jellybellyjogger
+0|6268
i wonder if you could help me, whilst playing BF2 the other night and using team speak, i noticed that the other players were in the game and taking flags whilst my account was still loading.
this has happened now many times and on some maps by the time i get verified all the flags have been taken and i cannot even spawn.

i have 1 gig ram but only 512 broadband connection (that is the most i can get due to distance to tel exchange) would it be this speed that makes my entry slow?

if that is the case can anyone suggest any programs or hardware alterations to assist me?

thanks in advance to all replies
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6457|the guy in the hind on gator
If you have any other big programs running, l(ike norton autoupdate) that will slow your connection by a lot.
jellybellyjogger
+0|6268
Russ thanks but i turn everything off, Internet security, virus protection, spy ware etc. just have BF2 and team speak on
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6711
Post the rest of your PC specs, but you do need more ram to load the maps faster.  You could also look for a server that has a 30 or 45 delay before the round starts.
jellybellyjogger
+0|6268
cheshiremoe
sorry for my ignorance but how do i tell if a server has a 30 or 45 delay before the rounds?

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Hard Drive: 250 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: C-Media USB Sound Device
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
keep joining different ones and mark as favourite any you find

its not your connection btw, its probably a combination of ram (bf2 uses about 1.2gig) and a slower processor.
jellybellyjogger
+0|6268
having taken all the advice posted here, i went out and purchased another Gig of RAM, what a difference it has made.

can i thank all those who posted replies and gave advice, i would give Karma but as a newbie, i am not allowed.

once again thank you all and see you on the Battlefield!!!!!!!!!
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

Simple answer is to upgrade RAM.
You could tweak stuff, but RAM will drastically increase loading times.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6538|Las Vegas
also helps to clean out your graphics cache

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard