sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why does the world need a capital?  Just to make it so one religion doesn't dominate the city?

I see no need to do this.  Make it an internationally controlled city like it was supposed to be.  It doesn't necessarily need to be the centralization of international government.
Capital is a symbolic term.  Call it whatever you like.
Just another city in the MidEast controlled by the 'international' community.
Let's call her an important city controlled by the international community.
DocZ
+13|6698|Belgium
government and religion should be kept miles apart......

Christianity learned that lesson the hard way in the middle ages......
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

Stingray24 wrote:

ATG wrote:

I agree, get the U.N. off my soil.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6528|Montucky

ATG wrote:

Wreckognize
+294|6495

Braddock wrote:

That's actually a good idea... there will be hard line Jews, Muslims and Christians who would protest it but it kind of makes sense. It is the corner stone of 3 of the main religions and having the UN permanently based there could go some way to giving the area lasting security. The UN could ensure all people have freedom to visit and practice their faith without fear of persecution. You have my vote Serge.
Actually, Judaism is only the 11th largest religion in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups

It's beaten out by Buddhism, Hinduism, and nonreligious. 

lawl@visiting and not being persecuted for your religion.  While we're dreaming, it would be nice if Israel didn't exist at all.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6371|Vancouver
Well, you could move the UN to Vancouver, one of the best cities in the world.

Of course I joke. But, a year or so ago, there was serious talk amongst Canadians of enticing the UN to move its headquarters to Canada. Half of us thought that would be awesome, the other half though, "What are you? Nuts?"
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6701|Calgary

ATG wrote:

Its like the appendix, useless. So..get rid of it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Superslim wrote:

ATG wrote:

Its like the appendix, useless. So..get rid of it.
In the interest of debate, please tell me your reasons why you think the UN is useless.

Because clearly the UN only deals with politics, not natural resources, human rights, health, and economics, etc.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-24 15:28:17)

Mr.Dude2
+13|6333| Bay Area Calif. USA
Why dont we give the jewish state all of New York State...Oh wait they already own it .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Mr.Dude2 wrote:

Why dont we give the jewish state all of New York State...Oh wait they already own it .
I thought they owned Hollywood?

Jokes

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2007-04-24 15:47:37)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
They'd want to open a few more pubs and clubs there first if it's going to get my vote for world capital...
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA
sergeriver on this issue I couldnt agree more!!

First of all, I want that spineless, corrupt, worthless body of the UN off my US soil!! as ATG said!!

Jerusalem would be perfect! It really is the worlds capital! It houses shrines to basically all the worlds most worshiped religions. . . .

If everyone had a "stake" in Jerusalem as opposed to just the Jews, the world might be a less violent place, esspecially in that region. . . . The Israeli's could move their capital to Tel Aviv as gesture of good faith in trying to quell the violence that has raged there since their existence as a state.

Lets put it this way, the UN awarded the Jews their own state. Why couldnt they (The UN) take back the city that sparks so much conflict, and make it a global safe zone? a similar state in which the Vatican enjoys?

The area would be protected unilatterally by troops from around the world, and house the UN. . . . I think this is the best idea I have heard in a long time!!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

fadedsteve wrote:

First of all, I want that spineless, corrupt, worthless body of the UN off my US soil!! as ATG said!!

Jerusalem would be perfect! It really is the worlds capital! It houses shrines to basically all the worlds most worshiped religions. . . .

If everyone had a "stake" in Jerusalem as opposed to just the Jews, the world might be a less violent place, esspecially in that region. . . . The Israeli's could move their capital to Tel Aviv as gesture of good faith in trying to quell the violence that has raged there since their existence as a state.

Lets put it this way, the UN awarded the Jews their own state. Why couldnt they (The UN) take back the city that sparks so much conflict, and make it a global safe zone? a similar state in which the Vatican enjoys?

The area would be protected unilatterally by troops from around the world, and house the UN. . . . I think this is the best idea I have heard in a long time!!
Thanks, I think it could be the best for the Middle East.
l41e
+677|6658

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why does the world need a capital?  Just to make it so one religion doesn't dominate the city?

I see no need to do this.  Make it an internationally controlled city like it was supposed to be.  It doesn't necessarily need to be the centralization of international government.
Capital is a symbolic term.  Call it whatever you like.
Just another city in the MidEast controlled by the 'international' community.
Might need to eventually add quote marks around "controlled" as well.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6656|Peoria
I dunno, I would rather see a international capital situated somewhere in either The Hauge, Denmark

Or

Luxumbourg, Luxembourg

much more Eurocentric and neutral locations, with a much richer history of international tribunals and order.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

Elamdri wrote:

I dunno, I would rather see a international capital situated somewhere in either The Hauge, Denmark

Or

Luxumbourg, Luxembourg

much more Eurocentric and neutral locations, with a much richer history of international tribunals and order.
Jerusalem has a richer history than any other city in the World.  Period.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
why dont we put an international capital in the shittiest parts of the world where poverty, disease, war and environmental disaster occur constantly like Africa or something.  wouldnt it be a good idea to build up our lesser developed neighbors in the community of nations if the whole world paid serious attention to the region?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

why dont we put an international capital in the shittiest parts of the world where poverty, disease, war and environmental disaster occur constantly like Africa or something.  wouldnt it be a good idea to build up our lesser developed neighbors in the community of nations if the whole world paid serious attention to the region?
Ok, let's fix one conflict first, lol.
Rellim83
+7|6692|PA
nuke it
twiistaaa
+87|6678|mexico

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

twiistaaa wrote:

so what has it got to do with buddhism, hinduism, atheism, shintoism etc..?
Atheism isn't a religion. How about move the UN to Tokyo? it's got like everything!
yes very good, atheism isn't a religion. so Jerusalem has no significance to them.

sergeriver wrote:

twiistaaa wrote:

so what has it got to do with buddhism, hinduism, atheism, shintoism etc..?
Nothing.  I don't belong to any Religion, but it seems to me that Jerusalem has an extraordinary importance to billions of people.
and there are another 3 billion people that Jerusalem has no meaning for. if everyone was apart of a abrahamic religion then maybe it would be a good idea. but religion has nothing to do with politics (or at least shouldn't).
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6656|Peoria

sergeriver wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Or

Luxumbourg, Luxembourg

Jerusalem has a richer history than any other city in the World.  Period.
History, yes.

International tribunals and order... No.

I can almost guarantee that if there is ever a world government, it will be based somewhere in Denmark, Luxembourg, France, or Switzerland. My money is on Luxembourg.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Ok, let's fix one conflict first, lol.
not in my lifetime, just gimme a few years and everything is gonna be better.  wait and see.
logitech487
+16|6413|From The State Of Taxes
That would be the best place for the U.N.  We in the U.S. are tired of paying millions to keep a bunch of useless do nothings safe . Putting it there they do something right for once
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

sergeriver wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Thanks, I think it could be the best for the Middle East.
HOLYMOTHERFUCKINGSHITBOX!!!)!)!#!(@#&!(*$&!^$!^*&%$!*@#!*@#!^&#%~!^%$!^%#@

SWEETMAARYMOTHEROFGOD!!!!

Did Steve and Serge just agree on something....

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!

Oh, making Jerusalem an internationally controlled zone is a brilliant idea....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6404|Evilsville
Just tear the f*cking place apart and build a Themepark there instead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard