killaer
+41|6687
You know, I've thought about this for a while, and I realized "Why aren't all servers no FF?"
Look, the only thing that FF might be bad for is a little more nade spamming in INF only servers, but it's not like the place wouldn't have nades flying 24/7 anyway!

No FF means no teamkills, which just make life easier on all of us. No pricks that .50cal you out of aircraft, etc. Why not just make no FF universal! Teamkills are just a pain in the ass anyway.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6423|Ontario, Canada
no, then you cant tk ppl who deserve it
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
killaer
+41|6687

d4rkst4r wrote:

If there was no FF, who exactly would "desrve" it?
DSRTurtle
+56|6655
I like Friendly Fire on.  It prevents a lot of claymore and nade spamming.    I will agree that it would prevent some TK's for vehicles, but a good admined server will kick and ban the idiots who TK for vehicles.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6506|Las Vegas

d4rkst4r wrote:

Like stupid Commanders, also, nubs gettin on rooftops is ridiculous
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6526|Brisbane, Aus

i played FF off for the first time in my whole time playing bf2. It's just claymore/nade spam fest even worse, and c4 jumping everywhere.

it's good for a laugh but not for me all the time lol
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6413|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i played on a PK server with it off before and its fun for like a round or 2 if you havent played with it off before but then when your all playing serious for points it gets extremly annoying with everyone bouncing in the air and claywhoring.
avman633
+116|6334
No because nade whores wont stop because they have nothing to fear about losing points
ZCor3x
+46|6540|Pennsylvania
No TKing for vehicles.. makes my life way easier.

OmgZ1! nade whores
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6422|Cambridge, UK

With FF off people just fire without thought, and the planes, tanks etc can just go mad and not care. So although the nades in IO are the worst side of it... FF off still turns the game into more fire less thought arcade version.

I prefer FF off on clays but only since you cant destroy them so they are unrealistic if FF on.

Either have good admins or a low TK auto kick (temp ban)

I'll stick with FF on as do for CZ/CSS (and other games).
ZCor3x
+46|6540|Pennsylvania

KylieTastic wrote:

With FF off people just fire without thought, and the planes, tanks etc can just go mad and not care. So although the nades in IO are the worst side of it... FF off still turns the game into more fire less thought arcade version.

I prefer FF off on clays but only since you cant destroy them so they are unrealistic if FF on.

Either have good admins or a low TK auto kick (temp ban)

I'll stick with FF on as do for CZ/CSS (and other games).
FF Off gets rid of the little kids, you know, the kids in CSS that like to pot shot you every once in awhile because it's "funny"?

Yeah well, if they do it in bf2 with ff off, well.. it doesn't work
t0mhank5
+319|6681|Surge
I like FF off for Vehicle/jet maps to prevent the M95 bandits from doing their thing, and so i can carpet bomb areas in my bomber without fear of tk's, but city maps become god awful messes with ff off. TKs should be minimal on city maps anyway, and it keeps nade spamming down (a little).
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6198|Scotland!
I like snipers to not be able to chuck claymores all over the shop, FF on helps a bit.
keghog
+2|6265
FF on is good for city maps, with it off the nade whoring is unbearable, unless you find a good server with only 20-30 people in it, with no nade whores, then FF-off is great. Basically nade and claymore whores are the reason FF is needed.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
I wish they put FF on for claymores or at least make em destructable.
octothorpe
+2|6186
The problem is, if FF is on and you place a claymore for defense someone on your team will find it EVERY time.  Even if they changed that blinking red warning to be 90% of the screen + a person yelling stop + auto switch to slow motion, they will still die to it and punish you for their mistake of not watching where they were going.  Same goes for mines. 

My favorite/least favorite one happened the other day.  I joined game and jumped into a blackhawk.  I slowly had several people join me in it and I took off.  As I finally got to altitude to clear the trees and go forward, an enemy plane rams our chopper.  I get charged with a teamkill for everyone in the chopper who is reported to dying to a blackhawk.  Sequential kick votes for the person who did it of course failed and no admin was on to kick him.

I screw up.  I kill people on accident.  I always revive them at any cost if I'm a medic and apologize regardless of my kit.  I like that FF limits the mindless nade throwers and spray and pray methods.  However, I always join a FF off server when the choice is given because of those that will always punish for their own mistakes or kill you and move on without so much as a word.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
I like FF off because that way you won't get kicked from the server if you get 3 accidental TK's but the people punish you b/c they're asshats
ethrion
+25|6363|Hong Kong @ the moment
Its a double edged sword IMO. On the one hand FF cuts down (albeit only a little) on the clay/nade spamming, but on the other FF off stops your strategically placed (not spammed) clays from working effectively. So many goddamn times I place a claymore and a n00b teammate runs right infront of it!

IMO -> FF = Off for best results.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6526|Brisbane, Aus

ethrion wrote:

Its a double edged sword IMO. On the one hand FF cuts down (albeit only a little) on the clay/nade spamming, but on the other FF off stops your strategically placed (not spammed) clays from working effectively. So many goddamn times I place a claymore and a n00b teammate runs right infront of it!

I've found that FF can be equally pointless when using clays because they still explode if a teammate walks over one, just with no damage, so they still waste your ammo.
ethrion
+25|6363|Hong Kong @ the moment

Fenix14 wrote:

ethrion wrote:

I've found that FF can be equally pointless when using clays because they still explode if a teammate walks over one, just with no damage, so they still waste your ammo.
Ive played on a server where they only explode if an enemy walks infront of them and not you or a teammate. I guess there are 2 diff settings for FF off...?
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6246|Illinois
With FF off you get pissants C4 jumping to the top of all the buildings you once thought were safe.
Plus it's hard to intentionally tk while commander, usually i drop a car on a sniper, and if that doesn't work i drop arty which blows up the car on top of him and kills him.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6412|SoCal
FF can be off, but FF for Claymores/Mines can be on.  This causes teammates to set your Claymores/Mines off, but not kill them.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
cosworth1983
+21|6455|Enschede / Netherlands
No,  when FF is off,  everybody starts nade spamming,  and also owning with  a j-10 will become even more easy,  as you dont have to look where the bombs land.
I really want the FF option to be locked @ ON.

Greetz
Ghostface|UK
+6|6190
Having FF OFF makes the game to easy people with not much skill go around spamming nades c4ing onto roof dropping arti everywhere etc etc.

You cant turn the FF OFF in real life just look at Iraq thats why in bf2 there is no Uk and USMC levels.

Last edited by Ghostface|UK (2007-04-23 08:25:45)

Stizz
+8|6219|New Jersey
Turning FF off limits the skill involved with any weapon.  You can throw a nade into a crowd of teammates and enemies and not have to worry about a teamkill.  Same goes with all vehicles, especially air vehicles.  For instance, there a few teammates at an enemy flag, uav overhead, your in a jet, and you can just go ahead and drop bombs right on top of your teammates in hopes of killing that one guy or squad of enemies that are there.  IMO, it is a lot more fun with ff on as it poses more a challenge.  I have to worry about where my teammates are in my surrounding area at all times, that is unless you dont give a crap about teamkilling and you just want the kill.  FF should not be a server option that can be disabled, it should always be on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard