SFR-Rooo
+19|6650|portsmouth uk
IS it just me or are quite a few of you getting above average pings and being kicked for it?!!!!......since Ive downloaded the bloody new patch there seems to be endless and frustrating times trying to join a damn server .
The patch was huge and i don't think is doing too many favours to too many players or is it just me?.....why oh why don't they just get it right seems like we just BETA test every bloody time until the very next issue.ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............stop and pay attention E.A........enough bullshit and do the game properly,please can anyone shed any light on this frustrating episode.....thanks.
P.S even did the punkbuster thing and still i cant stay in the game.
wachtler83
+22|6594|Columbus,Ohio
sounds a lot like bf2 to me thats why i quit playing
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

I've not been seeing anything, is it certain types of servers (i.e. titan servers, certain size, etc)
SFR-Rooo
+19|6650|portsmouth uk
sorry to hear that ,but surley they must stop counting the money soon and pay attention.
wachtler83
+22|6594|Columbus,Ohio

SFR-Rooo wrote:

sorry to hear that ,but surley they must stop counting the money soon and pay attention.
i wish they would have but this is company their all about the money
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6717
I have noticed that I do not get as many low ping servers in the list.  I would get a bunch under 40ms and a few under 30.  Last night only 2 servers under 40ms, 5 under 50ms and none of servers with more than a few people.  I also been kicked several times with no BP message in the dialog box ( sometimes before I even get to spawn).

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2007-04-26 08:13:14)

Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6405
First time I post in this section ( probably my last ) am I glad I never bought this game. It may look cool and all but it seems EA is doing the same as they did with BF2, crap and bad patches.
wachtler83
+22|6594|Columbus,Ohio

kmt wrote:

First time I post in this section ( probably my last ) am I glad I never bought this game. It may look cool and all but it seems EA is doing the same as they did with BF2, crap and bad patches.
no truer words have been spoken
Zukabazuka
+23|6694
Well got banned for owning the server with my friend.But no ping kick or so
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

wachtler83 wrote:

SFR-Rooo wrote:

sorry to hear that ,but surely they must stop counting the money soon and pay attention.
i wish they would have but this is company their all about the money
Define irony:
A bunch of players buy a game, realizes that it (as its predecessor) is full of bugs and glitches, they whine about how bad the game is and how much the company that made it sucks and how greedy it is, yet they keep playing it, for ever and ever...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Magius5.0
+106|6390|UMass Amherst

wachtler83 wrote:

kmt wrote:

no truer words have been spoken
WTF is everyone on about?  The patches have been making the game better, not worse.  There's a difference between balancing and nerfing--nerfing is brought about because whiny twelve year olds bitch on the EA forums that they're getting owned by pros.  Balancing is based on inheirent problems with something having distinct advantages over other things, like support class LMG's, despite skill level.  Latest patch made it so support no longer has that 'I spot you first, you're dead' advantage they had with their weapons.

Bottom line: 2142 is more balanced than BF2 ever will be.  Jet whores, I still hate you.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6228|Phoenix, AZ
since the new patch i get

30% CPU to 55% cpu usage more

"unmodified content" warning trying to join NS servers

and random consistent  game freezes where TS still works but i cant alt tab or CTRL ALT DEL

thanks EA
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6565|Brisbane, Aus

i haven't noticed any change, i still get random problems with my connection, many CTD's, and i got a Blue screen of death from trying to zoom in (probably my pc's fault but, when in rome).
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GodFather wrote:

and random consistent  game freezes where TS still works but i cant alt tab or CTRL ALT DEL

thanks EA
That is not Battlefield's fault, that is punkbuster..
Punkbuster autoupdatede about a week ago, and in the new version of PB two processes run at all times, and they are configured to use as much spare CPU power as they can without stealing it from other processes...

I believe this is the worst idea ever and that we should boycut Punkbuster untill they undo their update from anticheating software to the virus behaving .exe files they have now !!!
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
link52787
+29|6530

SFR-Rooo wrote:

IS it just me or are quite a few of you getting above average pings and being kicked for it?!!!!......since Ive downloaded the bloody new patch there seems to be endless and frustrating times trying to join a damn server .
The patch was huge and i don't think is doing too many favours to too many players or is it just me?.....why oh why don't they just get it right seems like we just BETA test every bloody time until the very next issue.ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............stop and pay attention E.A........enough bullshit and do the game properly,please can anyone shed any light on this frustrating episode.....thanks.
P.S even did the punkbuster thing and still i cant stay in the game.
sigh, I know are frustrated, calm down, breath with me............breath in...breath out...........

If it makes you feel any better.......................................I don't have a damn problem with the game since I patched it so,  I don't know what to say besides that.
FrenziedAU
+6|6456|Australia
I've noticed that I cannot play Single player with the new patch.  Whenever I click on start game, to start the map loading process, I get an instant CTD with no error message.  While not as important as other bugs, it is still annoying.
Sambuccashake
+126|6619|Sweden
^
That was happening in the previous patch as well.
(at least for me)
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6777|Human Meat Shield

Magius5.0 wrote:

WTF is everyone on about?  The patches have been making the game better, not worse.  There's a difference between balancing and nerfing--nerfing is brought about because whiny twelve year olds bitch on the EA forums that they're getting owned by pros.  Balancing is based on inheirent problems with something having distinct advantages over other things, like support class LMG's, despite skill level.  Latest patch made it so support no longer has that 'I spot you first, you're dead' advantage they had with their weapons.

Bottom line: 2142 is more balanced than BF2 ever will be.  Jet whores, I still hate you.
They made mistakes with the BETA, I played it and it was horrid. So they rushed the release- then you had people exploiting the shit out of it on the TITAN maps - so they fixed that...twice, Then thier unlocks sucked but two - The LMG's were better (and still) than HMG's, so they fixed that.  You call that balancing. Look back at BF2's and 42's patches and tell me balance. They are just fixing thier fuckups. Now you are saying its balanced? The support class is the best class by far, hell you are basically a commander with unlimited nades and a red bar infront of you. Teamwork isnt allowed in 2142, its hard to even get a medic thats not too busy healing himself, I see too many idiots running with boxes it isnt funny - to get a revive is basically winning the lottery. The "I spot you first.." fix is when EA gave Support the radar, hell Now I know everyone in my vicinity is, and .. its unlimited! Tell me some more balace bullshit.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6745

Ffs people, there is nothing wrong with the game, it runs like always. It might be time to upgrade your wallmart Pentium 4.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6717

ShawN_ wrote:

GodFather wrote:

thanks EA
Punkbuster autoupdatede about a week ago, and in the new version of PB two processes run at all times, and they are configured to use as much spare CPU power as they can without stealing it from other processes...

I believe this is the worst idea ever and that we should boycut Punkbuster untill they undo their update from anticheating software to the virus behaving .exe files they have now !!!
Yes, PB should not be running all the time.  They claim that it is needed because of Vista Security, but how many of us are running Vista yet.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6628
Since the patch I get ping of 55 no matter where I go, and it's ALWAYS 55. I'm warping around.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6613|Cambridge UK
Meh, works for me so it can't be that bad - seems everyone is very quick to target EA (who don't write the patches btw) about problems, the only way in which this situation is similar to what happened to BF2 is, all the whiners throwing their toys out of the pram as soon as they disagree with some change or other...

EA and Dice have to please the majority, if you're not part of that majority... (and i'm not always) tough shit, move on, we're all tired of reading how your favourite gun isn't quite as good as it was last week...<yawn>

/rant
Magius5.0
+106|6390|UMass Amherst

imdead wrote:

They made mistakes with the BETA, I played it and it was horrid. So they rushed the release- then you had people exploiting the shit out of it on the TITAN maps - so they fixed that...twice, Then thier unlocks sucked but two - The LMG's were better (and still) than HMG's, so they fixed that.  You call that balancing. Look back at BF2's and 42's patches and tell me balance. They are just fixing thier fuckups. Now you are saying its balanced? The support class is the best class by far, hell you are basically a commander with unlimited nades and a red bar infront of you. Teamwork isnt allowed in 2142, its hard to even get a medic thats not too busy healing himself, I see too many idiots running with boxes it isnt funny - to get a revive is basically winning the lottery. The "I spot you first.." fix is when EA gave Support the radar, hell Now I know everyone in my vicinity is, and .. its unlimited! Tell me some more balace bullshit.
Okay first point: Beta means: not final.

Second:  I've seen people using the HMG more frequently lately.  Either people are finally are realizing it's a viable option now, or I've just been that unlucky to meet people using it. 

Support isn't superior.  Assault beats it.  Sniper beats it.  even engineers can beat it.

1.  Flank him.  Most support players tunnel vision on whatever is in front of them, so if you spot one, approach from a different direction, hint-hint.

2.  Superior Aim.  pop two to his face with a Bauer H-AR and he's going down fast, no question about it.  It may be difficult for some, but if you're skilled enough, you should be able to get out of almost encounter with health to spare.

3.  Regarding that unlimited ammo...deal with it?  It's been like that since BF2...sure grenade spam gets old, but while he's spamming grenades, hes still vulnerable to other attacks.  approach from a different direction, or go someplace else.

4.  Infantry sonar?  usually if you're detected by it, it means you can also hear the audio beep, much like a spawn beacon...try using this to your advantage.  Or if you really feel like it, use a ghost beacon from the Recon kit. 

Last point: far more squadwork in this game.  just early this afternoon got some good squads sticking together.  When one guy takes the initiative, the others follow suit (i.e., give damn orders).
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6641|Florida
I finally got my punkbuster issue (Losing key packets) resolved only to install the patch and find myself getting kicked from servers more often... Some of my favorite servers are giving me a lot of trouble. You are not alone.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6228|Phoenix, AZ

ShawN_ wrote:

GodFather wrote:

thanks EA

TOTALLY

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard