RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6403|NSW, Australia

Sarrk wrote:

You dont blame games, you blame the cheating whore that he was dating. Thats why he flipped out.
wow, life would suck if you knew a massacre happened cause of you
Masta_Daco
+39|6734|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

fadedsteve wrote:

simmy.uk wrote:

Some people are blaming counter strike for the Virginia Tech shooting. I hate how people always use the same scape goats time and time again.

Instead of blaming CS and other FPS games...why don't you ban the selling of guns to the civilian population, wouldn't that solve the problem?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article … shtml?s=im
Banning guns to people who are unstable, and have been ruled unstable by the courts/authorities. . . would be a better system.

Taking my 2nd Amendment rights away is something I as an American am not willing to give up.

Keep in mind the founders are smarter than anyone on these forums. . . They wouldnt have written that KEY Amendment if they thought it shouldnt be there! The right to bear arms basically allows you to protect yourself, when the police/government isnt able to protect you. . . .Its kind of a last line of defense Amendment that gives more power to the people.
That my friend is very true, but don't forget that there are poeple who use that power wrong and the tech shooting is the result of it.. id be better if they let you wait 6 months or so and if you get arrested by police then you wont be allowed to own a gun.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6582|Seattle

NewsMax wrote:

Banned: Violent Games in Germany

Germany has taken steps to go even further and ban violent video games outright, the trade publication Variety reported. A bill placed before parliament would outlaw the depiction of violent acts committed against human characters, and would effectively ban most first-person shooter games.

The bill was introduced late last year after 18-year-old Sebastian Bosse shot up a high school in Emsdetten, injuring 37 before killing himself. An investigation revealed that Bosse spent most of his waking hours playing the game "Counter-Strike."
is such a law actually going to pass? my god...
(cob)mikko
+21|6442|finland
duke nukem oh my god i shoot burning skeleton now i have kill everybody
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6477|Sheffield-England
If he were alive and played CS.... i'd love to kick his ass at it
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North
yeah because you know, theres a little yellow crosshair on the people you shoot too! yeah ive seen people who thought that they knew how to shoot because they played games, some of the worst shots i have EVER seen.

i guess this just goes to show that no matter how hard intelligent people try, the ignorant masses ALWAYS win in the end

Last edited by krazed (2007-04-20 05:14:33)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
I'm a psycho!

ooh look CS, blood and guns! let's do that in my free time!

I'm still a psycho!

I've had enough of my life, so I'm going to kill some people as I've been planning since years before I started playing CS!

NOT:

I'm johnny normalkid! A+ grades and never out of line!

ooh look, CS!

now I'm going to kill lots of people!

GAMES ATTRACT, NOT CAUSE.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6386|New York
This is a matter of people not taking any sort of responsibility for anything. There always HAS to be a reason for everything. They absolutely need to point blame on something, so they feel they can fix it. Well guess what fucktards, you can't fix everything, shit will happen regardless of all the precautions you take. I don't know why most people can't get their mind around the fact that this would have happened regardless of what this guy did in his spare time. This is absolutely NOT a legitimate reason to strengthen gun laws or blame video games. This is simple, and they should leave it at this: the kid was disturbed a bit, probably from his peers, and fucking snapped. THAT'S IT.

Correlation does not imply causation. Meaning: Correlation between two variables (in this case, video games and a killing spree) does not imply a cause and effect relationship (he played video games with guns, now he's going to kill everyone). This is one of the first things taught to people taking science classes and is widely accepted in the science community, especially psychology courses. Not following this principal in science can cause serious fuck ups. However, the assholes on the television prefer to stay assholes and not even think or consider this.

I have two examples worth mentioning here that further the correlation does not imply causation argument.

1. They say he wrote violent plays, and that should have been an indication of what he was going to do. I deem bullshit on this. Why? Simple. Take Stephen King or Tarantino (hell, even Bret Easton Ellis, author of American Psycho) out of their celebrity status, and then read their screenplays/novels. You could say the same exact thing about them. The fact is that these are all brilliant authors/directors and they are extremely violent in their writing. (By the way, I love all of their works, so I am in no way attacking them). Conclusion: Big fucking deal. He wrote plays that had violent themes, and Stephen King writes violent novels; maybe we should start to worry about King killing everyone too.

2. Bowling for Columbine. Now I know Michael Moore can be biased at times, but this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. The two killers went bowling the night before they went and killed innocent people, so Moore looked into this. Does bowling cause people to kill? Absolutely not, it's an absurd thought, and everyone he talked to about this thought the same.

My conclusion: Everyone is an ignorant hypocrite that refuses to take responsibility and use any degree of reason. This kid was fucked up in the head, that's it. He couldn't deal with shit, and took it out on others.

Edit: One more thought. There is violence in tribes still, cannabalism and such. They don't have electricity. Who's fault is it now? Who should we point the blame to now? Oh, right, there is noone to blame. Violence is a part of mankind. We fucking kill each other regardless of exposure to outside stimuli.

Last edited by heggs (2007-04-20 06:10:36)

Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6617
They blame video games for their own personal gain. Like Jack Thompson. What an douche, exploits tragedies for money.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-04-20 07:28:57)

MrE`158
+103|6620
Every time Jack Fucking Thompson opens his mouth, I want to beat him to a bloody pulp with a sack of doorknobs.

Logically, therefore, Jack Fucking Thompson should be banned, since he's clearly a dangerous influence on my psyche, sending me spiralling down through being a sociopath into full-blown psychopath.

The bastard.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore

simmy.uk wrote:

Some people are blaming counter strike for the Virginia Tech shooting. I hate how people always use the same scape goats time and time again.

Instead of blaming CS and other FPS games...why don't you ban the selling of guns to the civilian population, wouldn't that solve the problem?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article … shtml?s=im
agreed. ban the selling of guns will solve the problem...
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6714|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

LT.Victim wrote:

You know Jack Thompson is going the be all over this..

..oh wait.. He already is...

rant
@the ass hole in the video:
No you dumb fuck, the common denominator was that all these people involved in school shootings were mentally unstable/bullied/picked on and decided that killing was their way of getting justice.  I love how you automatically jump to the conclusion that video games were the cause before that information was released.  How about instead of looking the thing that millions use every day with out any repercussions what so ever, we look at the fact that these guys were already fucked in the head.  What is needed is a better monitoring system for people like this, not the destruction of an industry.
/rant

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard