote:

TehMyke wrote:

Most people have their right hand on the mouse, and left hand on the keyboard. If they have the left on WASD, it makes it easier to shift it to the left, to hit other buttons. If you use the arrows, you have to slide your left hand to the right, which is more time-consuming and uncomfortable. However, since you have most of your keys bound to your mouse, it doesn't really matter.
eh, iv been using arrows since UT99... i always found arrows easier then the wasd, i always hit the wrong buttons
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6362|West NY
I changed it from .40 to .60- I'm going back to machine gunning and assult...no more sniping for a while
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6545|Chicago

TehMyke wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

TehMyke wrote:

eh, iv been using arrows since UT99... i always found arrows easier then the wasd, i always hit the wrong buttons
To each his own.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
default settings.
AudioAtomica
+53|6258

TehMyke wrote:

Keyboard:
Arrows To Move
RCtrl- Crouch
RShift- Run
Enter- Map
Del- Jump
End- Main Gun/Single Shoot
NumPad4- Parachute
Numpad0- Prone
Numpad1- Vent Talk Button
Numpad2- Pistol
Numpad3- Night Vision
Numpad5- Nades
Numpad6- Gas Mask
NumpadEnter- Map Resize

Just to name a few....

Mouse:
Wheel Tilt left: Knife
Wheel Tilt right: Paddles
Wheel Push: Enter Vehicle
Thumb Button: Med Pack

DUDE I have 2 extra buttons that I didn't even know about! Mouse wheel can tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilt.

I love you, bear my children please.

+ Onnnnnnneeeeeeeeee
Snipa Fox
+21|6405|Brisbane, Australia
All Default.

I play on all low video settings, view distance to 90% (Just because my pc is crap )
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6629|Gold coast, Aus.
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5013/stuffsgw3.jpg

Thats most of mine. Got some other stuff with my logitech drivers as well (like camera change as backsapce, may seem weird but my G5 is set to left scroll = backspace so its actually pretty easy )
Marinejuana
local
+415|6593|Seattle

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Sens 0.30 @ 650DPS

Lower the sens the better, once you get used to it (usually takes about an hour)
what!?

i play with sens on 2.0 and my copperhead jacked up to ten. This way i dont have to move my hand much at all to do huge direction changes. Perfect 180s while sprinting mess with hitboxes so badly, its awesome.You are the first good player I've ever heard recommend low sens.

But for most people, you just want to make sure you can do a 180 with a really consistent movement of your hand. Like if you think about keeping your arm in one place and moving the mouse with your wrist, one full sweep of your wrist alone should make a perfect 180.

Having a good mouse is totally necessary, it isn't even possible to be as consistent with a crappy mouse because the optics are less consistent than your hand. You instead have to play slower at the speed your mouse will let you play at. lame. Like you will find that with a crappy mouse you can make it turn really fast, but you cant slow your hand down and make it zero in between a couple pixels, it just keeps jumping around all fucked up. with a good mouse, the movement of your cursor actually equals the movement of your hand, it doesnt become all inaccurate. With your current mouse, just figure out how high you can turn up the sens while still being able to hover between a couple pixels on the screen.

Just FYI, if you have sens on your mouse and in game, play with your mouse up higher than the software. Your mouse sens can affect DPI if your adjusting the mouse, but software dosnt make it any more "sensitive" in reality it just multiplies all of your movement and the inaccuracy of your mouse. The actual hardware DPI sens of a mouse is what determines its sensitivity to your hand movement.

With that said, I like to ramp up my sens as i play. Like if I've been playing for half hour and I'm into it, I turn it up. But if I am coming in cold, sometimes I lower the sens to 7.5 (once again, get a good mouse with on the fly sens) and wait until it starts to seem sluggish before I turn it the rest of the way up.

If you get consistent at aiming with your mouse turned way up, then its like you are snapping from one head to another with an aimbot, there is hardly any cursor travel time. You are working against yourself if you actually force the cursor to move across the screen slower than necessary, or if you are making your arm do work that you could relegate to a handy little machine like your mouse.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-04-28 04:51:15)

iMPaCT.uK
+72|6504|UK , Birmingham
for me...

i use numbers to pick weapons etc

WASD = movement
E = prone
Q = crouch
Z = binded spot button ( click Z and it makes a spot )
Radio = Left Control
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6851|Waikato, Aotearoa
My 2 side buttons on my mouse are set to prone and crouch, "E" is Enter vehicle and "Q" is parachute.....
I might now set 1 of my top buttons to med pack. Cher for the idea dude +1
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

AudioAtomica wrote:

Personally I've raised my mouse sensitivity to 1.20...
I don't think mouse sensitivity means anything really. There are so many variables that control or affect the same thing, and lots of top-class infantry players have it low but others play with it high.

End of the day it's down to your mouse, its resolution(s) and whatever mat or surface you use, and what you get used to.

AudioAtomica wrote:

A little side question for anyone that may know, is it possible to make my parachute key the same as my jump (space)? I can't do it in-game because of the 'duplicate key' crap. Can you change files to do it or something?
Yes. I don't know how to do it but I've read you can.

If you can't find it here by searching then it might require a macro.
ScoutStrike
+37|6261
I only mapped the parachute to space, and changed talky talky keys to the CSS layout. That's it.
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6506
I use ESDF for movement, it gives me more access to other keys (all around) for stuff.

I still use the scroll wheel though, for selecting weapons, adds a nice randomness into my game and makes it pretty hard sometimes. lol
tupla_s
+455|6600|Finland

AudioAtomica wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=45491&p=1 Post #9

I have mine pretty much basic except space for jump/parachute, f for prone, < for c4/medpack and other weapons in mouse except knife and pistol

Last edited by tupla_s (2007-04-29 03:53:08)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6294|eng

i find it easier

Middle finger = W + S
3rd finger = A
Index finger = D + Z + 1,2,3,4,5,6 Weapons + B
Thumb = Space
Little finger = Shift + Tab + Caps
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard