Skexis
+6|6499
Okay, so, I just ordered new parts for my computer, basically replaced everything, clean windows install, and installed Battlefield 2 as well. It was working fine for weeks, but then it seemed to go haywire after I installed Project Reality. All of a sudden BF2 would crash every time I opened it.

So I uninstalled project reality, and that didn't help. I made sure to update my graphics drivers to the latest ones (97.94) and that didn't help. I tried repatching with the 1.41 exe and that didn't help. Finally I tried uninstalling/reinstalling/patching Battlefield, and that didn't help either!

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
Geforce 8800 GTS (320meg)
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe Motherboard
2x 1 gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6262
try uninstalling again, this time also delete the bf2 folder and the profile folder, reinstall, patch with 1.41 enjoy
Skexis
+6|6499
Yeah, as it turns out, it was a BF2 folder issue. God only knows what caused it in the first place. Thanks for the response.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6690|Keyboard
OK, also every now and then clear the contents of the cache folder to avoid any future problems.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6712|Colorado
I had this once & it repeated 3 times, the 4th time it was fine again. Lockheed fix.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard