Ironsteed
Fuck Shoes
+18|6469|North of Dallas
I am a team player.  I love playing this game FTW.  I was always proud of my positive W/L ratio, until a string of bad luck sent it from 1.3 to .93.  I also love playing for awards.  But I am very good in armor and will use it to cap flags and help my team advance on positions, lay down covering fire, etc.  I am always either commander, squad leader, or member, and always on voice chat talking to my teammates.  Intelligence info. is the key to winning at BF2.  You wont live very long once an enemy has you on radar.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

goddamn, why must every single thread devolve into
sniper vs. the world?

i'm useful to my team when i'm not working on some shiny jpg.
ssonrats
+221|6643

burni$te wrote:

medic vs. the world?

I edited it for you, i think it's more accurate now.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6529|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I AM a team on my own. I make a squad but I dont care who joins, because I only trust myself and not 4 other Medic whores
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6313|Newcastle UK

ssonrats wrote:

burni$te wrote:

medic vs. the world?

I edited it for you, i think it's more accurate now.
rats snipers suck and when are you going to relise it, sure you can kill from long distance but its the medic that caps flags with the supports and then saves your team tickets by reviving. A medic can heal so he enters a fight like he just spawned when a sniper will go hide to save his rifle kdr.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6583|Seattle

ssonrats wrote:

You can bullshit talk all you want, i have done it many times, medics pose no threat to any skilled sniper, especially if the sniper has good cover and decent range.
Ok, for the 10th(?) time, the reality is that snipers pose no real threat to skilled medics (remember? infinite health?). and for that reason snipers often get left alone by medics that are busy playing the game. But that doesnt mean snipers dont get raped any time medics decide to hunt them down.

Why not just admit that you snipe because you like it but that it isn't the most useful way to play?

ssonrats wrote:

Plus often you will get nailed moving from flag to flag by a sniper and you won't know where the shot came from because he's hiding.
And then get revived? Do you notice the way you fail to ever make a point, yet keep arguing?
ssonrats
+221|6643
Ok, 3 snipers vs 3 medics. 100m away, all snipers fire and deliberatly aim for the body so they're gonna hit 90% of the time at least, then you all get finished off with the pistol with ease.

Plus you have a biased arguement, how about you're pubbing on your own, not in your little 3 way orgy, i think i can take you out mate with ease.
BlackKoala
+215|6323
Everyone be careful, because the snipers get support guys behind them to spam their nades and precious gheymores.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys

ssonrats wrote:

Ok, 3 snipers vs 3 medics. 100m away, all snipers lay down their claymores like little faggots and run away, and get lit the fuck up from behind, then the 3 medics get blown up by the fire and forget noob ass claymores
Fixed it for you.

Last edited by .:ronin:.|Patton (2007-04-16 10:05:58)

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys

Masterstyle wrote:

Nyte wrote:

I for one pretty much AM the team when I play.
There is no I in TEAM
there is a ME though =/
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
ssonrats
+221|6643
Hey, stops you getting the flag doesn't it, which in turn helps the team.

Anyway, i have around 1500 claymore kills which is just a fraction compared to the kit.
RocketRobinHood
+2|6316
medic whore FTW
Marinejuana
local
+415|6583|Seattle

ssonrats wrote:

Ok, 3 snipers vs 3 medics. 100m away, all snipers fire and deliberatly aim for the body so they're gonna hit 90% of the time at least, then you all get finished off with the pistol with ease.
ok rat, but think it through, even if u land your synchronous body shots, u kill one, hes revived with full health, and so on. the fact is that medics can drain health at a much higher rate than snipers unless the snipers have some luck and kill all the medics before the medics have a chance to click on one of the motionless targets that are feet away. and groups of medics literally become invincible to snipers when they use cover to revive, which medics do all the time. so as much as u may like it, you arent much of a threat playing sniper.

ssonrats wrote:

Plus you have a biased arguement, how about you're pubbing on your own, not in your little 3 way orgy, i think i can take you out mate with ease.
u probably wouldnt find me playing alone on a server mindlessly charging you from far away the way you would want, i am usually playing with teammates helping to win. But lets 1v1 to ten kills, we'll do karkand with commanders (so you dont waste a half an hour of my time retreating and hiding at your back uncap, trying to lead me through claymores).
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6668|Everett, WA, US
I think I'm one of the more selfless players.  On maps with transport choppers, I'll be squad leader and keep a spawn point waaaay the hell up over a flag, then move on to the next.
ssonrats
+221|6643

Marinejuana wrote:

u probably wouldnt find me playing alone on a server mindlessly charging you from far away the way you would want, i am usually playing with teammates helping to win. But lets 1v1 to ten kills, we'll do karkand with commanders (so you dont waste a half an hour of my time retreating and hiding at your back uncap, trying to lead me through claymores).
Ok lets go on dragon valley 400m away and you can roger rabbit your way toward me ROFL.

If you wanna play me join me on a server.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6313|Newcastle UK
ok it will work, we just bunny hop holding med packs and throwing them, if we die we have 2 people to revive us.
ssonrats
+221|6643

OakLeaves wrote:

ok it will work, we just bunny hop holding med packs and throwing them, if we die we have 2 people to revive us.
Learn to read, he was referring to a 1v1.

Last edited by ssonrats (2007-04-16 11:03:18)

C0vert_F0x|1.
+5|6352
I only ever use my claymores to watch my back.......and i never ever spamm them anywere i dont play like that.......and medics is for nubs so....play a kit that takes some skill to use..thx im done.
RiceKrispie
+27|6386|Ottawa, ON

ssonrats wrote:

Yes, and now we have you pinned reviving eachother, that's 3 medics that aren't capping flags, thus helping the team..
Yeah, sorry no. I rush Karkand east flank alone against multiple snipers on a regular basis. How exactly do you plan on pinning me when all I have to do is drop behind a tree block and throw packs? How you do plan on killing me when I'm weaving back and forth and bouncing through the air with medpacks no more than 5 feet infront of me at all times? Same tactic applies anywhere on any map. You'd better either have 2 incredibly good SVD snipers, or start running. Bolt-actions are great, but as soon as you need to fight someone with reasonable evasive abilities you're in trouble.

ssonrats wrote:

Plus often you will get nailed moving from flag to flag by a sniper and you won't know where the shot came from because he's hiding.
So what are you going to do? Hit me with a body shot? I'll be back at full health before you can reload. Even if you're firing a semi-auto rifle, have fun tracking me after I hear the first shot hit.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6499|Valley of the Dragons

Marinejuana wrote:

Jemme101 wrote:

Long range eh ... you can aim with that pathetic weapon and hit me when I am out at 300+ meters? You cannt even see beyond 250 meters with any of them.
And what would be the purpose of fighting you at 300 meters when most flags are a tiny fraction of that distance apart? ... bla bla ... Medic ... bla bla ... rant ... bla bla ... e-penis ... bla bla ... noobs ... bla bla ... I am the 1337 ... bla bla ... more Medic crap ...
A tiny fraction ... lol you are a noob that never gets out on the big, outdoor maps. Thanks for proving that point clueless My personal favorite map D.V. has at least 200 meters between CP's. Thats measured in a direct line which you can never take in that map. You cannt stay out of my view and its kinda hard ignoring me when I bury that .308 in your spine.

I think I am gonna add to my signature a very fitting line:

Assumption is the mother of all fuck up's!

... but by all means keep doing it, because I love easy kills like you

EDIT: Oh and before I forget, Oakleaves this is for you ...

Cluepon

Last edited by Jemme101 (2007-04-16 12:45:42)

TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6592|Las Vegas, NV USA
OMFG!

About a third of the total playing time that I have is playing a sniper, but I'm gonna refuse to get into a sniper vs. whatever debate.

Why?

Because the remaining two-thirds of the time I've played something other than sniper, and I know the importance of the other kits.

This much I will argue:

Every kit can contribute to teamplay, or prove it's retarded use.

Here are just a few examples of stupidity at it's finest:

1.  I've seen snipers sit on vacant enemy flags, and doing nothing but hoping someone eventually shows up.

2.  I've seen medics hop all over each other without killing the threat until they arrive at a flag... only to be blown up with C4 from the threat that gunned them down, or blew them up with a couple well placed grenades previously (personal favorite of mine).

3.  I've seen support guys completely ignore ammo requests right next to them, spam down ammo on a already friendly flag so that the enemy will have fresh ammunition when he takes it (even worse when medics do it with heal packs), and then fire rounds on the damn-near indestructable attack chopper to get it's attention.

4.  I've seen engineers place AT mines where they'll kill friendlies, and ignore commander or vehicle request to repair assets as they swarm over the armor.

5.  I've seen AT run out in the open, fire a rocket at an approaching tank sitting next to a supply box (before taking out the supply box), and then get gunned down by said tank or tank's fellow infantry on the ground around him.

6.  I've seen spec-ops blown themselves up, and other teammates, with C4 about as often as the enemy, or completely ignore a commander's request to blow up the enemies' assets.

7.  I've seen assault fire grenade lauchers at close range to not only kill the enemy, but injure or kill themselves (or teammates) in the process.  I've also seen them fire said GL at a MBT in the hope of hurting it, instead of thinking to use smoke or flash grenades to limit it's deadliness.

8.  I've seen armor completely ignore "enemy armor spotted" or "enemy APC spotted" intel in favor of waiting outside of a enemy flag to rack up as many kills as possible until said armor or APC arrive to join the fight.

9.  I've seen jets completely ignore enemy choppers and aircraft decimating their own ground forces in favor of dropping bombs on enemy ground targets to rack up points, then immediately return to the airfield to rearm, and rinse-repeat.

Geez...  Need I go on?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
lol jemme, rustig aan man. natuurlijk win je op DV als jij ergens op een berg ligt, maar dat bedoelde die niet
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

TrueArchon wrote:

9.  I've seen jets completely ignore enemy choppers and aircraft decimating their own ground forces in favor of dropping bombs on enemy ground targets to rack up points, then immediately return to the airfield to rearm, and rinse-repeat.
The best is when the other team loses all the flags, but the jets are too busy carrier raping the two people that keep spawning there to notice.
Chillin&killin
+27|6673|Manchester,England
All i will say is kit effciency is not decided by the kit itself, but by the person playing it.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6499|Valley of the Dragons
lol sarge, rustig aan man. natuurlijk win je op Wake als jij ergens in een J10 vliegt, maar dat bedoelde die niet

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard