M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6229|Escea

I'm sure i've read somewhere that more people are killed by cars and blunt objects than guns
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6533|London (At Heart)

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

If there is one thing I have learned about most Americans, it is that when it comes to guns they are stubborn, and even stating proven facts and figures will not get them to admit that tighter gun controls WORK.

We are all flogging a dead horse.
OFE
You pretty much have that right. No one is going to change our minds. I lol, thinking that any one thinks they will actually change our American ideas about our freedoms'.
What about the freedom of one of the many people that were killed by a gun in your country this year?
topal63
. . .
+533|6725

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'm sure i've read somewhere that more people are killed by cars and blunt objects than guns
US +/- (ten year averaged to nearest 1,000 or 10,000):
400,000 +/- annual Tobacco related deaths
115,000 +/- annual Alcohol related deaths
110,000 +/- annual Pharmaceutical Drug deaths
40,000  +/- annual Car accident Fatalities
19,000  +/- annual Illegal drug deaths
15,000  +/- annual murders (US, in about 50% a gun was used).

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-17 10:24:35)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

KILLSWITCH wrote:

If there is one thing I have learned about most Americans, it is that when it comes to guns they are stubborn, and even stating proven facts and figures will not get them to admit that tighter gun controls WORK.

You are correct, we hold our freedoms close to our heart.

Again, lets play stats.

United States National Safety Council wrote:

Assault Firearm discharge odds 1 of 1,196,983

Drowning and submersion while in or falling into bath-tub odds 1 of 807,349
Do we ban bathing?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bubbass
humble
+61|6575
God Bless the USA

https://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1411/wtf2as2.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

Cougar wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Ohh give me a break.  It's a lot easier to smuggle anything into the U.S., thats due to bad border security, not gun control.  Drugs are illegal, but people still go to jail for using and selling and that shit has no problem making it over the border, but I guess guns would have.
Well thanks for bringing up another thing the US should maybe think about doing. Stop pissing about with the rest of the world and sort out its own problems like border security.
I'm sorry, but the last time I checked your country was right there along side of us, pissing with the rest of the world.  Also, I don't see how you can criticize our country for having poor border control when you live on an island.  Everything has to come in through a port which is easily checked. America on the other hand, has the longest unprotected border in the world (Canada), and a severely undermanned border patrol force covering Mexico, another extremely large mostly unprotected border.  Not to mention we have an unfriendly neighbor 90 miles off the coast of Florida that is a hub for illegal substances and provides little to no help combating the traffic of illegal drugs.
lol... "everything has to come through a port" WTF do you think the UK is surrounded with cliffs and every beach is like the D-day defences? Smuggling into any harbour or berth would be INCREDIBLY easy in southern England.

As to following you around, yes Blair is a twat you are correct. Any more questions?

As to Cuba, its only an enemy because they are "commies" and America went through that stage of pissing off every communist country in the world while ignoring all the fascist dictatorships, if memory serves it was called the Cold War. What should of been a stand off between just the US and Russia.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6557|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Cougar wrote:

The type of people who do shit like this don't care about gun laws.  Having legal firearms sales just makes it easier to track where the gun came from and who bought it once a crime has been committed.
So would you condone making heroin legal?  I mean the people who do it don't care about the law anyway so you might as well.  hey why not make murder legal too as murders don't care about the law either.

The point is, when things are legal they become "morally acceptable" in most peoples minds meaning more people do it.  Of course making things illegal doesn't stop every incident but then if you thought that way you'd have no laws at all.

We have had some shootinga in London recently and you could say that those guys had guns despite the restrictions in the UK but the difference is this; those guys are wannabe gangstas who think guns are "cool" and using the makes them hard so they need to source one on the black market to go with their supposed social status.  The guy who did was simply a nutcase who had easy access to a gun and I think if it was reasonably hard to get one in the USA, the worst that would have happened would have been a few stabbings.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

*sigh* I can't see why you are defending guns, what practical use do they honestly have?
PureFodder
+225|6292

Vilham wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Well thanks for bringing up another thing the US should maybe think about doing. Stop pissing about with the rest of the world and sort out its own problems like border security.
I'm sorry, but the last time I checked your country was right there along side of us, pissing with the rest of the world.  Also, I don't see how you can criticize our country for having poor border control when you live on an island.  Everything has to come in through a port which is easily checked. America on the other hand, has the longest unprotected border in the world (Canada), and a severely undermanned border patrol force covering Mexico, another extremely large mostly unprotected border.  Not to mention we have an unfriendly neighbor 90 miles off the coast of Florida that is a hub for illegal substances and provides little to no help combating the traffic of illegal drugs.
lol... "everything has to come through a port" WTF do you think the UK is surrounded with cliffs and every beach is like the D-day defences? Smuggling into any harbour or berth would be INCREDIBLY easy in southern England.

As to following you around, yes Blair is a twat you are correct. Any more questions?

As to Cuba, its only an enemy because they are "commies" and America went through that stage of pissing off every communist country in the world while ignoring all the fascist dictatorships, if memory serves it was called the Cold War. What should of been a stand off between just the US and Russia.
Illegal guns don't come from outside of America, they get stolen off legal gun owners and from shops. That is why legal gun ownership results in a massive amount of guns on the black market and why making guns illegal cuts of the vast majority of the supply to the black market. It has nothing to do with borders.
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.

Shem wrote:

*sigh* I can't see why you are defending guns, what practical use do they honestly have?
Sport
Outdoor hobby
Hunting
Defence

Probably more.

The first three are why i'm going to America next year to decide if i fancy moving. As well as other things.
Shem
sɥǝɯ

jord wrote:

Shem wrote:

Sport
Outdoor hobby
Hunting
Defence

Probably more.

The first three are why i'm going to America next year to decide if i fancy moving. As well as other things.
Yes because it's fun to kill living things...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

PureFodder wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Illegal guns don't come from outside of America, they get stolen off legal gun owners and from shops. That is why legal gun ownership results in a massive amount of guns on the black market and why making guns illegal cuts of the vast majority of the supply to the black market. It has nothing to do with borders.
I know that, cougar doesnt seem to though.
PureFodder
+225|6292

M.O.A.B wrote:

But how many times did you get to work and bsck on a gun?
Cars are kill more people but come with vastly larger possitive benefits.
Without guns you can't collect them (boo hoo, clollect stamps instead). It's not as easy to fire them at a range, but if you really want you can join a sporting rifle/pistol club. You can pretend that is keeps you safe despite actually making your counrtry more dangerous.
jord

Shem wrote:

jord wrote:

Shem wrote:

Sport
Outdoor hobby
Hunting
Defence

Probably more.

Yes because it's fun to kill living things...
Differant people like differant things.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

well since this thread was about the identity heres a pic of him :
https://216.77.188.54/editorial/images/7/5160107/main-b78e5e46-d6ae-48d7-85b7-1357a12eb417.jpeg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker

PureFodder wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Without guns you can't collect them (boo hoo, clollect stamps instead). It's not as easy to fire them at a range, but if you really want you can join a sporting rifle/pistol club. You can pretend that is keeps you safe despite actually making your counrtry more dangerous.
Ok, I'll let you tell the countless law abiding citizens who have defended themselves with guns that they should've just taken the mugging or robbery on the chin.    The police only function as the mop up crew.  If you're calling 911, it's already too late.  You're telling me that even though the criminals have weapons I don't have the right to an equalizer?  You're nuts.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas

Vilham wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Which is why I've said at least 15 times that 80%.........sigh.  Nevermind.  It's pointless debating with you because you obviously don't fucking read anything I post.

Have fun in Britain.  I'll have fun here.
PureFodder
+225|6292

Kmarion wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

You are correct, we hold our freedoms close to our heart.

Again, lets play stats.

United States National Safety Council wrote:

Assault Firearm discharge odds 1 of 1,196,983

Drowning and submersion while in or falling into bath-tub odds 1 of 807,349
Do we ban bathing?
Stupid comparison.

Hows about you add all firearms to that list rather than just assault weapons. Or we could compare how many people were killed by assault weapons to how many people were killed by Ariston Heavy Gauge 1700 x 700 Steel Baths. Suddenly the statistics favour the baths.

How many times and for how long does the average person positively use a bath on an average day compared to how long they use an assault weapon. If you used your assault weapons as often as you used your bath youd either be very dangerous to be around or have a cloud of festering body odour following you around.

What are the disadvantages to not having a bath compaired to not having assault weapons? loosing baths would loose alot of personal hygiene, loosing assault weapons would loose.......... actually as criminals now cannot steal the assault rifles from people, there's a real benefit to not having them in the first place.
PureFodder
+225|6292

Stingray24 wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ok, I'll let you tell the countless law abiding citizens who have defended themselves with guns that they should've just taken the mugging or robbery on the chin.    The police only function as the mop up crew.  If you're calling 911, it's already too late.  You're telling me that even though the criminals have weapons I don't have the right to an equalizer?  You're nuts.
As they get the weapons from you in the first place then after a few years, then the criminals will have lost the supply of guns so the numbers of armed criminals wil keep dropping and dropping and dropping...... Eventually you'll get to the state that most of western Europe is in, few guns, few gun crimes.
PekkaA
+36|6671|Finland

Kmarion wrote:

Odds of getting killed by a firearm in America 0.0279271 per 1,000 people. Worth giving up your freedoms?
You have pretty twisted idea of freedom. I just don't understand how owning firearms makes someone "free".
PureFodder
+225|6292

Cougar wrote:

Vilham wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Which is why I've said at least 15 times that 80%.........sigh.  Nevermind.  It's pointless debating with you because you obviously don't fucking read anything I post.

Have fun in Britain.  I'll have fun here.
You say 80% of criminals get guns illegally. The illegal methods of getting guns are typically to steal them off people who legally own them or to buy them off someone who stole them off someone who legally owen them. Making guns illegal will dramatically reduce the supply of guns getting to the black market.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6557|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

jord wrote:

Shem wrote:

Sport
Outdoor hobby
Hunting
Defence

Probably more.

Couldn't a paedophile (or "pedo-file" in bastardiZed English) describe the reasons he does what he does as the first three of that list too?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

PekkaA wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Odds of getting killed by a firearm in America 0.0279271 per 1,000 people. Worth giving up your freedoms?
You have pretty twisted idea of freedom. I just don't understand how owning firearms makes someone "free".
Are knives legal in England?  I see a decent amount of stabbings in the news once and a while.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6764|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Are knives legal in England?  I see a decent amount of stabbings in the news once and a while.
Can you kill +30 people with a knife in a couple of minutes?
jord

usmarine2005 wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You can carry a 3inch blade around. It's got to a folding blade, no fixed ones.

You can have whatever at home though, knife wise.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard