Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Wasnt he on a roof of a shop with an auto shotty? which then led to their illegalisation?
No, he was running through the town gunning people down, and eventually holed up inside a building.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

Sentinel wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Yup, youda been a criminal. ha. kinda sucks our Government so over reacts cause someone "might" hurt someone else.
I thought the gun laws were a direct result from that massacre in Tasmania. 35 something people died when that crazy guy with an Assualt rifle went rampaging around Port Arthur.

I dont think thats an overreaction based on the possibility of death...
Wasnt he on a roof of a shop with an auto shotty? which then led to their illegalisation?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_Massacre

Remains the worst gun massacre ever perpetrated by a single person (a guy with an IQ of 66 - seriously).

Last edited by Spark (2007-04-18 23:19:05)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6329|Orrstrayleea

Spark wrote:

Sentinel wrote:

I thought the gun laws were a direct result from that massacre in Tasmania. 35 something people died when that crazy guy with an Assualt rifle went rampaging around Port Arthur.

Remains the worst gun massacre ever perpetrated by a single person.
Where is he now? Is he doing time, or did he kill himself?
Smitty5613
+46|6534|Middle of nowhere, California

Bubbalo wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

well, do you think banning cars is an overreaction based on the possibility of deadly accidents??
It's about cost benefit analysis.  Car accidents can cause death, but provide society with great benefit.  Guns are designed to cause death but...........ah...............um.....................someone help me out here?
you guys make it sound like emo kids would LOVE guns.... death death they cause death... many things can cause death, cars, rocks, lightning, old buildings, dogs, bagels, jawbreakers, icy stairs, need i say more?? freedoml is a big part of the United State's society and if you are not free to own a firearm, your other freedoms will soon be gon eventually too.....
Spark
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

Spark wrote:

35 life sentences.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

Smitty5613 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

well, do you think banning cars is an overreaction based on the possibility of deadly accidents??
It's about cost benefit analysis.  Car accidents can cause death, but provide society with great benefit.  Guns are designed to cause death but...........ah...............um.....................someone help me out here?
you guys make it sound like emo kids would LOVE guns.... death death they cause death... many things can cause death, cars, rocks, lightning, old buildings, dogs, bagels, jawbreakers, icy stairs, need i say more?? freedoml is a big part of the United State's society and if you are not free to own a firearm, your other freedoms will soon be gon eventually too.....
Funny, most Australians aren't free to own a firearm and we feel freer than you - at least we aren't wiretapped.
~ Richard Feynman
Smitty5613

Spark wrote:

Spark wrote:

35 life sentences.
nice, you always hear about those people who tried to kill sum1, but since they didnt succeed, they only got like 10 yrs..... finally a fair sentence..

well its past my bedtime, im out lata
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6792|Perth, Western Australia
Why do melees happen so much in Australia?

Because we don't have easy access to guns to shoot eachother with.

Go Figure
Smitty5613

Spark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Funny, most Australians aren't free to own a firearm and we feel freer than you - at least we aren't wiretapped.
its good that you feel free, if you dont like firearms then good for you, im glad ur happy... as for the wiretapping, they only do that to suspicious persons... im not muslim so i dont think i have much of a worry about that
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

Smitty5613 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

That's right, I could wield a jawbreaker with deadly force..................................?
I_SUCK_999
2 old & slow to pwnd U
+5|6455|Alice Springs

Sentinel wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

wow, so when i was like 12 and i had a BB gun(Air Rifle) without a permit that wasn't registered, i woulda been illegal in Australia lol
Yup, youda been a criminal. ha. kinda sucks our Government so over reacts cause someone "might" hurt someone else.

I agree with the semi auto rifles & shotguns being banned/restricted - but come on BB guns - really, the next massacre with one of those will be the first.
~FuzZz~
+422|6329|Orrstrayleea
Lol, deadly jawbreaker force +1
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

Smitty5613 wrote:

Im sick of people that argue like this! "Oh well if guns kill poeple lets ban cars and knives and trains and baseball bats..."

Guns are made to MAIM and INCAPACITATE. Don't give me that sport shooting bullshit either. If you're a sport shooter and you own a COMPETITION pistol or rifle, well good on ya (as long as you practise your hobby safely of course). Don't try and tell me you own a Glock 19 or a Beretta so you can go sport shooting or hunting.

The reason people call for a ban on guns (and swords, and flickknives, and maces etc) is because they were designed with only one concept in mind: KILLING (and/or MAIMING)

Cars, while they do kill people, are made for TRANSPORT. Kitchen knives are made for CUTTING FOOD. Baseball bats are made for BASEBALL. Guns are made for KILLING
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

Sentinel wrote:

I_SUCK_999 wrote:

I agree with the semi auto rifles & shotguns being banned/restricted - but come on BB guns - really, the next massacre with one of those will be the first.
BB Guns are a different matter.  They tend to be view as toys, and as such given to kids, who then hurt people and things.
~FuzZz~
+422|6329|Orrstrayleea

Spark wrote:

Sentinel wrote:

Remains the worst gun massacre ever perpetrated by a single person (a guy with an IQ of 66 - seriously).
Holy shit-just read that, what posseses a person to do that? that is insane! that almost made me spew!
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

Spark wrote:

Holy shit-just read that, what posseses a person to do that? that is insane! that almost made me spew!
Being from Vic I thought youd have heard of this already... I remember it myself... I was 6 and was at my uncles brithday party when it came on the news.

How old are you out of interest?
~FuzZz~
+422|6329|Orrstrayleea

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Spark wrote:

Being from Vic I thought youd have heard of this already... I remember it myself... I was 6 and was at my uncles brithday party when it came on the news.

How old are you out of interest?
15 now, but 16  in a couple of months , Most people underestimate me bacause of my age...
psychotoxic187
+11|6716

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Im sick of people that argue like this! "Oh well if guns kill poeple lets ban cars and knives and trains and baseball bats..."

Guns are made to MAIM and INCAPACITATE. Don't give me that sport shooting bullshit either. If you're a sport shooter and you own a COMPETITION pistol or rifle, well good on ya (as long as you practise your hobby safely of course). Don't try and tell me you own a Glock 19 or a Beretta so you can go sport shooting or hunting.

The reason people call for a ban on guns (and swords, and flickknives, and maces etc) is because they were designed with only one concept in mind: KILLING (and/or MAIMING)

Cars, while they do kill people, are made for TRANSPORT. Kitchen knives are made for CUTTING FOOD. Baseball bats are made for BASEBALL. Guns are made for KILLING
Owning a gun is called a hobby. Some collect stamps, and others like to collect guns. It's just an item until the wrong person gets their hands on it. Ban guns, and the bad guys will kill with something else, along with their illegal guns, leaving lawabiding citizens defenseless.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Invaderzim wrote:

We actualy have medevil battles in the deserts of Australia, our cavlry mainly consists of people on the backs of kangaroos.
I smell MMO faction.

GO 5TH ROO LANCERS!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-19 04:06:04)

GnySgtFrost
+1|6226
Hehe, What's a good fight without some sword weilding maniac to fire up teh troops and get us all reaching for a table leg?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

agent146 wrote:

Milk.org wrote:

lol at the Aussies weapon of choice

USA - Guns
UK - Knives
Australia - Swords!

That's awesome, if a bar fight kicked off and everyone pulled out a sword like the medieval times.
LOl yes, but remeber to give some room if your going to draw your sword; you might slash one of your buddies by accident. I am left handed and I can recall many when its annoying when my left elbow clashes with a right hander while sitting and writing. image that but with a sword.

Sorry to say 'Lefty' but you just bought point duty with that explanation lol.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Owning a gun is called a hobby. Some collect stamps, and others like to collect guns. It's just an item until the wrong person gets their hands on it.
So then buy replica guns or guns which have been disabled.

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Ban guns, and the bad guys will kill with something else, along with their illegal guns, leaving lawabiding citizens defenseless.
That's dumb logic.  Why not give everyone access to nukes, afterall, if you don't the bad countries will just kill with something else.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

But could I buy swords that have been disabled?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Actually, yes, you can (I'm pretty sure) own a blunted sword in Victoria.
BVC
+325|6703
Apart from Australia's match with SA, the semis & finals are going to be interesting.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Actually, yes, you can (I'm pretty sure) own a blunted sword in Victoria.
But I can still use it to dish out some pretty nasty welts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard