TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

Spider1980 wrote:

shoot anything that moves. there's no Innocent people in this game or small animals.
except your team if FF is on
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Superslim wrote:

A good server is Christian Gamers Online. They rotate all the maps and keep a clean server.

check their website for server info.

http://www.christiangamers.net/forum/portal.php
Just don't get into the Admin's armor or you will be kicked...
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

I'd help you but I'm kind of a noob myself. We can be friends though.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea

ReTox wrote:

Don't try to learn how to fly in a public server.
Hehehe, why not? i did...hence my aviator stats but yeh, while learning to fly just play singleplayer for a while, dont Tk for the jet/chopper i hate that
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6284|Pennsyltucky

Superslim wrote:

bombardier9999 wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Don't worry, always keep moving, never knife a tank, nades are worthless on armor, and...
never play Karkand.
NEVER PLAY KARKAND, i beg ur parden. Karkand is the most popular and BEST map in the whole FKN game including all the expasions and booster packs... ALWAYS PLAY INFANTRY ONLY KARKAND IF U WANT POINTS. (this guy doesn't know shi-t) (and sorry, i get carried away when people say shit about Karkand...)
All maps are good, explore all of them. Have fun, its only a game.
SUPERSLIM is right.  Explore all the maps and play them all at least a couple times.

I've played all the maps (Vanilla, SF, AF & EF) and it's interesting to see the variety of locales available.

Personally I'm a bit of a Warlord whore.  What I like about it is that it has everything vehicle wise except choppers & planes.  Plus the best part is it's easy to tell the uniforms apart.  I HATE playing Spetsnaz against the rebels, uniforms are too much alike.

One other tip that's helped my game - don't worry so much about killing but worry about being killed.  Learn to move stealthily.  Crouch a lot so you aren't sillohetted against the sky.  Strafe (move sideways) around corners, look down alleys beofre you go running down the street.

When firing at an enemy go PRONE, this is for more accuracy & present a smaller target.  When firing prone keep STRAFING left & right to be a harder target to hit.

As someone suggested there are a TON of guides posted here on BF2S.  Read as many as you can and use the BF2 WIKI link to look up things for yourself.

Lastly if you're available in the mornings East Coast time add me to your X-Fire.  I play with a good bunch of guys who are always willing to show a new player around.  (If you have Teamspeak & a headset you'll be way ahead of the game.)
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
read the guide in my signature.

and remember to always press winkey+L to use the backflip move.
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
Dont get in an F35 jet! (american, on the carrier).  No I dont care if its just standing there begging to be taken.

Only when you know why you shouldnt get in one, shoud you get in one.  Ive spent months building my ratio back because I thought i could just keep getting in it and eventually learn to be good in it and was remorselessly owned over and over and over untill I learned how weak it was.

If you must try, get in, fly a bit, and as soon as you hear the bleeper...BAIL THE FUCK OUT!!
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

Mad Ad wrote:

Dont get in an F35 jet! (american, on the carrier).  No I dont care if its just standing there begging to be taken.
lol, ya u have to know exactly wtf u are doing (and the enemy is doing) to last in an f35 for long.
TuataraDude
+115|6524|Aotearoa

ReTox wrote:

Play the heck out of single player if you want to use vehicles.  Don't try to learn how to fly in a public server.

Read the Wiki for sure and try to read the BF2s forum posts, especially the Tips and Tricks.

Most important is to have fun!  Don't take the inevitable asshatery seriously or personally.
All very true. I never read up on anything and it took me like ages to get anywhere. Mostly because of not knowing what to do.
<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6321|Canadia

CouchPotato wrote:

Does anyone want to help a noob?
no
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

Mad Ad wrote:

Only when you know why you shouldnt get in one, shoud you get in one.  Ive spent months building my ratio back because I thought i could just keep getting in it and eventually learn to be good in it and was remorselessly owned over and over and over untill I learned how weak it was.

If you must try, get in, fly a bit, and as soon as you hear the bleeper...BAIL THE FUCK OUT!!
WRONG

See this video. How to use the F35 the pwn the best J10 pilots

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &hl=en

Last edited by Superslim (2007-04-20 20:16:26)

adv3rsary
+28|6717
read that
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=70384
perfect for a noob to get started
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Try looking on the bf2s wiki.

Map layouts, vehicle locations and most importantly: guides. On almost every aspect of play.
All designed to help out
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Snake wrote:

Try looking on the bf2s wiki.

Map layouts, vehicle locations and most importantly: guides. On almost every aspect of play.
All designed to help out
Amen to that !
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK

Superslim wrote:

Mad Ad wrote:

WRONG

See this video. How to use the F35 the pwn the best J10 pilots

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &hl=en
Duhhhhhhhhh, hes a fucking noob not a F35 whore with tens of thousands of air kills like metallicaguitarist (the person that made that vid) - hes not going to learn that in his first few hours of play. LoL!!
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng

Undetected_Killer wrote:

bombardier9999 wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Don't worry, always keep moving, never knife a tank, nades are worthless on armor, and...
never play Karkand.
NEVER PLAY KARKAND, i beg ur parden. Karkand is the most popular and BEST map in the whole FKN game including all the expasions and booster packs... ALWAYS PLAY INFANTRY ONLY KARKAND IF U WANT POINTS. (this guy doesn't know shi-t) (and sorry, i get carried away when people say shit about Karkand...)
Dear impressionable newbs:
Do not listen to him. He is a n00b. You are newbs. You still have your innocence. Do not believe this man(?)!
If you play Karkand too much, you become a n00b.
I too used to be a n00b.... until I bought SF.
And now u r a Ghost Town/Warlord n00b.

Prick
#rekt
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6513|Gold Coast

Undetected_Killer wrote:

never play Karkand.
Lmao your most played map is Karkand.

Few tips: Karkand is for point whores
Go on single player for jet practice, but go on Operation Clean Sweep.
Try the heli out on SP. People yell at you if you crash and make them die.
Dont cheat.
Have sexy time fun.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6235|Albion
use your ears, get used to recognising which gun is what, you can hear enemy calls for "medic!" (translation:easy kills) listen for the tink tink of grenades (or friendlys/foes who yell GRENADE!) and the sound of a knife rustling out of its sheath. you eyes only cover straight ahead but your ears are 360 degrees.

Last edited by Vernedead (2007-04-22 05:36:34)

3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6305|The | Netherlands
Always teamkill for vehicles, and if U get teamkilled, always punish! That's the way to know the game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard