kylef
Gone
+1,352|6497|N. Ireland
rts fails for me.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6814|NÃ¥rvei

Total War ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Simon
basically
+838|6662|UK
Play the fucking games you already have, you have more games than most people can imagine.
tbh I doubt you've given every game the time it takes to appreciate it, you have such a wide variety how the fuck can you not play any of those games.
Thoruz
+42|6330|Germany

Simon wrote:

Play the fucking games you already have, you have more games than most people can imagine.
tbh I doubt you've given every game the time it takes to appreciate it, you have such a wide variety how the fuck can you not play any of those games.
if you don't know there are people out there who have no life

@ kyle
red faction (old but really good imo)
starwars knights of the old republic I and II
X3 Reunion
Neverwinter Nights 2
Baldur's Gate series
GTA series

Last edited by Thoruz (2007-04-25 12:37:44)

Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6607|Philadelphia, PA
Rainbow Six: Vegas
jsnipy
+3,276|6527|...

Age of Empires III

edit: sorry I missed you saying rts fails for you ... well maybe you should make it unfail ... ur missing  out

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-04-25 12:44:35)

seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6599|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
IL2 Sturmovik 1946, wicked fun game, hundreds of flyable aircraft from WW2, including some experimental stuff like the Lerche, and the Arado Ar 234 and the Horten Ho 229.
Simon
basically
+838|6662|UK
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
sorry to be a dick here but in an earlier post in this thread he said and i quote "rts fails for me" sorry to burst the bubble.
Simon
basically
+838|6662|UK

seymorebutts443 wrote:

sorry to be a dick here but in an earlier post in this thread he said and i quote "rts fails for me" sorry to burst the bubble.
What kind of games does he like then? Hes already bored with the great FPS's, you want to start playing runescape kyle?

Last edited by Simon (2007-04-25 13:21:02)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

Pimp up your computer and await the release of Crysis

That's all I got sorry.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6537|Cardiff
im downloading eve of destruction 2 atm dude.  might be cool and its free.  also....choppers!

Last edited by [THE] comben (2007-04-25 13:22:57)

Sheky
+6|6542|London, England.
Crysis
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

Simon wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

What kind of games does he like then? Hes already bored with the great FPS's, you want to start playing runescape kyle?
well, theres Flight games like i suggested, and there is (god forbid) RPGs.
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6517
Swbf
Swbf2
Kotor
Kotor2
Jk3
Megalomatthew
+6|6414
Alien Shooter Vengence...Its nothing but a mindless shooting click fest but I love it.  Problem is it will only last a little while.

edited to add:

Try GRAW for PC, I personally thought it was several times better than the 360 version.  If you like tactical shooters it's great, just dont expect to get much multiplayer content out of it, but GRAW2 is supposed to fix that when it's released in June.

Last edited by Megalomatthew (2007-04-25 13:37:15)

Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6763|Denmark
I see you like shooters a lot.. if you want a realistic and really nice tactical shooter I highly recommend "Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield".. I know its kind of old, its graphics arnt as amazing as todays games (it runs on the Unreal 2 engine - for me graphics arnt the main reason I play a game, cause it soon gets old.. gameplay ftw!!), and there are some new versions out there (which I havent tried yet, due to lack of money).. however its realistic as hell, there are loads of weapons (which you can customize to your mission/preferences).. also there are 2 expansions.. "Athena Sword" which is an official expansion with extra weapons, singleplayer and stuff and "Iron Wrath" which is a FREE expansion with new maps, singleplayer, weapons ect ect..

if you get tired of running/sneaking around pulling your trigger, take the job of the tactical commander of your ("swat"-team) and plan the mission, give the "order-to-go"'s and watch your masterplan unfold..

if you get tired of that I can HIGHLY recommend the multiplayer part (with and without bots).. join your buddies on the hunt to kill the most bad-guys (or "Tango's" )..
Or player vs player.. its really intense when you sneak around a compound, knowing that a bullet might have your name on it.. you listen for every footstep that might give up your enemy's position.. but no! you got that feeling someone is watching you! and before you finish that thourght, you are already dead..

what I like most about it is: its not CS! you cant just rund around spraying and count on getting a headshot, its realistic.. cause Tom Clancy made it..

also, another good thing about it.. its really cheap now that its not the new kid on the block..

If you ever need someone to help kill tango's or just have a friendly match agains, my xfire is: ztrooper and you can pm me for my msn..

hope it could be of any help.. if you want advice on other genres please tell me so.. If you like hack n' slash RPG's I can recommend Titan Quest + expansion.. and also Rome: Total war if you are into stratetic games..
Megalomatthew
+6|6414

Simon wrote:

Actually, incase you didnt notice, he only has 4 or 5 games.  The rest are Half life and Half life 2 mods that are all downloadable and have been out for a very long time (not exactly a "wide variety") so Im pretty sure hes gotten all he can out of those without being bored to tears.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6635|Washington, DC

CnC3. It's more than RTS. It's a way of life =p

I don't know, try Sonic Adventure DX. Fun game. Might have to find it on the dark side of the webs though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

I'm going to recommend stuff that's already out.

First, here's my collection (or as many boxes as I found lying around): http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=1 … ;mode=vown

Off the top of my head:

FPSs:
Advent Rising
Prey
F.E.A.R.
Serious Sam 1, 2
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Aliens vs Predator 2
Ultimate Doom/Doom 2 + ZDaemon free internet client
Call of Duty 1, 2
Hitman (series)

RPGs:
Neverwinter Nights 2
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Fable: The lost Chapters
Diablo II: LoD (yes, it's still played)
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowwind (GotY Edition)
X2, X3
Freedom Force
Silverfall

Others:
Thief 1, 2 (Metal Age), 3 (Deadly Shadows)
Armadillo Run

leetkyle wrote:

STALKER
Quake 4
UT04 (or was that 03)
HL
HL2
CSS
HL2DM
(EP1)
NFSMW
NFSU2
RFACTOR
FSX
PR
BF2
BF2142
GMOD10
DODS
DOD
CS1.6
SHIP
RICOCHET
TFC
ALL HL VALVE-BUILT MODS

I need new games. Recommend, please!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-25 16:17:45)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6370|California
Get D2LOD or Starcraft or WC3Frozen Throne
I don't give a fuck if you hate RTS but if you haven't played these go shoot yourself and do us all a favor..
or maybe thats just cause im asian and starcraft just owns every other rts out there
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Get D2LOD or Starcraft or WC3Frozen Throne
I don't give a fuck if you hate RTS but if you haven't played these go shoot yourself and do us all a favor..
or maybe thats just cause im asian and starcraft just owns every other rts out there
Dark Crusade gives SC a run for its money. The units are much more animated.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6706
Jesus, my game collection (yes it is a collection, I love collectable games from companies who went backrupt)
But anyway the number of games I have is in the hundreds, but I'm no sad-act, check out my stats!

Recomendations:
Battlezone
System Shock 2
Thief 1+2+3
Hyperblade
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island 1+2+3+4
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory + Double Agent
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis + Red Hammer + Resistance + THOUSANDS of mods
Hidden & Dangerous 2 + Sabre Squadron.
Old Skool!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard