-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6596|Quebec city, Canada
Have you ever been tempted by a fast food ad because of the beautiful meal pictured ? Unfortunately, we often find ourselves disappointed because of the bad .. or too "fast" work of the cookers.

Let's compare reality vs ads :

http://www.thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6300|teh alien spaceshit
eewwww
Smithereener
+138|6286|California
Meh, I've heard that the 'food' we see on advertisements isn't even edible. They do so much crap to it to make it look good.

But I'd pay a few more dollars if they could make my food look as good as I see it on TV.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6532|British Columbia, Canada
The only one that looks decent is Subway..

At least there, you get to see how they make it..

I work at a restaurant.. And if we had to make everything look as good as it did in the commercials, people would never get their food.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
When I worked at Burger King almost 10yrs ago, we made a display Whopper from a kit corperation sent us.
It had fake everything and you used white glue for the mayo
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
Ive worked in a restaurant for 6 months. That was not a fast food restaurant, that was a breakfast restaurant and we had to make nice fruits settings. That was not as good as on the pictures, but still, that was nice and we had to make them relativily quickly.

but yeah, making them as they were on pictures was quite hard without lot of practice.
topthrill05
+125|6548|Rochester NY USA
Well if you want to wait for 15 min so I can make your food look all pretty please don't bitch.
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
Wow, I dunno where that was done but the food doesn't look that nasty where I live.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary
Watch a movie called: Falling Down
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

I call farce. He's gone and photographed the worst-possible-candidate for each of those items.

<rant parse="optional">
I know my meal is nothing like the advertised product (looks like its been attacked with an air-compressor), but I have had much better than those photographed. Stacked properly, not 'too much' of any ingredient, certainly not festering, etc.

He says 'taken home'.
How far away is 'home', ten minutes, an hour? How rough was its travel? He also overlooks the fact that Fast Food should be eaten on the premises within 5 minutes of its assembly.

He also tries to pass-off the man-handled foodstuffs as if they arrived like that. Remember, if the burger-slaves do a shit job, they get fired and someone else replaces them. He has a strange coincidence of getting the guy who's zoned out at every restaurant.

Sorry to go into such seriousness, but poking blame at something you still continue to buy, knowing its not as good as the advertised product is fucking moronic.
</rant>

Make your own fucking meal in the future or shut up.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK
Lazy fucks who can't be arsed to make some fries or a burger shouldn't be able to critiscise any food especially when you see the people who go to them places and don't even chew the food.
Also not only can't you be assed to make your meal you can't even be fucked to get out your car and go get it!

And if you eat KFC bargain buckets, the jump from plate to bucket is quite a big one, however the transition from bucket to trough is not so big.........

https://www.al.nrcs.usda.gov/technical/photo/anim/mngt/trough-2.JPG

https://www.tvenvy.com/blogimages/kfc-bucket.gif

Last edited by Milk.org (2007-04-23 18:32:43)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

Milk.org wrote:

Lazy fucks who can't be arsed to make some fries or a burger shouldn't be able to critiscise any food especially when you see the people who go to them places and don't even chew the food.
Also not only can't you be assed to make your meal you can't even be fucked to get out your car and go get it!

And if you eat KFC bargain buckets, the jump from plate to bucket is quite a big one, however the jump from bucket to troff.........

http://www.al.nrcs.usda.gov/technical/p … ough-2.JPG

http://www.tvenvy.com/blogimages/kfc-bucket.gif
lol..I thought KFC was chicken.................lol
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6291|Australia QLD
Friend found a dead rat in her KFC twister.
Sued KFC for 2.5mill and won.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

I found dead chicken in mine, tasted like crap could I sue?
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6291|Australia QLD

Milk.org wrote:

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

I found dead chicken in mine, tasted like crap could I sue?
haha'z
if you have the money to waste then yes, sure.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6625|Brisbane, Australia

Sneaky.Russian wrote:

Serious? Wouldnt that be in the news here?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Reminds me of the movie "Falling Down."

-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
lol ^
twiistaaa
+87|6638|mexico
they dont look that bad, the only thing i wouldnt touch is that arbys one, either in the advert or the reality version. the second one looks foul, but i would eat it in an emergency.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I don't see anything disgusting about it really. The foods in advertisements are put together painstakingly by culinary artists; you should see how much time those people spend on magazine ads. The real deal is put together by an eighteen year old student making crap wages while repeatedly making close to the same meal. How much do you expect from a fry-slinging burger jockey?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

usmarine2005 wrote:

echo???

love that movie!!!

PS.. they show that in Anger Management classes. 

Last edited by Superslim (2007-04-23 20:49:27)

Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

lol I love the bit in that film where the kid shows him how to fire the missle launcher.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard