BulettRiddled
+7|6528
Anyone know anything about stop errors. last night when exiting from 2142 I got a stop error 0x000000D1. I googled it and it says something about a logitec mouse. I dont have a logitec mouse so I dont know what could be causing the error. Is there a program I can dl to check and make sure its not memory or anything else and or check compatability?

The only thing i can think of is that I just installed a new sound card about a week ago. Its a creative x-fi pro fatality. everything has worked fine until last night. I'm not sure what kind of MB i have but my comp is a dell xps intel 3.4gh, nvidia graphics 6800 gto, 1mb ram. microsoft mouse (5 button) and standard keyboard.

HELP!!! PLEASE!
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6224
sounds like a memory problem,try adding another 1 gb
BulettRiddled
+7|6528
Why would it start doing that all of a sudden?
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6502|gulf of oman
the drivers for that sound card suck. i get similar stop errors, but mine tell me my aspi layer is bad.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

davidonbf2 wrote:

sounds like a memory problem,try adding another 1 gb
if it were a memory problem, adding memory would not help. Typically running low on memory won't result in a blue screen.

If you keep you getting different blue screens then it could be BAD memory.

EDIT: I'm assuming this is a blue screen.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-04-16 19:26:29)

462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6686
0x000000D1 indicates a hardware/driver problem.  What drivers did you use for the X-fi (stock or Microsoft)?  Did you check Windows Update or even Creative Labs' site for a driver update or perhaps you recently installed a new one?

If you did install an updated driver, try the Roll Back Driver option in Device Manager.

Last edited by 462nd NSP653 (2007-04-16 19:28:16)

BulettRiddled
+7|6528
I just used whatever drivers came on the disk. And it is a blue stop error screen.  You think i should check for more current drivers for the sound card?
Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
update the drivers to the newest (from creative) and next time it happens, see if it mentions a file name lower down the screen, as well as the stopcode.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6644|Deep In The South Of Texas
I have the Fatal1ty Pro and use the drivers from the website, never had any problem.

To be sure you get a clean install of the new drivers, uninstall the old ones, reboot into Safe Mode, run Driver Cleaner Pro, reboot normally and install new drivers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard