They should be allowed freely in the US. (2nd amm.)28%28% - 51
They should be controlled.(registered)31%31% - 56
They should be controlled like automatic weapons are.12%12% - 23
They should be banned.11%11% - 20
I don't give a shit, I don't live there.15%15% - 27
Total: 177
Smitty5613
+46|6496|Middle of nowhere, California
What is your opinion about owning weapons in the US?
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6426|the guy in the hind on gator
hasn't this already been done?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
like three times today?
Smitty5613
no as a poll
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6426|the guy in the hind on gator
about right
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

Leave it the way it is now. But I want suppliers to be able to import/make automatic for the open market again, just make buyers go through background checks.

Yeah, I know this aint gonna fly, but I don't want to pay $20,000 for an M16.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Yeah, I know this aint gonna fly, but I don't want to pay $20,000 for an M16.
Enlist.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Kmarion wrote:

Enlist.
Welcome to the suck!
Smithereener
+138|6286|California
2nd Amendment was first put as an Amendment in the Bill of Rights in order to be able to defend and organize militias easily in case of another invasion from other countries (back then it was Britain). So I say yes to allowing guns to be purchased, but with some degree of control, like registration. It may not do much, but at least it will prevent some psychopathic people from obtaining a weapon. You can't really deny that even a hunting rifle can seriously hurt another person.

That said, it'll be virtually impossible to make guns illegal in the US. Amendments are difficult to make, but even more difficult to repeal or change. Why do you think that the 18th Amendment (Nationwide Prohibition on Alcohol) was repealed by another Amendment (21st) instead of being changed itself?
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

I think they should be banned, but since that's never going to happen, I think they should have very, very tight control.
I am sick of the "2nd Amendment" argument - Amendments can be added and removed.
Just get the strictest gun control you can possibly get, that way you don't have morons shooting them off. Waiting an additional couple of days is hardly a burden when getting a gun, is it?

-konfusion
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

konfusion wrote:

I think they should be banned, but since that's never going to happen, I think they should have very, very tight control.
I am sick of the "2nd Amendment" argument - Amendments can be added and removed.
Just get the strictest gun control you can possibly get, that way you don't have morons shooting them off. Waiting an additional couple of days is hardly a burden when getting a gun, is it?

-konfusion
Oh, let's just strip all of them, since they can be removed. After all, "it's just a goddamned piece of paper."

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-18 02:54:38)

Smitty5613

konfusion wrote:

-konfusion
this is coming from a guy named "konfusion"....
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
more regulation.

when i bought my tactical shotgun is was a simple matter of walking in, paying $350, showing my license, a few minutes of paper work and i had a firearm that can do some serious damage.
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6308|EsSeX
I voted dont give a sh!t

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

konfusion wrote:

-konfusion
Oh, let's just strip all of them, since they can be removed. After all, "it's just a goddamned piece of paper."
yeah dont update it and just use the guns from that time

https://www.libertybellmuseum.com/MuseumShop/images/1210.jpg
Smitty5613

elstonieo wrote:

I voted dont give a sh!t

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

konfusion wrote:

-konfusion
yeah dont update it and just use the guns from that time

http://www.libertybellmuseum.com/Museum … s/1210.jpg
the ammendment didnt say what guns are allowed... if ur gonna say that, then we might as well say that the 1st ammendment (freedom of speech) requires you to talk with the accent of that time... Thee shall speek likest this...
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
Just make the gun laws more like Canada's...

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa030500c.htm
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6308|EsSeX

Smitty5613 wrote:

Thee shall speek likest this...
Got to any village pub in suffork bound to be one person there that speaks like that
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6518|San Diego, CA, USA

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

hasn't this already been done?
Yep
BVC
+325|6665
Out of curiosity, are there calibre restrictions for guns in the US?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Smitty5613 wrote:

no as a poll
The common mind of bf2s has already processed this information.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6672|Little Rock, Arkansas

Pubic wrote:

Out of curiosity, are there calibre restrictions for guns in the US?
Nothing larger than .50 caliber. Any larger that that is not considered a "sporting" caliber. Not that there are weapons available that fire a larger round.... it's kind of pointless in a rifle.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

LT.Victim wrote:

Just make the gun laws more like Canada's...

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa030500c.htm
Sorry, they don't work. I pay big time to get my guns registered, fill out forms, blah blah blah and most criminals get guns from the black market. No real effect in crime stats.

However, gun control in Canada costs the Government $200.00 per person per year in administration costs while at the same time the Government spends $ 20.00 per person per year on cancer research. What a joke.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6616|Peoria
Hey, anyone on here who owns a gun, I'm turning 21 next year and I wanna get a firearm, my neighborhood is not very safe and I'm gonna be here another 2 years minimum. What I wanna know is

A) Whats the process for getting a Firearms License.
B) I've never shot a gun before, whats a good place to go practice.
C) Whats a good first gun?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary

Elamdri wrote:

Hey, anyone on here who owns a gun, I'm turning 21 next year and I wanna get a firearm, my neighborhood is not very safe and I'm gonna be here another 2 years minimum. What I wanna know is

Where do you live that you need a gun?
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6616|Peoria

Superslim wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Where do you live that you need a gun?
I don't need a gun, I'd like a gun. I live right on the edge of the bad part of Peoria. There's a mugging here about once a month at least.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard