dirtyepics
+19|6725|England
I'm a medic most of the time right, so I know what I'm talking about here. Why do people bring you back only to be killed straight away, happened to me alot the other night. I DON'T UNDERSTAND?!
madsmao
+0|6786|Copenhagen, Denmark
Easy points and no understanding of team-play. That's all.
Rick_Biessman
+4|6770|Germany
*gähn* It's that old that complain.
But doesn't matter, I feel with you. It's more annoying when you die and wonder:
"Hm, okay, then lets spawn at flag XY and defend it, since my squad mates need help."
And in the last second, you get revived and have to go half a mile by foot to the next hot spot.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6763|AUS, Canberra
i dont have a prob with it, for starters if you end up dying anyway its still only 1 death so id rather they atleast tried, and its easier to kill the enemy with 2 people alive instead of 1
TsinTzU
+10|6738|holland
Could be my english is not what it used to be but,
....what is your question again?
....what don't you understand?
dirtyepics
+19|6725|England
I do understand but I don't if you know what I mean....you've got your headphones on and all you can hear is fucking APC's pounding the shit out of everything and you die and it's peaceful and you think cool, I'll get a bit of a break and spawn somewhere where I can do something fruitful.

I get the point about two being better than one but how often do you get revived in an impossible situation, how many times have you been sitting in an apc thinking go on revive him then I get two kills, thats all I'm sayin.

Here's an idea maybe they could bring something in where you could drag the fallen comrade into a sheltered area before reviving him and maybe get hero points or something dunno?! )
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6769|Scotland!!!

dirtyepics wrote:

Here's an idea maybe they could bring something in where you could drag the fallen comrade into a sheltered area before reviving him and maybe get hero points or something dunno?! )
, but i love that idea!!! lol, would be very kool but i dont think its ever gona happen
Angel.C-sq
+24|6681|Computer Chair

dirtyepics wrote:

LOL, Im going to throw enemy bodies in the water
dirtyepics
+19|6725|England

SAS-Lynx wrote:

dirtyepics wrote:

, but i love that idea!!! lol, would be very kool but i dont think its ever gona happen
How could we get EA to have a look at that idea......I know you're always watching admin what do you think?

BTW great site...

Last edited by dirtyepics (2006-01-17 04:50:18)

SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6769|Scotland!!!

dirtyepics wrote:

How could we get EA to have a look at that idea
if ur serious (i still dont think it will go far but....)  post in the EA forums for bf2
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6736|Malaga, España
myself, i first kill the bloody bastards that killed my mater then i revive him not otherwise coz thats my own ass thats get blown away
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6727|In a van down by the river
hero points... yeah that's what the medics need, another way to get points.  They already have multiple ways to get points.  Revive, heal, kill, kill damage assist, flag cap, flag defend, flag capture assist.  They don't need any more ways to get points.  They have more ways of getting points than any other kit.  Why add another way to get points?
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6769|Scotland!!!
i wouldnt like the kit to get more points, would just be a kool feature to see, from the sniper scope you see the enemys wounded body being dragged into a ally lol, would be kool,  but thats just my oppinion
dan500
+57|6840
I love medics lile that.. Ill always be standing there with my gun ready to kill you again, only for the medic to revive you again, then ill kill the medic, only after i kill you for about the 3rd time
Cpl_5811
+0|6709
That is the point of the medic...to heal and revive.  Now I understand that they should attempt to take out the threat before, i say again before, reviving players just to have them killed again.  Some actually do this and I do not have a problem with it, but as a player that uses medic alot, I hate to be revived into another bullet to die again.  I think that the medics that do this should be tied to the front of any vehicle and used as a shield to catch all of the bullets meant for the driver and when they die, revive them again.  Let them taste their own damn medicine.   Maybe, they might catch on.
dirtyepics
+19|6725|England

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

hero points... yeah that's what the medics need, another way to get points.  They already have multiple ways to get points.  Revive, heal, kill, kill damage assist, flag cap, flag defend, flag capture assist.  They don't need any more ways to get points.  They have more ways of getting points than any other kit.  Why add another way to get points?
What if all kits got hero points for dragging a crew member away from harm?!
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6727|In a van down by the river
People would have too much grim fun with the ability to drag dead bodies around.  You know what I mean...
AdamEcks
+1|6695|Canada, Eh.
Wouldn't the simplest (although not the coolest) solution be to have a key you can tap out with such as space bar. You get critically wounded and instead of waiting for 15 seconds to get revived you just tap space bar, now your dead and can respawn after your 15 seconds. I've seen this is other FPS games and I liked it, it gave the player the choice.

However, from a medic point of view it's absolutely terrible. You go sprinting across a street to save a guy just for him to tap 1 second before you revive. I think it's best left the way it is now.
thinner44
+1|6802
Medics, it's better to have tried and failed, than not to try. If I play medic (rarely), I always look around to see what killed my TM, if the danger has gone or I've shot him, I'll revive. If it's a sitting APC/tank... stuff it.

I like the idea of 'scoop and run' though. That's what the old Ambulance service used to do in the UK ....gawd, they were the days

Last edited by thinner44 (2006-01-17 09:59:20)

dirtyepics
+19|6725|England

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

People would have too much grim fun with the ability to drag dead bodies around.  You know what I mean...
Don't take this the wrong way but its kinda ironic that you should point that out with you having that tag n'all!! )
Bernadictus
+1,055|6730

I had the same thing today. Some guy kept reviving me when I was under fire.
Generally it sucks.
But there are some medics that understand that they should kill the agressor first and then revive the person that has been shot.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6672

SAS-Lynx wrote:

dirtyepics wrote:

Castle Wolfenstein ET has that ability with the medic . It rockenz .

Man i wish the defibulators were much faster upon reload/warming up err what ever . The animations are simply too long and feel cludgy . And I don't care for the unlock for the medic . Great it has a scope ! now you can see clearly how inaccurate the POS is lol . This gun it meant to fire semi auto only . I can bump fire an AK more accurately then this thing when I'm prone . Don't know what bump firing is ? here's a video of bump firing a semi-automatic AK-47 . http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/bump.htm
I roughly into about 3000-4000 rounds of bumping . Hell I even bumpbed a fully loaded Dragunov lol .
Flasheart88
+0|6752|Brisbane
Bah, whiners - you don't get two deaths, so at the worst, it's a little annoying to be revived then be critically wounded again, and at least the medic is risking his/her life in an attempt to get you going.  And let's be fair to the medic, quite often these soldiers who bitch about being revived in the middle of a firefight are still dutifully clicking the revive me button, instead of switching to the class selection screen.

As for the pick up option - I think that would be great: like in the Medal of Honour games, where you can pick up wounded people. It would be fun if any class could pick up a critically wounded person and carry them to a medic, and while carried, the death timer doesn't count down. As for getting points for it? I shudder at more more ways to farm points, and to be honest, should we really need a personal incentive to help a buddy out? I know I'm not that mercenary and I imagine most BF2 gamers are the same. Well, many at least.
Kiss_my_white_ass
Banned
+1|6668
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. THats pisses the guy off soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Its halarious. They do it becuz they want pnts...and what does it matter to the guy being revived. hes not losing pnts or adding deaths to his score so he can go bitch and moan somewhere else

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard