Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK
I didn't think the story was particularly racist when I read it myself. I didn't even think about it until I read the comments at digg and i thought about the fact that if all the roles were reversed it would be a fucking outrage.

I find you calling me racist absolutely laughable tbh if you knew anything about my private life you'd realise how ridiculous that claim is.

Anyway this story aside I'd still say the media has double standards, because it sells papers at the end of the day. The same way in the UK most crimes won't go reported in the papers but if the person committing the crime is an asylum seeker, all of a sudden it's the worst thing ever. The fact remains the media will and won't cover different things depending on these circumstances.
Sanjaya
Banned
+40|6228

Milk.org wrote:

I didn't think the story was particularly racist when I read it myself. I didn't even think about it until I read the comments at digg and i thought about the fact that if all the roles were reversed it would be a fucking outrage.

I find you calling me racist absolutely laughable tbh if you knew anything about my private life you'd realise how ridiculous that claim is.

Anyway this story aside I'd still say the media has double standards, because it sells papers at the end of the day. The same way in the UK most crimes won't go reported in the papers but if the person committing the crime is an asylum seeker, all of a sudden it's the worst thing ever. The fact remains the media will and won't cover different things depending on these circumstances.
Yes, I'm sure you have plenty of ethnic friends. Everyone always does.

Please read that article over again and tell me where the 5 black men are and then maybe we can talk about sensationalism in your posting instead of how the media has it out of the white man.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6807|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Sanjaya wrote:

It wasn't even 5 black men! ...
You're right, there were only four and one was female. One of the pictured was released and now four are facing trial for the crime, including the girl.

https://mylifeofcrime.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/suspect-row.JPG

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S= … p;nav=0RYv

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/local_news/ … 34,00.html

http://www.sullivan-county.com/wcva/liberal_racism.htm
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker

Sanjaya wrote:

. . . you tend to have to have proof it's a hate crime.
If someone cuts of a man's penis and shoots him three times, there has to be some hate involved.  The term hate crime is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.  If you're willing to kill or injure an innocent person there has to be some measure of hate involved.  These men, if guilty, should be executed for their heinous crime.  Human being capable of that level of torture and violence cannot be rehabilitated  . . .  no matter what race they are.
JG1567JG
+110|6589|United States of America

Stingray24 wrote:

Sanjaya wrote:

. . . you tend to have to have proof it's a hate crime.
If someone cuts of a man's penis and shoots him three times, there has to be some hate involved.  The term hate crime is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.  If you're willing to kill or injure an innocent person there has to be some measure of hate involved.  These men, if guilty, should be executed for their heinous crime.  Human being capable of that level of torture and violence cannot be rehabilitated  . . .  no matter what race they are.
I have never agreed with the term Hate Crime either.  I just don't see how this would be any worse of a crime if the they picked the victim because they were white.  This and every other crime that people call Hate Crimes are just as bad if they are black on black or white on white crimes.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6519|USA
as soon as whites are the minority, we will see this classified as a hate crime.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK
If you want to go accuse people of being racist then go do it in one of the many "zomg shud we nuke teh middle east!!" threads.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6561

Milk.org wrote:

Double murder and rape of white couple by 5 black men: Where's the outrage?

They wanted the 4-Runner but wound up taking the lives of a young Knox County couple in brutal fashion, court records made public Friday reveal.

"Originally the plan was to do a carjacking," a pal of fatal carjacking suspect Lemaricus Devall Davidson told a federal agent.

It's still not clear why the alleged carjacking confrontation between Channon Christian, 21, her boyfriend, Christopher Newsom, 23, and brothers Davidson and Letalvis Darnell Cobbins turned fatal.

It's not even known yet where the deadly encounter began.

But it ended early Sunday morning in a seedy rental house on Chipman Street, where Christian and Newsom were forced inside at gunpoint, according to state and federal court records.

Newsom was shot, bound and his body wrapped up in bedding and set afire, according to a search warrant application drafted by Knoxville Police Department Investigator Todd Childress.
Source

Was flicking through some of the comments at digg and this one made me think.

digg user wrote:

Imus calls some black women "Nappy headed hos." A black woman accuses college Lacrosse players "rapists." Just words but with huge media coverage. A white couple is carjacked. The girlfriend is forced to watch as the man's penis is cut off and he is shot 3 times. The girlfriend was kept in the house, raped for 3 days then murdered. No coverage.
Does the media have double standards? No shit.
Another examples of white people wanting the rest of us to feel sorry. Well not happening. I hope those black guys get castrated and burn in hell but ot is not the same as when a white does the same but for the sole reason of race and not robbery. Those black guys would have done the same to blacks, mexicans, and asians. No hate crime just crime. Why it wasn't blasted on the news is beyond me. Maybe there is a double standard form media coverage but not for justice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard