heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6381|New York

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

heggs wrote:

Also, if you want your bass to hit precise, make sure you get the subs put in a sealed box. I have that set up.
On a side note, I'm not saying you are wrong about sealed enclosures, as I described in my post about boxes.......BUT you have what are concidered to be some of the most cleanest sounding subs on the market (that are designed for sealed enclosures)....so you're at an unfair advantage.    If you want super clean, high Sound Quality bass, go for the Kappa Perfects.  They won't win you SPL competitions, but they make for a delightful listening experience for the average consumer to the audiphile alike.  Most people aren't looking for the boomiest, loudest of bass.

KiL
Ah, I didn't realize they were regarded that highly. Really glad I have them, and in a sealed box to boot. They handle the heavy bass like a champ (to the point where my ears could bleed), and also can hit every frequency (within the capabilities of the amp, of course) with lots of precision. And the most surprising part: they aren't THAT expensive ($120 to $150 a speaker). It also depends on the quality of your amp. Like I said before my two kappa perfects are being pushed by an MTX 421d amp, which, as far as i can tell, supplies lots of clean power to the subs.

If you listen to everything TMo, I'd recommend the same thing I have. It's a very versatile set up.

Edit: There's quite a bit of very good info in here. Perhaps this should be stickied?

Last edited by heggs (2007-04-24 08:25:46)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445
Infinities in general are known for sound quality, especially the Kappa Perfects.

Now if you want killer bass, look elsewhere, like Boston Acousitcs or something.

KiL
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6561|Mountains of NC

Not sure what your budget is but heres some audio componets I put together for you

reciever (out of stock)

rear deck speakers

front doors

sub

rear deck component system (heres a pckage rear system)

but really need ot know what kinda of money you want to put into this before I dig into amps, crossovers and power capaciters
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland
lolz, my sub for my PC is ported, unforunately a small ball of paper somehow got into one of the holes, n is now ontop of the speaker cone and I cannot get it out!!! So at deeper bass points it affects the sound
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445
Are there screws on the box?  Some have them.  If so......simply unscrew, and remove foreign object.  Failing that, try shaking it out.

KiL
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445
This is an example of a complete wiring kit, including capacitor w/ digital readout:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. … id=4694327

Now, this says it's a 1600 watt kit.........it's not.  Who uses a .5 farad capacitor for 1600 watts?  Think about 1 farad per thousand watts......it's a good rule of thumb.  Plus, the power cable is a little skimpy.....it would probably do the job, but personally....i'd prefer thicker. 

But
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445

bennisboy wrote:

You genious, I didn't think of that :S.
Glad to help.  Sometimes the simplest explanation/solution is the most difficult to come up with. 

KiL
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland
Also I dunno if the OP is gonna be looking for tweeters (I have no idea what function they perform) but here's some decent looking ones, I think
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Go with Boston.  They are good.  Look at these -

https://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7586/vw5td2.th.jpg

https://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9232/vw6iz6.th.jpg
DrunkenResistance
beat mason
+13|6213|Bloomington, Indiana
If you have the money to spend, go with JL Audio!  I've had a 12W3 and a 250Watt JL Amp and Sub for over 6 years with no problems and no one can touch the quality.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445
Boston is good, Infinity is good, Alpine is good, JL is good, Kicker is good, Rockfor and MTX can be good.

Don't take the advice of some guy on a forum as to what speaker (or amp) for that matter to get.  The fact of the matter is, people will promote what they use.  The thing is, there are SO many good brands out there that you really can't say one is "the best."  Hell, there are probably brands out there I've never heard of.  I had a friend who had a single sub of a brand I've never hear of versus my two Kicker L7 subs and it blew my system out of the water.  Granted, his sub was 15", he was running 1600 watts to it, and it was in a ported box that was so big he had to remove his rear seat......but the point remains....there are all kinds of good brands.

It really helps to research what you are getting, and if possible hear it in person.

I use this site for my audio reviews:  http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/ … 08crx.aspx
I find it very helpful.

Well, I USED to anyway......haven't bought car audio equipment in a long time.  Hopefully it still has quality reviews.

Just a rule of thumb when it comes to how "high end" a speaker is......GENERALLY (note the word 'generally') the bigger the magnet on the back, the higher end the speaker and the more watts it can handle.

Here's a pic of a few different higher end subs that can handle loads of power (note the big magnets): 
https://images.cardomain.net/sites/sounddomain/shop/menu/subwoofers/subwoofer_landing.jpg

Here's a pic of a lower end sub.  Look at the small magnet, this sub will not be able to handle the power of the ones before:
https://www.lightav.com/car/soundstream/xstreamsubs.jpg

KiL
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

Boston is good, Infinity is good, Alpine is good, JL is good, Kicker is good, Rockfor and MTX can be good.

Don't take the advice of some guy on a forum as to what speaker (or amp) for that matter to get.  The fact of the matter is, people will promote what they use.  The thing is, there are SO many good brands out there that you really can't say one is "the best."  Hell, there are probably brands out there I've never heard of.  I had a friend who had a single sub of a brand I've never hear of versus my two Kicker L7 subs and it blew my system out of the water.  Granted, his sub was 15", he was running 1600 watts to it, and it was in a ported box that was so big he had to remove his rear seat......but the point remains....there are all kinds of good brands.

It really helps to research what you are getting, and if possible hear it in person.

I use this site for my audio reviews:  http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/ … 08crx.aspx
I find it very helpful.

Well, I USED to anyway......haven't bought car audio equipment in a long time.  Hopefully it still has quality reviews.

Just a rule of thumb when it comes to how "high end" a speaker is......GENERALLY (note the word 'generally') the bigger the magnet on the back, the higher end the speaker and the more watts it can handle.

Here's a pic of a few different higher end subs that can handle loads of power (note the big magnets): 
http://images.cardomain.net/sites/sound … anding.jpg

Here's a pic of a lower end sub.  Look at the small magnet, this sub will not be able to handle the power of the ones before:
http://www.lightav.com/car/soundstream/xstreamsubs.jpg

KiL
True that.  You don't need to go all out for a sound system, and you especially don't need JL7s.

In my car (2003 Saab 4 door) I went for quality.  I like bass, but I like my music to sound clean and clear, too.  I replaced my 3 dash mounted speakers, replaced 4 door speakers with 6x9s, and added two 10s in the back below the back window/above the seats.  All Boston, because I can get them cheap and they sound good to me.

The pics I posted are of my buddy's car.  It was the Boston showcar for CES2007.  That thing is the definition of obnoxious.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445
You did well.  Boston Acoustics is awesome stuff.  One thing I would have done differently is 6.5" door speakers over 6x9s.

By the way, if you can get Boston Acoustics stuff cheap.....hook a brother up. 

KiL

PS- My other car is a Saab 4 door.

Last edited by FeedUsYourFetus (2007-04-24 13:42:35)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6616|Camp XRay

in my everyday car - 2 door honda accord i crammed a set of polk momo 6.5 componets up front and 6x9 in the rear. the magnets were to big to fit in the original slots so i had to fab some risers for them. i have a sony 1200 watt amp running to my infinity kappa perfect 10. works for me.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

You did well.  Boston Acoustics is awesome stuff.  One thing I would have done differently is 6.5" door speakers over 6x9s.

By the way, if you can get Boston Acoustics stuff cheap.....hook a brother up. 

KiL

PS- My other car is a Saab 4 door.
well, as soon as that VW Superbeetle gets redone with the newest speakers, I will pretty much have all those components for free (except I think I may only get 1 or 2 of the amps).  Most of those speakers would make my windows rattle, so I'll keep you in mind.  Usually I sell them on E-Bay (shh) for less than 1/2 value, but I'm sure we might be able to work something out. 

I'll know by the middle of June.
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland
hmmm all this talk of audio systems gives me the urge to replace the ones on my back shelf in my peugeot 306. Not looking to spend huge money, would appreciate if you could tell me if these are worth it. Cos I know it says you can use them without an amp, so I cant really be bothered to buy that atm.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445

bennisboy wrote:

would appreciate if you could tell me if these are worth it.
That I really can't tell you tbh.  I only have experience w/ the brands I have experience w/.  My knowledge lies in proper install.

I personally would try to stick w/ mainstream brands known to be good though, unless someone I knew had a brand I wasn't familiar w/ and was like "Dude, these speakers I got ROCK"......AND I got to listen to them to verify.

KiL
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445

Marlboroman82 wrote:

in my everyday car - 2 door honda accord i crammed a set of polk momo 6.5 componets up front and 6x9 in the rear. the magnets were to big to fit in the original slots so i had to fab some risers for them. i have a sony 1200 watt amp running to my infinity kappa perfect 10. works for me.
Sounds good to me.

KiL
Eugefunk84
+48|6526
ive installed quite a few systems in my day and i can suggest the following components.

Pioneer Deck
Pioneer Speakers
Rockford Fosgate Amp
Rockford Fosgate Subs
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland
I recently bought some TL-1692 1000w 6x9's from theloudest.com, I ordered by phone, a usefull and nice bloke answered the phone. The package came at 10:00AM and i've just fitted them, WOW WOW WOW!!! They sound so amazing, all of the equipment is well produced and top notch manufactured. I will definately be purchasing an amp and a sub from you guys! Don't have doubts about buying these speakers- just go with your instinct, you won't regret!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After killing my old car stereo, I decided to get all new everything. I came across the loudest.com and bought the TL-1692 1000w 6x9's and the TL-1092 1500w amplifer and wired them up to my new stereo. The sound is unbeleivable for the size of speaker. Playing my trance music is even better quality and alot louder now. Delivery was super fast and stress free. Top marks from me and any one reading this to decide if to buy or not, trust me you wont be disapointed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased the TL-1692 6x9 1000watt speakers, TL-1092 1500 watt amp and TL-1192 2000 watt wiring. What can I say? If you dont believe all these comments you are missing out, brilliant price for such a quality bit of kit, you dont need to spend £400 on a brand name like pioneer etc just buy this and smirk at your m8's when there system doesn't sound as good as THELOUDEST.COM

I Bought the TL-1692 1000w speakers the voice quality is amazing gives very good bass great speakers and a must buy for anyone looking for speakers in this price range. Excellent service, I'm really happy with TheLoudest.Com thanks.

Unbelieveable service- ordered TL-1692 on 4.30 Tuesday, recieved 9.30am Wednesday. As a freight manager I'm aware of the time it takes to process and pack orders- you guys are amazing, as is the product- exactly what I wanted but cheaper than expected and sounds fantastic. Well done, I'll certainly be back.

Just set up my TL-1692 1000w 6x9's. Believe me these speakers are not just loud but also VERY clear. I will be ordering some of the 4" speakers you sell to match. Also, they were delivered in less than 15 hours of placing the order!!!

I Bought the TL-1692 1000w speakers, TL-1092 amplifier and TL-1191 wiring kit. Installation was a breeze just simply plug and play no messing about with crimps etc.I was totally blown away by the sound and bass this system produces the clarity and depth of bass is outstanding. I know people who have spent a small fortune to get these type of results.
There are companys out there that make outlandish claims about their products but be assured that the loudest.com is not one of them.These people deliver exactly what they promise outstanding products at a low price.
Excellent service excellent products, WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?

I brought a pair of TL-1692 1000W 6x9's.... honest opinion, they're as good as people are saying, if not better! You can crank up the music and there is NO distortion at all, the sound is crisp and clear. All the bits you need are in the box and the build quality is brilliant! Easily better than any other 6x9's I previously had (I've brought a lot). I'm running the units off of a Sony Xplod GT300 headunit 4x50w and they do sound great! I really fancy getting the TL-1121 4000w 12" sub with the amp but I fear my back window may not last too long. Top equipment, don't believe me, get a set and try them!

Well.. F**K ME! how amazing are the TL-1692 1000W 6x9's! Vibe can shove theirs right up there a**e. cant wait to buy the TL-1092 1500w amp from you as im sure it will kill my sony 1000w as well.
top class lads keep up the great work.

Ordered speakers late one sunday evening, had e-mail confirming order Monday pm, speakers delivered early Tuesday am.
The only thing more impressive than the customer service is the performance of the speakers (TL1692). Brlliant thumping base, absolutely no distortion whatsoever. Had them as loud as I could stand, I chickened out way before the speakers. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I would just like to say how impressed i am with the speed of delivery, this has to be the best set of speakers i have ever bought. (TL-1692)
I have even taken my sub out and cant tell the diference wow !!!!
I have not put them through an amp yet (having trouble getting through the bulk-head), but i cant wait to get them hooked up they are gona sound mint!!!!
thanks to all the team for fast delivery, friendly comunications and an A1 service............ your all stars :-)

I bought a pair of 1000W TL-1692s and these are the first 6x9s i have bought. These easily beat all other 6x9s in this price range. I am currently running them of my kenwood head unit and they still produce great bass with a silly high top end with great clarity. I would highly recomend these speakers to everyone and i will be buying more products from theloudest.com in the future.

The TL-1692 unit's are great, plenty of power and every bit as clear and defined as the description. Really good deep bass with no crack or distortion and clear, full mids and trebles. Customer service is impeccable! Thanks very much- I will definitely be back!

They seem to be worth it, just need to convince my rents to allow me now! lol
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville
circuit city has always treated me well with stereos so I recommend them. I love JL audio for subs. I haven't really heard there highs but I bet they sound good. Infinity's are good to. cd player I would recommend that you pick on your own instead of asking on here, there are a lot of great cd players for no money what so ever. Good luck..

edit: Xm radio owns. Free radio sucks balls. this was my set up I had a year ago

https://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/11317290498.jpg

Last edited by Obiwan (2007-04-24 14:41:47)

bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland
Also they have a 56oz magnet, that big?
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6767|Nova Scotia, Canada

I second whoever said buy stuff on ebay.

I bought 2 12' Sony Xplods (1200 W), a 2000W German made amp (Volfenhag), a deck and a pair of 350W speakers for the back all for around $400 CDN.

Prodie
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6445
I like this thread.  It has reminded me how much I like car audio.  I'd pretty much forgotten, as dental school has become so much of a focus over the last 3 years.

KiL
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland

Prodie wrote:

I second whoever said buy stuff on ebay.
Yeah same, bought 2 brand new 6x9's 500W each, £50 including postage and packaging

Prodie wrote:

Prodie
really? You sure its you?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard