ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6491|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I bought a item on sunday, Testdrive unlimited for 18.99 pounds, not too cheap not too expensive so it looked and seemed legit, and also this guy supposidly had 30 of these so anyways i bought one and a few days ago i get a email from him saying this:-

Hello, I am contacting you in regards with the game that you purchased,I am very sorry for the hassle and you will be fully refunded as soon as possible,I hope we can resolve this matter way without you claiming from paypal,you will recieve a full explanation after the refund,sorry again and thankyou very much for your patients, regards

Ive just checked his feedback and loads of people who bought the same item is saying they think its a scam and have reported him to paypal and ebay.
So will i ever see my money again?

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2007-04-20 13:37:13)

stef10
+173|6499|Denmark
Well, if this is a scam then be happy that you only loose 19£!
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6240
damn EBAY lol
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6453|UK
i have had the same problems but with DVD's

they say there legit but there cheap copys

if you dont recive the money via refund report using paypal and they normally refund you the money direct

seems strange he has 30 and cant sell you one

try something like amazon or ebuyer

something thats a trusted company
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

Zero!. wrote:

if you dont recive the money via refund report using paypal and they normally refund you the money direct

I thought Ebay was a trusted company, and this guy said i think to everyone who bought one that they would not recieve their item and get a full refund...
d.cripz
+29|6426
the answer to your question is no, you wont. Thats the risk you take so you gotta live with it i guess. I know someone who got scammed too from ebay, but it was a CAR and he drove from canada to florida to see it. When he arrived there was no car rofl
stef10
+173|6499|Denmark

Zero!. wrote:

Yep! Here in Denmark I found a company called Softxchange! They are extremely cheap and the DVDs come in very little time. No complaints from me!
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6453|UK

ELITE-UK wrote:

Zero!. wrote:

I thought Ebay was a trusted company, and this guy said i think to everyone who bought one that they would not recieve their item and get a full refund...
its not a company its an online auction

people selling there items are not companys its just some average jo

indeed in a fasion ebay are a company but they ony host the website for all you lucky people to use
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
Shit i know for sure i wont see my money again, ive just checked and this guys is no longer registered!!!
oh well it wasnt too much money.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6773|Scotland

You report him through eBay and Paypal. He will soon disappear off the internet.
I will give you your money back, or be permanently removed from eBay.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

ELITE-UK wrote:

You are not buying the item from eBay.  It's like a swapmeet.  You are not buying the item from the Drive-In theatre owner, but from the guy behind the booth.

Since you used PayPal, contact PayPal and have them do a chargeback.  However, if the seller liquidated his PayPal account, you are screwed.
stef10
+173|6499|Denmark

ELITE-UK wrote:

Shit i know for sure i wont see my money again, ive just checked and this guys is no longer registered!!!
oh well it wasnt too much money.
Yep! Be very happy about that!
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6453|UK
indeed contact paypal and they usually refund the money for you.
jarhedch
+12|6687|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st

Ilocano wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

You are not buying the item from eBay.  It's like a swapmeet.  You are not buying the item from the Drive-In theatre owner, but from the guy behind the booth.

Since you used PayPal, contact PayPal and have them do a chargeback.  However, if the seller liquidated his PayPal account, you are screwed.
no yer not, do a chargeback through yer credit card (if you used yer card with paypal), let paypal get screwed, you are eligible for a full refund regardless of whether paypal can get the money back. That's the beauty of paying with a credit card, you are protected against fraudulent purchases. I got screwed once on paypal, paypal would not honor theire buyer protection program, even though it was promised on the auction, informed credit card company, and they took their money back from paypal and refunded me. All at no charge.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

jarhedch wrote:

no yer not, do a chargeback through yer credit card (if you used yer card with paypal), let paypal get screwed, you are eligible for a full refund regardless of whether paypal can get the money back. That's the beauty of paying with a credit card, you are protected against fraudulent purchases. I got screwed once on paypal, paypal would not honor theire buyer protection program, even though it was promised on the auction, informed credit card company, and they took their money back from paypal and refunded me. All at no charge.
My bad.  Realized my post error after the fact.  I actually was referring to a credit card when I noted chargeback.  Assuming Elite funded his PayPal with a credit card though.

Last edited by Ilocano (2007-04-20 13:58:13)

commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6430|Michigan, USA

Ilocano wrote:

jarhedch wrote:

My bad.  Realized my post error after the fact.  I actually was referring to a credit card when I noted chargeback.  Assuming Elite funded his PayPal with a credit card though.
OP: did you?  Sure hope you did use a credit card...  let us know if you're successful in getting your refund.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6510|N. Ireland
As bad as it is, I know people who have been scammed in the area of £8000 ($16000).
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6582|UK
gotta love ebay
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back

commandochristian wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

jarhedch wrote:

OP: did you?  Sure hope you did use a credit card...  let us know if you're successful in getting your refund.
Yeah i used a credit card, and i will post back if i get refunded.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6465

My friend bought a PSP, the guy didn't send it, So he contacted ebay/paypal(I am not sure which one) and he got his refund. I don't think u gonna lose ur money. Otherwise ebay won't be as popular as it is now.
I never experienced this before though! I quite like buying stuff from ebay and selling ofc.

Last edited by rabee2789b (2007-04-20 16:01:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard