EstebanRey
+1|6690
Just a piece of advice for those who currently use these tactics and defend them on forums like these.  Before you moan about how rubbish it'll make the game (now you're childish tactics can't be used), remember some of the arguments you've used in the past.....

Reguler responses to flaming noob tactics,

1 "If it's in the game, I'll do it".  Well, it's being taken out so you cant moan now, because it defeats your original argument.

2 "Stop whinging and play the game".  Look who's talking now!

3 "I was reloading".  Oh I forgot that I'm suppose to let you reload, nevermind you can't even do that anymore whilst jumping.

Okay so it's more the first two that show the hypocrisy of noob arguments but anyone who maons about the next patch (unless for other reasons) will be commiting the same crimes that us respectable players have been accused of since the game came out.
Tearsofromance
+0|6688|Canada
lol, true on the reloading thing
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

I don't defend my tactics.
I don't think many people on these forums do
people play the game however they want... most people on these forums leave servers before they get too pissed off.
anyways, there's a couple million threads with arguments and rebuttals.  I'm pretty sure your thread will fall into the swarm of other whining threads.
besides... this should be in the -complaint- section
RDMC_old
+0|6738|Almere, Holland
I wont say much about this.. but yur saying: childish tactics.. you know whats the only childish thing here? All those people that are moanin about bunny hoppers/ tubers/ dolphin divers.. that's all.. think about that..
WooT_Stolpskott
+1|6731|Sweden
i bunnyhop and dolfindives.....its great and it is only noobs who dont bunnyhop and dolfindives...
EstebanRey
+1|6690

beeng wrote:

I don't defend my tactics.
I don't think many people on these forums do
people play the game however they want... most people on these forums leave servers before they get too pissed off.
anyways, there's a couple million threads with arguments and rebuttals.  I'm pretty sure your thread will fall into the swarm of other whining threads.
besides... this should be in the -complaint- section
Some people really have comprehension problems.  It was "advice" not a whinge or complaint.  I am simply warning other people who will moan about the patch to remember the arguments they've used in the past.  By no criterium by which whinging, moaning or complaining are judged can my post be described as such.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6748|Somewhere in NYC

EstebanRey wrote:

3 "I was reloading".  Oh I forgot that I'm suppose to let you reload, nevermind you can't even do that anymore whilst jumping.
you CANNOT reload while jumping? I thought that was only shooting?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

RDMC wrote:

I wont say much about this.. but yur saying: childish tactics.. you know whats the only childish thing here? All those people that are moanin about bunny hoppers/ tubers/ dolphin divers.. that's all.. think about that..
and now your moaing about the moaners, and so on and so forth.

if ppl wanna moan let them moan ffs, rather than moaning about them.
Princess_Frosty
+0|6686
This is a little premature but I do agree to a certain extent.

However the anger and the hate shouldn't be directed towards the gamers, rather the game developers.  A lot of gamers will play the game in the way which is going to give them the edge, some people do this by bunnyhopping and dolphin diving, while I agree its a little lame and unrealistic I think that all energy geared towards such a topic should be aimed directly at the developers:

a) because its their fault in the first place
b) because its going to do far more good (whining at gamers isnt going to do any good)

Dont turn it into a war, just wait for the patch and and enjoy it when it arrives, no need to make a public display of it.
ronin1942
+-1|6845

EstebanRey wrote:

Just a piece of advice for those who currently use these tactics and defend them on forums like these.  Before you moan about how rubbish it'll make the game (now you're childish tactics can't be used), remember some of the arguments you've used in the past.....

Reguler responses to flaming noob tactics,

1 "If it's in the game, I'll do it".  Well, it's being taken out so you cant moan now, because it defeats your original argument.

2 "Stop whinging and play the game".  Look who's talking now!

Okay so it's more the first two that show the hypocrisy of noob arguments but anyone who maons about the next patch (unless for other reasons) will be commiting the same crimes that us respectable players have been accused of since the game came out.
1. still in the game people are still going to jump around.
2. stop whining and learn to shoot will still apply
3. you can still reload while jumping you just cant shoot (if im wrong please point out where you got that info.)

i think its funny that all the crying little noobs think this will help them. ITS NOT GOING TO GET RID OF BUNNY HOPPING!!!!!    the only thing it gets rid of is noob tubing but those with skill will have a lot of fun w/ the nade launcher now that you can bounce it off walls.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
I will be glad when all this crap gets patched out but im gonna abuse it till 1.2 gets here
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6779|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

s4vior6 wrote:

EstebanRey wrote:

you CANNOT reload while jumping? I thought that was only shooting?
He's just uninformed, like most everyone who complains about the mechanics of gameplay (with the one exception being complaining about the lousy AA). I'll complain about the players lack of teamwork (like when the majority of a MEC team who camps by the Hotel when the whole back of the map is taken), but I will just leave that complaint at that.

As far as game mechanics are concerned, he represents those unable/unwilling to adapt to the environment. Vehicles overpower infantry? Use them more often. Bunnyhopper in CQC? Go AT and take the DAO to him. "N00b tub3r" in any circumstance? Don't stand still, maybe hop a little, and go prone and blow him away the second after he fires his 'nade (and misses). Dolphin diving? Okay, so there are a few real dolphin divers, but honestly most players only make a single dive - like to get a knife kill or revive. Yeah, they'll get up and repeat, but not in true dolphin diving style.

Now back to his state of being uninformed. Currently you cannot reload while sprinting, and the patch will add that in as an ability, however you can initiate a reload and then sprint without interupting the reloading process. Now look at what has been said about the patch:

Official 1.2 List of Fixes wrote:

Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time

EAMike (on the official BF2 site) wrote:

Players will still be able to toss grenades while jumping. Although the ability to fire while jumping has been removed, players will still be able to initiate a grenade toss prior to jumping and follow through with the toss, thereby gaining themselves some extra distance.
Therefore it can be assumed that firing and reloading CAN occur while jumping as long as you initiate the action before jumping. C4 and GL have no delay before firing, and thus cannot be done while jumping, but like sprint is now, so jumping will continue to be. Start your reload and then go hopping all you want.

Last edited by Gilgalad (2006-01-18 11:20:46)

uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
You all want realistic guns, realistic vehicles, then wanna jump about like daffy duck on whizz...

roll on the next patch

I cant wait to see u fuckers crippled..
Esker
+1|6728
Lol the patch won't make you any better you know. The people who can play this game as infantry will still kick your arse any day of the week. They'll simply adapt.

Still spawn camping in armour on Karkand is really realistic though I've got to admit. I mean, people just appearing out of thin air in alleyways only to be mowed down within a second? How do they get there and where do they actually come from?

Do you think it's something to do with the magical runway pixies that attach themselves to your jet?
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6748|Somewhere in NYC
The patch WILL NOT FIX bunnyhopping because you can still jump repeatedly. Regardless of being able to shoot or not.

What I think will happen is that in a given scenario, an MEC soldier will strafe and shoot, while a USMC marine bunny hops without shooting back. THEN, when the MEC reloads, the USMC will stop jumping and start shooting at the MEC who is, by the way, bunnyhoppinh WHILE RELOADING
JimCognito
+10|6682
It's a game.  The Battelfield PC series has never been a "realistic" game.  If people want to whine that the game is not realistic enough they can get together and come out with a realism mod that will bring about 1 shot kills.  If the game was realistic most of the vehicles would flip alot more easily, a wrench couldn't fix a chopper in mid flight within a few seconds, magic bags of healthy wouldn't cure an injury in a second, magic boxes wouldn't fall out of the sky full of ammo and health, well you get my point.

People will still be whining after the new patch.  This patch won't be the be all end all for this game.  It will still get a few more patches.  Who cares.  Just have fun and play.
FunKz
+1|6782|Melbourne, Australia
Here, have a tissue
superseal17
Banned
+1|6757
This patch is gonna suck in my opinion. In real life you can jump and your finger doesn't suddenly become paralysed. And the grenade launcher wasn't that good anyway. Plus dolphin divers are easy to kill and so are bunny hoppers.This patch is just a load of bollocks and makes it more unrealisitc. What the hell have EA done again. Do they not understand what people want.
BradLikesWaffles
+0|6761
What a load of mother fucking arse wiping shit eating cock sucking rim jobbing wank faced dick sprout penis licking bastard sucking shit! These little lairy cunt rubbing cock sucking ebony BBW loving wankers are SHIT!
superseal17
Banned
+1|6757
Right On. Ea Are Fucking Mother Crapping Shit Hole Shaking Ass Wiping Dick Heading Penis Munching Butt Licking Faggots. The Game Was Perfect Before They Changed It!!!
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6731|Rochester, NY
Actually I regret that they changed the game. At least keep the air things the same and strength AA. That is all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard