firebug
+1|6246|England
Last night while I was playing 2142 I got a pop-up from my firewall saying something about PB updating/replacing itself, so I clicked permit, restarted the game (my firewall had minimised the game and I couldn't get it back), then I started getting those PB "lost packet" errors.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

From the punkbuster FAQ:

FAQ wrote:

While playing on a PunkBuster enabled server, the new PunkBuster components are designed to use as much spare cpu power as is available during gameplay without draining too much power that would be used by the game itself. Newer systems having multiple cpus or a multi-core cpu provide an additional efficiency boost for the new components.
Is it just me or is that fucking too far?
I don't like the sound of that at all. I'm going to check out the links posted by GR33NS pronto and see if I can get that shit off my PC.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6450|Brisbane, Australia

firebug wrote:

Last night while I was playing 2142 I got a pop-up from my firewall saying something about PB updating/replacing itself, so I clicked permit, restarted the game (my firewall had minimised the game and I couldn't get it back), then I started getting those PB "lost packet" errors.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

From the punkbuster FAQ:

FAQ wrote:

While playing on a PunkBuster enabled server, the new PunkBuster components are designed to use as much spare cpu power as is available during gameplay without draining too much power that would be used by the game itself. Newer systems having multiple cpus or a multi-core cpu provide an additional efficiency boost for the new components.
Is it just me or is that fucking too far?
I don't like the sound of that at all. I'm going to check out the links posted by GR33NS pronto and see if I can get that shit off my PC.
Careful, because the new release kicks for having those files disabled - seems like we are stuck with 40% CPU hogging, lagging anti-cheat which doesn't work anyway shit.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
String3R
+15|6241
So does anyone know a fix to this or  a list of programs that could be causing the problem i havent been able to play NS yet!
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6568|Brisbane, Aus

Panikfrost wrote:

that whole losing key packets thing usually happens when your internet goes crap on you.nothing to do with the game or or your pc its just your ISP
or you're still downloading stuff/capped your internet
String3R
+15|6241
not for me, i tried this morning and it wasnt working
Buzerk1
+44|6847
Here's what I have done last night and at least I didn't get kicked once last night (but I only played a few maps).

After the PB updater didn't work,

I went on http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2142.php

Save the pbsec.htm file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\pb

So far, no more kicks.....

EDIT: Change to link to point to 2142

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2007-04-20 06:58:36)

String3R
+15|6241
i just did that and again i got kicked because its losing key packets b(ffff0001)
String3R
+15|6241
Any ideas?
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6556|England

Buzerk1 wrote:

Here's what I have done last night and at least I didn't get kicked once last night (but I only played a few maps).

I went on http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf1942.php

JUST DONE IT AND PLAYED ONE ROUND AND NO KICKS FROM PUNKBUSTER
dean
+0|6703|UK
so how do we sort it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any info would be nice, pb are like the non smoking ban (uk) a fuking waste of time
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6556|England
DAMM ITS COME BACK I AM GETTING PISSED OFF WITH IT

RESTRICTION: Losing Key Packets (B)ffff0001

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ
Krankit55
+0|6230
Gah, I really need help.  I downloaded the game onto my dad's computer, my computer can't for some reason support BF2142 loading up and goes: Black Screen -> crash, then straight to my desktop so I use my dad's computer.  I was playing fine then on Sunday, a few days ago, I started getting PB VIOLATION: LOOSING KEY PACKETS (B) ffff0001.  Just the night before (saturday) my friend started getting this error while we were playing.  Now, i have been getting this error EVERYTIME after about 1-2 minutes of joining a PB ENABLED server..  This gets V_E_R_Y frustrating.  I can only recall being able to play on a server for as long as I wished > pretty sure it was PB ENABLED.  I've tried disabling PNKBUSTER.A and still doesn't work.. gah, someone help
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6695|West Yorkshire, U.K
No cos i dont have 2142
String3R
+15|6241
Alot of us are having that problem, myself included no1 seems to no a fix, i got NS yesterday and still haven't been able to play it!
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6673|Sheerness, UK
There's been to many server and punkbuster problems with 2142, its a great game shame about EA & Punkbuster.
What we need is an official complaint email address for EA so we can give them some crap about this.
As I don't want my 2142 to end up being a coffee cup coaster.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6450|Brisbane, Australia

I'm not having any issues at all - played 3/4 full rounds in a row last night, usual lag but no disconnects.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Juggler
+0|6230
I have regretted buying this game since I read the license agreement that said they could monitor you and share you information with whoever they felt like, anywhere.

I mean, the idea of them reading my computer while I'm playing to try to profile me and advertise to me is phreaky!

But, I paid $60 for the game, and I've had problems getting reimbursed by game companies in the past.  When I called tech support they seemed to not understand my problem with the program.  More-over, I wanted to play it.  The game is very cool in many ways, and this computer doesn't have a lot of personal information on it.

So, foolishly, despite my misgivings, I installed it and started playing.  I found the game fairly fun.

NOW this PB problem is so annoying!

People can get around Punkbuster.  When searching for help about this problem, I found a website that's selling cheats that it claims PB can't detect.

There's lots of annoying ways for peopel to cheat.  They can stat buff, they can drop bombs on themselves and blow themselves up on FF=OFF servers.

I don't care about Punkbuster.  I hate cheaters as much as the next guy, but I just want to play the fricken game!  Without hassle!

I mean, how retarded is it that the game doesn't update it's self like many other games out there?  I have to go to their site, and find the proper patch from the list of downloads, download it, and then install it myself.  On top of that, no where did it explain that I needed to install the older patch first, I had to find that out on my own.

Now, Punkbuster is doing this!

This game is so annoying!  I just want to play!

Last edited by Juggler (2007-04-20 05:05:07)

Mosh
+2|6754

Buzerk1 wrote:

did that and i got kicked faster for the same reason.

wtf EA.. wtf
Barney_T_Dinosaur
Time to Die Kids!
+41|6671
*Rant Alert*

This really is going way to far, I've just read the FAQ on the punkbuster site, (might be worth a read) why the fuck do they need to have a service which takes up as much spare CPU power as necessary? its fucking ridiculous, part of their "new security process" which is constantly checking your PC.  What a Joke, and the worse thing is it wont do fuck all to catch cheaters, I remember when i used to play Americas Army a day after a new PB release there were 2 cheaters in the server I was in with aim bots, gg evenbalance, not only to you offer a substandard service, monopolise the anti cheat industry by being the only one but now you are also putting un needed stress on all your clients machines, gratz, I hope that you offer a replacement service when peoples chips start frying. Assholes.

That feels better, stuff like this just winds me up, I don't want anymore pressure on my CPU than it needs to run the game, if say the new service ran and took up as little spare power as possible then great that's fine, GAH!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6748

I have not been kicked by PB as of lately. I just seem to experience the 'e' button of death in NS.
Krankit55
+0|6230
punkbuster sucks!  Ever since I stoped PnkbstA,  my (B) ffff0001 losing key packets has now changed to (A) ffff0001 losing key packets.  THIS IS REDICULOUS!  !@#$ punkbuster it SUCKS BIG BALLS!
Juggler
+0|6230
This is the most retarded thing ever!  I can't play Battlefield 2142!

I've been to several forums, read them, tried all the ****ing **** they recommended, and I still can't get this to work!  For one thing, I don't understand half of what they're telling me to do!

We shouldn't have to have a degree in computer programing to make your game work.

EA, I regret ever buying your stupid game!  I hate your company now.

I boycotted games with STARFORCE because I couldn't play those games without the internet.  Now I have the internet, but I guess now I'll have to start boycotting EA titles because of PunkBuster.

(And I WAS looking forward to playing SPORE. )

I'm sick and tired of companies trying so hard to screw the hackers, that they screw the non-hackers.

When hackers have less problems running games then the people who actually pay for them, I'd say that's bad business!

Your giving us two choices:  Hack the game to make it work, or don't play it.

Goodbye and Good Riddens EA!

Last edited by Juggler (2007-04-20 05:07:17)

Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6586|federal way washington
is this mostly in 2142 cause never happen to me in bf2

WHAT GOT ME yesterday was to have had the best game in ages only to have the network freeze in the game, now i exited right to the server but the game suddenly had network probs, was i being nudged out cause i made hoste look bad?
Leonnoe1
+2|6736

That's the 1942 page. You need the 2142 page.

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=s … bf2142.php
Buzerk1
+44|6847

Leonnoe1 wrote:

That's the 1942 page. You need the 2142 page.

http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=s … bf2142.php
Oupss... mad bad... sorry

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard