Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

I use a couple of Logitech mice, a G5 and Mediaplay cordless. They are both very nice, apart from the crappy annoying piece of software that is setpoint. I like clicking the mouse wheel to act like a middle button, as it does on most mice - by default setpoint assigns it to be a zoom button (which is pretty useless unless you happen to be half blind), I reassign it to be the middle button and everything is fine - until I reboot when it reverts to being the zoom!

Why is this horrible bit of software doing this to me? How can I stop it?
ssonrats
+221|6647
Uninstall it, i did, setpoint is shite.

Last edited by ssonrats (2007-04-18 04:47:56)

The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6643|Deep In The South Of Texas
That's peculiar. In Setpoint mine is set to middle mouse by default.
Volatile
+252|6706|Sextupling in Empire

Did you get the latest software from their website? I have a mx518 and I have not experienced this. I have all of the buttons assigned to weapons for Battlefield.

I did have a problem a while back trying to keep the keep the dpi buttons assigned as keyboard keys and not dpi switchers. I just went into game mode though and set it to only one setting and removed the extras.
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
setpoint is a fu***** piece of **** and ******** ******* me off daily

When it doesnt load properly, open task manager find setpoint.exe right click and end process.  Then load setpoint from your start shortcut, ok it THEN go to the tray icon right click and exit and then go back to the start menu and load it again, ok and that should be it.

Thats what I have to do about every 2 or 3 times I reboot.  If I dont reload it the second time the functions only work in windows and not in games properly.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

I never install the software that comes with logitech mice, it takes away functionality more than it gives.
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
without the crappy setpoint sw I cant assign everything I need to (well I still cant fully but I get even less functionality without it or id kick it to the kerb already)
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Mad Ad wrote:

setpoint is a fu***** piece of **** and ******** ******* me off daily

When it doesnt load properly, open task manager find setpoint.exe right click and end process.  Then load setpoint from your start shortcut, ok it THEN go to the tray icon right click and exit and then go back to the start menu and load it again, ok and that should be it.

Thats what I have to do about every 2 or 3 times I reboot.  If I dont reload it the second time the functions only work in windows and not in games properly.
I do that quite often. But there must be a better way.

It does weird stuff sometimes and ending the process seems the best way of stopping it doing that. But in general I find it works really well, until I reboot and have to set everything up again.

I wondered whether having 2 mice might be the cause.

- and yes it is the latest version (it auto updates anyway, but I've still reinstalled it from the website just in case)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard