Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6695|Kingswood Country
Interesting argument - think it may come back to play style and the guys around you. Most people probably choose the close combat city maps (Karkand, Mashtuur) because you can get away without some teamwork and just get stuck into the enemy without really needing a squad, etc. Iron Gator can be just like that - assuming the MEC can actually board the damn carrier. And if you can actually get a squad to move together clearing rooms down the ship, it can be excellent.

Clean Sweep definitely needs a co-ordinated US (particularly if the MEC have some half decent pilots).

Personally used to think that FuShe sucked as everyone would run around long distances going for flag caps in blackhawks; but having organised 3 or more squad members into a self-healing engineer/armour column, this map can be a really solid push (from either side) to walkover an enemy without a plan.

Ok, so past the BS thoughts - most hated map for me is Ghost Town for 3 reasons:-
1. It is probably the one I have the worst loss ratio on (obviously, someone out there doesn't).
2. If I do join mid round, I am invariably switched to the side that is getting raped (invariably the SPETZ). In fact, come to think of it - I don't ever remember being SAS on it.
3. (AND BIGGEST) The first round loading lag means whoever spawns first gets the 2 attack choppers and rapes the map. I am so sick to death of spawning into the map (and no - my system isn't shite - spawning only 2nd or 3rd on my team as well) to find 2 guys from the other side have already been in for 45 seconds, have the chopper pad closest to them and are hovering over the second one hosing random fire towards the uncappable spawns.

Ok - that feels better. It probably reads like a rant, and I am not anti-chopper at all - but damn the team gets screwed if there are already 2 attack choppers strafing when they start to spawn.
specops10-4
+108|6762|In the hills

washow wrote:

songhua

i don't know why but i hate that map..
I can't even remember it lol
Yan
+0|6729

monkeyhunkeytunkey wrote:

lol kark is the best but wake and most of the russian maps on SF suck
omg i cant believe you hate those maps! i love surge and mass destruction on sf! dont like the night maps coz its just a pain running round with n.v. all the time.
i HATE zatar wetlands, dalian plant and daqang oilfields.
im an infantry man so sharqi, mashtur and karkand of course. songhua is cool but i always seem to be on the losing team, and wake; who can go past a classic like this? when bf1942 demo came out i played this soooooo much.... ah the memories.

Yan
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6732|Wherever the F**k i feel like
Sucks= fushee, shong, zatar
Best= ghost, karkand, dagquing
wiez
+1|6728
I agree with Ekfud. What maps you like/dis-like probably come down to your playing style.

Personally the only map I really don't like is Sharqi, but that's because everytime I've played it in the past I have been owned (i.e. spawn - die) usually after joining mid-game. Consequently I have spent the least time on this map, however I did have a good game there last night so I might give it a go again.

Of the other maps my favourite is Dragon Valley. Apart from that I have a love/hate realtionship with the maps depending on how well I am playing/my team is doing. Some days I will like a map, some days I will dislike the same map.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6738|Melbourne, Australia
lol fushe is a hated one of mine to ... my order is as follows
Chowley
+1|6705|Ireland
Gulf of Oman, bloody terrible map.
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6709
Karkland all the f*** way and ghost town and warlord on SF and danky also all the other maps kidna blow
Orion5413
+4|6706|Irving Tx
OCS to me just sucks azz every time i get in the game i usually end up as US... and the MEC team has really good pilots and the us team is toooo busy playing grab azz over who gets to fly...doing the tk thing if you even get close a heli or plane so I just say skrew it no more OCS for me.On sf love hate for me with iron gator if i am mec i hate it. If us love. that map is really uinbalanced. I have not seen a mec team win on it yet. And hve you noticed that warlord is basicaly karkland revisited?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6724|Antarctica
In BF2, Zatar Wetlands, I just can't stand this map unless I get the Mi-28/Cobra
In SF, I donno, I like them all
makeuser
+5|6743|Texas
Without a doubt - Kubra Dam if you're infantry & w/out a vehicle you're SOL & training for a marathon
chitlin
Banned
+36|6781
fuck karkand ...retards miss out on all the game has to offer
nitro92
I cheat.
+-6|6820|Sydney, Australia
fushe pass zatar wetlands and songhua stalemate pretty much all the PLA 1s xcept for wake my favs r oman kubra wake shaq pen mash and karkand ofcorse but i mainly play servers with 24/7 urban
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6760|United States

KnifeWhore wrote:

[]D [] []\/[] []D what other words can u do like that.
I'm sure you can do others, but "pimp" looks the best.  I was playing around with my keyboard and created that
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6774|The Netherlands
I hate no map BUT Ghost town. I really hate it. it is full of snipers and AT. really getting sick of that one.
the worst is when one team holds all the spawns. it is just raping and raping really sick of it.
Fschwang
+10|6731|Isle of Man, next to England.
Kubra dam. It's just so, so big. Which invariably means you end up being last poor sod at a spawn point when a tank rumbles in. Perhaps I'm playing in the wrong servers but I find that teamwork on that map is all but non-existant. (E.G: Join a squad and find the leader is zooming around in a jet and the rest are all over the show.)

Other than that I can tolerate just about any map. Unless you count SF maps. Which really is a whole other kettle o' fish.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6757|Great Wall
The Iron Gator is the worst.
bandi
+0|6696
Iron Gator sucks and Wake can also be extremely boring. Although if you suck with vehicles as much as I do all non-city maps can be really boring.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6752|Singapore
Fushe pass aint that good cause its very easy to go out of control due to to high altitude and easy to crash into mountains while bombing.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6692|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
To me it depends which side you are. I hate the challenge of being usa and trying to make dry land on Wake (assuming no usa flags on main).  Same with clean sweep, however I will take a chopper from usa main to mec airfield.  I dont like mec on sharqi.

Depending on the map often depends which kit I will use, regardless of squad mates.

I love Kark, Mashtuur and Sharqi.  I only play on ea uk 64 servers.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6811
I don't like the armour-based maps - Kubra, Songhua, OCS, Daqinq, etc.

What I do enjoy is the ground-pounding combat of Warlord, Karkand, Mashtuur and so on.
Justinian
+1|6798
How can you say Karkand sucks?

Fushe, Zatar
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6765|Somewhere in NYC
i hate kubra dam.. its too big to walk around, and the roads are too err twisty (?) to drive around in. (and i suck at helos and planes)
SSgt_Mo
+0|6699
Clean Sweep is an awesome sniper map....nice large hills situated in-between 3 to 4 bases with alot of view on approaches...I love it!
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6700|Dayton, Ohio
ghost town is my favorit SF map.  Even if my team looses the Heli pad i tend to have good luck with the AA since the choppers are slower than the bf2 cobra.  I can usually shoot down 3-4 choppers a round just with the turrent.  that always buy your team some time to recover.  That is really the only map I snipe on either.  I like all the buildings to graple, you can find some pretty cool locations to work the enemy from.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard