thefooch
+3|6282
Anybody interested in a battle of the clans tournament? Still working out the details but was curious how much interest there would be.

If you would be interested please make some suggestions about tournament formats and such.
Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK
You mean like a league? Ladder?
thefooch
+3|6282
No I meant like a double elim bracket tournament with registration fees and payouts/prizes.
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
so you want to try and make some money for yourself?
thefooch
+3|6282
No...I am willing to put in the time to organize it. I might draw 10% of the fees to help pay for a server to hold the tournamnets on.

Here is what I was considering.

15 man teams - registration 100.00 (about 6.50 per player)
Payouts:

1st place - 60%
2nd place - 20%
3rd place - 10%

10% goes towards cost of a server.
I will pay the rest of the server cost, website, and the hours of my time it'll take to run this. I have already bought the domain  battleoftheclans.com but there is nothing there yet.

I think I could drum up some sponsors also...which will help on the payouts.

Tournament would probably be a double elemination bracket style tourney...playing weekends only.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6354|uk

nobody, will ever play £6.50 to have a tournament. ( i doubt)

anyway, should you choose to go ahead, all the best!

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-04-24 12:45:01)

thefooch
+3|6282
Your probably right....not getting much of a response....oh well it was just a thought.
thefooch
+3|6282
I guess I could do it just for fun...with no entry fees and no payouts.
an_italian_marxman
+2|6388
I would be willing, but I don't know if the rest of my clan mates would be. I will talk to them about it, as we have certain ppl who take care of these sort of things!! If you want to go to our website and post in the forums it may strike some ppl's attention. http://www.ibj-clan.com .Be sure you specify it's for BF2 as we play both AA and BF2. Also post in the Scrimmage Info area or pm Louie_Safer.

Last edited by an_italian_marxman (2007-04-24 13:02:32)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6577|London
I think it's a bad idea tbh...too much going on at the moment (in the EU anyway), like opencups and the clanbase eurocup.

But as you seem to put so much effort into thinking this out, I'd suggest getting in contact with someone from Bfgeeks (google it). They've held several invite only competitions that last just for the weekend, also in double elimination format. They get sponsors. prizes, shoutcasts all set up, with no entry fees from the participants. You can see if they want to collaborate on an event tailored to your specifications (no invite-only etc.).

Anway gl
thefooch
+3|6282
hmmm...I had no idea all that was going on.  Thanks for the info.
thefooch
+3|6282

an_italian_marxman wrote:

I would be willing, but I don't know if the rest of my clan mates would be. I will talk to them about it, as we have certain ppl who take care of these sort of things!! If you want to go to our website and post in the forums it may strike some ppl's attention. http://www.ibj-clan.com .Be sure you specify it's for BF2 as we play both AA and BF2. Also post in the Scrimmage Info area or pm Louie_Safer.
Thanks Marxman...btw I notice your promotion within the clan...congrats.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard