XBurnerX
+5|6604|MS - US
lol thats the best one yet!  that guy couldnt get laid if his life depended on it!
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6539|The Lost Highway

XBurnerX wrote:

I used Green Day as an example because of their longevity; its just an example of a band that has been involved with more than one trend.  They began in 1989 (before Nirvana hit the scene) and helped break ground for the bands of that generation.  I realize they're not your typical Seatle band.  Im trying to point out the change from "big hair bands" in the 80s to the "alternative" in the 90s; i think that Green Day had tremendous influence on this change ( along with bands like Scream, The Mudhoneys, The Melvins, Nirvana, etc..).  Bands like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Alice and Chains came along after the road had already been paved.
I could be wrong, but I think I'm right when I say Nirvana dropped 'Bleach' in 1989, and I know Mudhoney (no "the" in their name) released their first CD around the same time.

I don't know when Green Days first came out, but I thought it was 'Dookie' around 95 or 96.

I'd say bands like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains paved the mainstream version of that road, not Green Day.
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6396
I was laughing so hard when I saw that picture. Looks like a frickin' transexual. +1 for you Sir. !
mKmalfunction
Haha, another site stealing funny pics from 4chan and adding their .com adress to 'em. Classic.
David.P
Banned
+649|6273
Funny my life is ten times worse then theirs(Not as bad as atg's)People screwed me over too many times, They were assholes to me, But i dont feel like killing myself. I'd rather get back at the motherfuckers then harm myself, What suicide gonna do? Is it gonna make them sad? Nope it's gonna make em happy, So please stop thinking that suicide's the answer to all your problems! Revenge is Go out find everyone who has ever wronged you and make them pay! (And it feels a whole lot better too )

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-04-27 09:08:50)

XBurnerX
+5|6604|MS - US
39 Smooth (Green Days debut album) was released commercially in 1990, although it was sold independently by the band in 89.  Nirvana's Bleach was also released independantly in 1989, which is why I included them in my previous statement on the subject. 

I'm not much for arguing semantics.  If im wrong, then oh well.

My original point was to give an example of a band that has evolved from grunge (or punk or alt. or what the fuck ever) to emo; this example is Green Day.
lord.knaslaban
+13|6565|Uppsala, Sweden
Actually, I'd say Green Day started as a punk band, then became more to the post-grunge and now they are Pop-punk...
XBurnerX
+5|6604|MS - US
*sigh* these labels are killing our society....

DAMN THE MAN!!!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

Shem wrote:

The only Emo I love is the one who gets annihilated thinking he is hardcore (not the genre) by going to a slayer concert, walking into the pit (being used to shitty MCR pits) and getting absoloutely Annihilated (Annihilator also being a good band for this example).

At this point you can see the fear in his eyes as huge metalheads come crashing down on his pathetic, long black haired head.

Oh the enjoyment I felt on wednesday when I went to see Annihilator.
Annihilator \m/

+1
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6526|So Cal
https://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs10/300W/i/2006/110/1/3/Emo_Grass_by_Voralyn.jpg
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Holy crap that's GS!
mKmalfunction

XBurnerX wrote:

39 Smooth (Green Days debut album) was released commercially in 1990, although it was sold independently by the band in 89.  Nirvana's Bleach was also released independantly in 1989, which is why I included them in my previous statement on the subject. 

I'm not much for arguing semantics.  If im wrong, then oh well.

My original point was to give an example of a band that has evolved from grunge (or punk or alt. or what the fuck ever) to emo; this example is Green Day.
Right on man, I wasn't trying to be a cock head and argue or anything, just conversing.

I didn't know Green Day had an album before Dookie. I had bought it on cassette when I was 12, and it was my introduction to the band. I didn't buy anything after that, or listen to it after awhile, so I was never interested enough to check out anything else they put out.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6657|South West England
Emo suicide rates only help prove Darwin was right, Natural Selection in action
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

Emos are a weird bunch. Half of them have mild un-clinical depression, the others just follow the trend. You'll tend to find that most people who are actually having tough times in life (real clinical depression or otherwise) don't dress emo.

As for self-harm, I really don't get why emos think it's cool. People who self-harm because it truly makes them feel better have problems. Emos don't =/

Hell I probably have clinical depression. I've felt like shit for the past month. Random things piss me off. I sometimes feel utterly worthless. But I hardly dress or act emo. Nor do I self-harm. Even at its shittiest points, I have a feeling deep in me that things can improve and that maybe tomorrow will be a new day.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6774
Ska: the anti emo.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6646
seems as if you have some issues yourself, taking all the time to rant about emos.
true emos are going to kill themselves anyway and the few not cutting their wrists are just fashion victims anyway. their music will vanish as well because other tards like beyonce will rule the kingdom of commercial crap sooner or later.
plus: an emos way of life consists of complaining about the evil world and evils things and guess what you just did?
bonedoc69
+36|6410|Eugene, Oregon U.S.A.

ghettoperson wrote:

Holy crap that's GS!
How did you guys get a picture of me! Dear diary, tonight I end it all!

Last edited by bonedoc69 (2007-04-27 14:24:18)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA

bonedoc69 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Holy crap that's GS!
How did you guys get a picture of me! Dear diary, tonight I end it all!
https://img256.imageshack.us/img256/236/emoro6.png
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6321|Orrstrayleea
My town is THE MOST multicultural town i know, There is people from the middle-east, asia,europe,aussies,.......And then there are the emos.
Now i could handle the asians, the middle eastern people tested me a bit, most of the european chiks are hot so im fine with that BUT the emos just fucking annoy me.
There is an emo chik in our class so one day i asked her why she is an emo and she said "Because no-one understands me" and at that point i felt like hitting her...see if she understood that then she said "i'd rather be emo that pretend to be someone im not like the rest of these commie sluts in here"......WoW 0_o
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6655|The View From The Afternoon
lol emo is tragic. Only thing is that normal people can still listen to bands like MCR and NOT be emo, me for example.
XanKrieger
iLurk

Hurricane wrote:

Hell I probably have clinical depression. I've felt like shit for the past month. Random things piss me off. I sometimes feel utterly worthless. But I hardly dress or act emo. Nor do I self-harm. Even at its shittiest points, I have a feeling deep in me that things can improve and that maybe tomorrow will be a new day.
Same, mind another reason they do what they do is because of the attention which is so negative it fuels their scene and gives them more attention, i mean whenever i get truely thinking and that old fimilar feeling rises i just wake up and realise theres no use in it, gotta move on, plus turning depression into rage or hysteria is more enjoyable
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

I have a pretty easy way of catagorising Emo:
Punk on Estrogen.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
XanKrieger
iLurk

Ty wrote:

I have a pretty easy way of catagorising Emo: