-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6744|Belgium

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

One of the MEC voice files sounds just like he's saying "Fodder", so I thought someone kept shouting at me using the in-game mic thing. Took me like two hours to figure that one out.....
Which acctuallly is ghadder  ...
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6744|Belgium

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

My old GF would crack up when I played Medal of Honor as she was a Nazi and thought the whole thing was pretty funny
Um...   you dated a Nazi??
Zhie nazi maedchen p0wn yoU in zhie bed with her leather whip und bootz. splaT splaT ...

Last edited by -|V2^Fraggus (2006-01-17 06:04:15)

ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6872|Deutschland/Germany

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

My guess is it'll be English. Sorry, we used to own half the world...
Hell we almost achieved that too!!!!
No... seriously... the USMC speaks English and it would get kinda boring if the new army would do it too. But ur right I guess they ll speak English. Maybe like the SAS in SF....... Who knows though it could also be French.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6753
Chinese is authentic china chinese... which we, the taiwaners think its funny...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6734|Germany
The languages in BF1942 were definitely authentic,the German was flawless(I should know) and the Japanese was ok(I only speak a littlebit of Japanese).In BF2 it's the same thing.

I always use the original language,gives the game more(if there ever was some)authenticity and it helps you to locate the enemy,a loudmouth medic or supporter who barks "Ammo!Right here!" all the time surely can give away your position.
And after a few matches you know all the words in different languages:
Grenade!(eng) = Granata!(russ) = Humbulla!(arab)......
Erkut.hv
+124|6772|California
Poombala!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6734|Germany

Erkut.hv wrote:

Poombala!
Ok,I don't speak Arabic but I was very close...I don't care about typos,as long as you know that when you hear "Poombala!" a MEC-handgrenade is close to your position all is well....
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6750|Wherever the F**k i feel like

blue60007 wrote:

Yeah its authentic arabic...I asked someone I know (who's native toungue is arabic) to translate a few... And yeah I've learned a few arabic phrases by playing the game.
OMFG GAMES DO TEACH QUICK STOP THE PRESSES!!!!
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6783|Somewhere in NYC
Why can't they have English speaking MEC's with Arabic accents? I know it's lame, but at least so you'll know who's asking for a medic
joviaaldreetje
+1|6721
I was on holiday in Egypt last summer...and of course I couldnt leave my laptop at home (Can you say addict?)...I was playing a few rounds of SinglePLayer BF2...and the guy working behind the desk called me over and asked what I was doing...I explained and I think somehow he felt honored......I wanted me to let him hear all the commands and he translated them......We had a blast...I even wrote it down somewhere....
ninjaturtleshadows
+0|6745

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Has anyone seen "House"? American medical drama series - Hugh Laurie's american accent sounds really dodgy to my British ears, but I understand the American public really like it - with some not even being aware that he's British - is this true? Anyone else think it sounds dodgy?
House rocks. I was unaware the guy was actually indeed British, but I certainly did pick up a flare of British accent quite often and it made me wonder if he was British. He certainly has the dry humor down. All signs point to being British.

As for the PLA, my Chinese friend who speaks fluent Chinese (of which dialect, I forget) cannot understand the PLA.
shaggyp
+1|6760|Florida
there is no "p" in arabic.  without arabic characters, the closest english phonetic spelling would be "koonbala".  it means bomb.  "koonbala yedowiya" would have been a little more accurate.  that means hand bomb or (clearly) hand grenade.  for true authenticity "ananas" would have been used.  that means pineapple, but is used widely to mean grenade.

sgt_pedro:  don't go announcing yourself all over the internet.  thanks.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6803|Cambridge (UK)

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

My guess is it'll be English. Sorry, we used to own half the world...
Hell we almost achieved that too!!!!
Until we came and kicked your sorry butts back to the motherland!
subz3r0mkt
+27|6714
Just to add to my ignorance, when the MEC commander says "Roger That!" It sounds like he says "I Smoke!!" lmao
Bernadictus
+1,055|6774

Is there a list of all the commands and phrases in their native language and their translation, would be funny to see them. And for the booster packs > just like age of empires 3, the dutch will be in it (or i hope ).

'Aanvallûh!'
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6767|Rochester, NY
Also, The Chinese says Ten-Four well.. Ten-Four in English , which cracked me up because they should said ten four in Chinese.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6712|Canberra, AUS

BlackLegion42 wrote:

Also, The Chinese says Ten-Four well.. Ten-Four in English , which cracked me up because they should said ten four in Chinese.
"ten-four" in chinese is shi-si. Problem with that, though, is in REAL chinese, that means "fourteen".
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6743|Antarctica
I have no problems with the Arabic and Chinese, i've memorized about half the words :-P
lobo76
+2|6746
some of the chinese is just ... wrong. one of the versions of Go Go Go in chinese is Kan dio ta. Which literally translates to Kill him.

When u are in a vehicle asking the driver to "move it" by pressing Q and selecting Gox3. You are actually saying "kill him!" ...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6712|Canberra, AUS
Shouldn't it be 'qu qu qu' or similar? or 'zou zou zou' (both meaning go)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6781|St. Paul, MN
the built in voice overs are not unfair. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't everyone just recognise the sounds after a while and know what means what? I mean, you don't actually have to know the translation to know what "medic!" means in Chinese, you just remember the sound you make when you go unconsious.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6781|St. Paul, MN
now what I want to know is, do people from different countries have different characters and symbols to type with? in-game that is.
Drunkaholic
+4|6762

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Krauser98 wrote:

I think it is funny when you kill the enemy and you hear "Medic!"  It is a good indicator that a medic is about to walk around the corner and try to save him if he says it again.
Actually I listen for the 'You're good to go, buddy!' and then it's frag time.  Hopefully I'll get both the medic and the revived zombie corpse.

I can say from experiance that tactic really pisses me off though when the tables get turned....
I've never heard the "You're good to go, buddy!" thing said out loud.  Maybe they're just whispering .  Also, has anyone other than me noticed that you can "kill" (as opposed to critically wound) an opponent by shooting them once or twice in the head after they die?  Double tap method, anyone?  People usually do it accidently with grenades or artillery, though.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6753

ninjaturtleshadows wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Has anyone seen "House"? American medical drama series - Hugh Laurie's american accent sounds really dodgy to my British ears, but I understand the American public really like it - with some not even being aware that he's British - is this true? Anyone else think it sounds dodgy?
House rocks. I was unaware the guy was actually indeed British, but I certainly did pick up a flare of British accent quite often and it made me wonder if he was British. He certainly has the dry humor down. All signs point to being British.

As for the PLA, my Chinese friend who speaks fluent Chinese (of which dialect, I forget) cannot understand the PLA.
he could speak hong kong chinese or cantonese, the PLA use beijing dialect and use R sound a lot, which a lot of ppl from taiwan think its funny and gay
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ilyandor
+31|6725|Phoenix, AZ
i thinks i actually am learning arabic now...thanks to the game...it is SUCH a pleasure to hear russian chatter in SF, its real and authentic, unlike a lot of the american movies. makes me feel like i'm back home...

p.s. i know 'kumbula' is 'granade', so i run like a bitch!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard