Dustriderx
+0|6719
Anybody else have this problem while playing?

I crash at the wrong times when i'm having a good score.  I know it has nothing to do with the score but I crashed 6 times last night.

It's not a certain map that happens.  It has happened on about all the maps in the past few weeks.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6866|"Frisco"

Wrong forum. And just so you know, diagnosing a CTD with BF2 is rediculously difficult, you may not solve the problem.
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6794|Scotland!!!

chuyskywalker wrote:

Wrong forum.
so ill move it to a better one
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6769|Chicago.
You need to check if all drivers are up to date, make sure your up to 1.12, and then check drivers for your vid card, etc.

thats my advice, it happened to me for a while, turned out i needed a new set of drivers for my vid.

good luck
KStryker
+1|6724|New York

Dustriderx wrote:

I crash at the wrong times when i'm having a good score.  I know it has nothing to do with the score but I crashed 6 times last night.

It's not a certain map that happens.  It has happened on about all the maps in the past few weeks.
ur video card is over heating...ive done some strong testing, the game taxes ur vga resources hard...need better ventilation etc...whatever to get some cool air in ur box. most games with the ati radeon x850xt pe...providing it has its stock H/S fan will idle at around 34-35...once u start gaming will climb to about 48-50...but for some reason with battlefield...my temps climb to about 53-55, and gives a soft crashing, making it appear as if you exited the game..the temps on the vga will drastically decrease once the game closes so u wont think nothing of it when u check and see around 40ish
morbesso666
+0|6782|Givataim, Israel

KStryker wrote:

Dustriderx wrote:

ur video card is over heating...ive done some strong testing, the game taxes ur vga resources hard...need better ventilation etc...whatever to get some cool air in ur box. most games with the ati radeon x850xt pe...providing it has its stock H/S fan will idle at around 34-35...once u start gaming will climb to about 48-50...but for some reason with battlefield...my temps climb to about 53-55, and gives a soft crashing, making it appear as if you exited the game..the temps on the vga will drastically decrease once the game closes so u wont think nothing of it when u check and see around 40ish
I have this too.
Is extra 512MB RAM would help (to complete 1 GB)?
Or maybe something with the settings of the system (not ingame, settings of Windows)?
XxSpleefxX
+0|6735
The video card isn't necessarily the culprit but could be.  I crash to the desktop as well but usually only when I first start a round.  It does happen rarely ingame but generally not. 

I do agree tha more RAM is the way to go, especially if you have only 512MB installed.  I have 1GB and I still notice that when the game is loading and verifying that my harddrive is pounding away, which is where I blowup to the desktop.  I don't think that there is much data transfer during the verification process so I believe this is the Windows paging process (where harddrive provides additional memory resources for RAM) banging away.  The only way to prevent this is to add more RAM.  There have been numerous posts from people that claimed adding another 1GB RAM reduces their load speed big time and they are always the first to join the game so there is some validity to this.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6734
1 easy solution: repatch the game, it worked for me
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
QuackinChicken
+1|6720
Turn your graphics settings in game on low. I should be able to run high settings, but it seems everytime I run medium it crashes my game. So stick with low
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6706
Its not you're computer its the game it does it to me too they dont know how to program it properly as you can see
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6769|The 70's
Look, your going to get a lot of responses like buy more RAM or its EA's fault, but really the solution is just to patiently make sure that everything on your comp is setup correctly. If there is anything even slightly amiss in your setup, BF2 will find it out and crash. With me it was my mouse drivers, for others its soundcards, video drivers etc etc. BF2 is the best diagnostic test you can run, i guarantee that you may think that you have your system optimised, but you dont, BF2 has found you out, but now work through everything, running processes, drivers, settings, (check the tweaks site, google BF2 tweaks, i forget the address), and you will get there. Your comp will thank you, get it running BF2 and it will run anything.
morbesso666
+0|6782|Givataim, Israel

QuackinChicken wrote:

Turn your graphics settings in game on low. I should be able to run high settings, but it seems everytime I run medium it crashes my game. So stick with low
It happens in the same frequence as in medium (the crashes) or with half medium half low.
For me it crashes like 65% at the start of round 35% in the middle of the round.

XxSpleefxX, what specs you have?
You say you crash to desktop and have 1GB RAM.
So I would like to know what are your settings of game and what are your specs, so I'll see if the extra 512GB RAM would help me. Thanks for your post.

broncobullfrog, lol, how do I do that? Can you specify where can I change it? Please explain it to me!

cyborg_ninja-117, you mean launch the 1.12 patch, again?
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6769|The 70's

morbesso666 wrote:

QuackinChicken wrote:

It happens in the same frequence as in medium (the crashes) or with half medium half low.
For me it crashes like 65% at the start of round 35% in the middle of the round.

So I would like to know what are your settings of game and what are your specs, so I'll see if the extra 512GB RAM would help me. Thanks for your post.

broncobullfrog, lol, how do I do that? Can you specify where can I change it? Please explain it to me!

LOL, just read what i wrote last night after a nice bottle of wine and it is kinda dumb, sorrys. for you morbesso666 then yes an extra 512mb would help a lot, but once you have a gig installed look at shutting down as many unneccesary processes as you can. its possible to run the game perfectly well on 1GB RAM so if you have problems there is going to be a solution that doesnt require shelling out for 2GB. Does this make any more sense, i doubt it, now ive got a hangover.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6734

morbesso666 wrote:

QuackinChicken wrote:

dont get extra 512mb, get 1 GB more, more efficient. to the patching, i mean just launch the 1.12 patch, if theres more problems, re-install then repatch
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard