Xyzmann
+2|6425|Brisbane Australia
I try to be tolerant of accidental team kills & don't punish if its genuinely an accident. 
Incidental team kills from jets or heli's by firing randomly in to the masses is instantly a punishable action.  Also TK'ing to get access to vehicles or aircraft is also instantly punishable.
After saying that, is there really a difference in punishing or not punishing?  You loose points away don't you?
Can someone please clarify this for me?
Sorry if this question is noobish...
Shiffdaddy
+73|6345
No you dont lose anymore points, but if you get punished i think its 4 times you get booted.  So if you tk 4 times but nobody punishes you stay, but if you tk 4 times and they all punish you are booted.  I think the number changes from server to server.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6846|Kubra, Damn it!

Shiffdaddy wrote:

No you dont lose anymore points, but if you get punished i think its 4 times you get booted.  So if you tk 4 times but nobody punishes you stay, but if you tk 4 times and they all punish you are booted.  I think the number changes from server to server.
He basically got it right, except that the number of punishes before a kick varies from server to server. Sometimes there's no limit at all, but it's generally an auto-kick after three.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6574|British Columbia, Canada
If I know the person didn't mean to team kill me, I generally always forgive, unless its his stupidity that killed me..
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6297|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Purposely or Idiotic TK = Punish
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6553|Washington
if you have played the game long enough you should be able to tell if the tk was on purpose or a accident and if he doesn't says sorry you should punish, but make sure it wasn't an accident first other wise your bgs for punishing for something that was accidental. and  then you will die in your sleep and go to hell.

also make sure it wasn't your own fault for being stupid and getting in the way...
Xyzmann
+2|6425|Brisbane Australia
Excellent,  I now understand the significance of Punishment & why some noobs get pissed if you punish em.  I guess the secret is.. don't Team Kill.. 
The Repeated Team Kill & get Booted from the Server Rule sound pretty fair to me & I trust it won't really effect me cause I seem to go 6 or more games between TKs.
BlackKoala
+215|6336
Page Down.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6301|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Oh yeah, make sure that when you go onto a server, you ask whether Mine FF is on or off. I remember when they changed some of the settings on one of my favorite servers. I don't know how many people I accidentally claymored (myself included).

I have now sworn off of claymores. Kinda.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6633|Gold coast, Aus.
nades = page down
anything from support = page down
g36e = page down
idiotic/purpose = page down
anything else = page up.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6798|Bulgaria
Punish!
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6681|Everett, WA, US
I ONLY punish if it's absolutely on purpose.  Even if they place a claymore on a commonly used ladder, I'll still forgive them.  -4 is enough for stupid, -8 isn't nearly enough for bastards.
Flakturnal
+21|6453|Perth,WA
certainly depends on the situation.
Often when you run around a corner into a teammate, where the teammate then craps himself and starts spinning around wildly with his finger on the trigger like the guy from Desperado, nailing you and some guy 5 miles away on a crane (accidentally), then I don't mind forgiving.

If Im capping a flag alone and a team jet decides that the flag would look better at the bottom of a crater, then Im sorry, page down for you
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6602|Reisterstown, MD

The servers I play on have it turned off so...
Sondernkommando
+22|6727
Totally agree with punishing air-morons, especially the jet variety.  Many, many times have I been deep-sixed mid-cap.  Who do they think neutralized the flag?  "Bombs away!  Yee-haaw!"

The next patch should make it so that, if a jet-jock TK's someone at a neutral flag, they are auto-punished, die, and are then booted immediately. 

Plus a dose of The Clap.
Drexel
+43|6487|Philadelphia
I don't punish unless it was on purpose.  That being said, the jets who bomb a group of 5 infantry, but at the same time take out me in an ApC and the other 4 people in my squad, well that is always punishable.  There's a mini-map for a reason.  If you're too cool/stupid to see your teammates right beside the enemy you're going to bomb, well then you deserve to be punished.

You wouldn't believe how many replies I get:

"What the heck, that was an accident."
"Sorry, didn't see that giant x over your vehicle"
"I killed 4 people, why punish me?"

That's my biggest punish pet peeve.  I normally never punish unless i'm hit in my own vehicle, or someone is being really dumb.
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6322
i'll punish anything unless it is my fault or its on purpose or if they revive me
Dersmikner
+147|6509|Texas
I wait for an apology. If I get one, typed or the canned "I screwed up", I type a quick "don't worry" and forgive. If I get nothing, then I wait until the 15 second spawn period is nearly over and punish with one second left.

If they don't apologize, fuck em.
Inimicus_7
+26|6373|England, UK
Page Down is always your friend.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard