Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6328|105 RVK
that jet just has no chance of evading a AA without flares. I was playing Dalian and Gulf and a bomber just did a simple spin at 800 KM and evaded 3 of my AA's  while i go insane when i just hear the lock sound and make some hopeless dives but no matter what, if I dont have flares im dead meat.

I dont fly allot in 1.41 but USMC needs to get them F18 on carrier cause Dice cant balance this game for shit.

Yes I got owned bad.

But I did very gd with all the other jets so its not all bad.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.

I agree
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

how is that news? The F35 sucks badly. Its only use it to bring down total noobs or to use it as a fast transport
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6439|somewhere other then here

gene_pool wrote:

I agree
*sigh* same here
Megalomaniac
+92|6328|105 RVK

max wrote:

how is that news? The F35 sucks badly. Its only use it to bring down total noobs or to use it as a fast transport
not like the topic name was *BREAKING NEWS*
its a discuss topic.
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6625|Ghost Town
Jup I think so too. It's a missile magnet. Not that I'm good at flying (I suck at it but haven't practiced much) but compared to the all mighty J10 this plane's a bad joke.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
do you really think that patches have absolutely anything to do with the F-35's overall suckiness?

bah.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6337
its fine for me
just someitmes flairs dont work
RasorX
+17|6743|Indianapolis
While i'll admit other jets are EASIER to fly, the F-35 isn't totally useless.  You can't fly it like it was a MiG or J-10.  Adapt and overcome.
Megalomaniac
+92|6328|105 RVK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

do you really think that patches have absolutely anything to do with the F-35's overall suckiness?

bah.
well its chance of survival is more in 1.03 but i also noticed it gets hit more than other jets but its BETTER than on 1.41
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6469

It can't suck if Sarge can own with it!
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6537|Chicago

max wrote:

or to use it as a fast transport
Definetly. The best way to get to the back spawn points is by plane. Take off and go straight up, then flip, go straight down. Try to aim the nose of your plane at a congregation of infantry or a vehicle of some kind, then eject. Try not to get the plane stuck up your ass on the way down though.

Sure it pisses your other teammates off, but screw them.
']['error
Banned
+630|6644|The Netherlands

voodoosniper7 wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

I agree
*sigh* same here
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine
IMO , this jet had to have long range missiles ( like MiG-25 in PoE2 ) and things would be pretty much balanced .
J10 - CQC gun\short range missiles
F35 - long range missile engagements
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Fly up at like a 80-85 degree angle when you hear the lock. Switch to F12 and dive down to 5-10 degrees with full afterburner. If you feel worried even with this, do some roll lefts (or roll rights) for extra caution.

Congratulations, you just evaded Missile AA.

Works mosts times, remember to use afterburner as much as you can.

> Diagram coming.
> See below:

https://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t143/leetkyle/AAEVASION.png

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-04-15 06:31:46)

']['error
Banned

SargeV1.4 wrote:

bah.
pre-1.12 it was good, now every nooblet in AA/jet only has to lock and spam missiles! you can dodge 1 or 2 missiles with flares, but the rest always hits you. Sarge, i know your an very skilled aviator... but let's ne honest you can dodge missiles with any jet, except the F35...
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6527|Belgium

It's a nice plane for bombing/minigunning the ground and getting heli's down as it turns very easily. The only problem is the missiles of the enemy. Good timing on your flares can make the first wave pass by, but if he gets another lock on you you are most of the time dead.

However, if usmc has airfield on wake, I prefer a f35b over the f18 that spawns there. The same if those in the j10's prefer bombing instead of dogfighting, you can easily get high scores with the f35b

Besides from that, it's also a very fast transport. When the second lock gets on me, I sometimes just fly towards land and bail out. (if I'm not in the mood for dogfighting all day). It's the only plane I bail out actually
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6480|Somewhere else

I Agree, the F35b Sux serious nuts.   But, I have found a tactic that makes it not such a death trap.  I can actually survive a j10 fight, with marginal to good enemy pilots.

Once i take off I fly straight up to about 400-500 feet.  If you can identify a sure target under a UAV say, point straight down, ignore any lock-ons, and bomb your target, pull up and immkediately release flairs and bank away as you gain altitude, if it's AA you can survive, if it's a goo j-10 pilot, head for the carrier and bail to get the newly spawned f35, cause your's is doomed.

Now as for j-10s same thing, fly high as holy hell and stay up there keep making banking turns so you can see the ground below, that way, you cna also see enemy jets.

In my experience, 90% of enemy pilots never think to look too high for enemy planes.  So, once you see a j-10, know where your enemy AA could be and pursue the j-10 if it's safe.  stay in bomb mode to avoid revealing yourself with a lock on tone.

Most people know that joyful J-10 can out turn AA missiles.  From above him, lock-on and wait for flairs, once he throws flairs, switch back to bomb mode and continue to follow from a safer, higher altitude. When it's safe again come back behind him, at this point, if it's soon enough, there will be no flairs.

Once behind wait for him to bank one way, it must be a casual bank, not a tactical bank, because he will out bank you.  Click to your missiles, lock on and bank with him (he probably will turn away) and LEAD the jet by a good distance and fire at least !3! missiles, since the J-10 is a nimble flying tank (thanks EA) usually, 2 isn't even enough.

I usually lead the jet by the distance of the lock-on screen. you know, the point when if you turn to far away the lock tone stops.

This works a bit more than half the time.  It's nice seeing your name pop up owning a j-10 with the f35.

Now, one last thing. Know your enemy.  If the round is proving that your enemy j-10 is a pro, he'll check his rear view, never fly in a straight line. the works.  Either have a friend be in another f35 or stay the fuck away from him unless you even better.

This is just my experience but there you go.

EDIT: I'm sure the BF2s Aviator Wiki already covers this, but I thought i'd share.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-04-15 06:30:44)

']['error
Banned

leetkyle wrote:

Fly up at like a 80-85 degree angle when you hear the lock. Switch to F12 and dive down to 5-10 degrees with full afterburner. If you feel worried even with this, do some roll lefts (or roll rights) for extra caution.

Congratulations, you just evaded Missile AA.

Works mosts times, remember to use afterburner as much as you can.

> Diagram coming.
that doesn't work most of the time in an f35.... that thig is so fucking stupid! When an jet flies straight at you and you shoot missiles, the missiles dont hit, but if an f35 comes at you and you shoot missiles...they hit...
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6565|UK

leetkyle wrote:

> Diagram coming.
waits.....
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

the F35 feels realy aquard when you fly a J-10 for a day or so, the handling feels like you're flying a box
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Diagram is up ^ Works 90% of the time for me in an F-35, if evading AA missiles. J-10 missiles? no.

> The AA missiles will either continue to go straight up or will no longer follow you. They key is to get them as close as possible with enough space for afterburner+dive down.

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-04-15 06:33:52)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6469

leetkyle wrote:

Diagram is up ^ Works 90% of the time for me in an F-35, if evading AA missiles. J-10 missiles? no.

> The AA missiles will either continue to go straight up or will no longer follow you. They key is to get them as close as possible with enough space for afterburner+dive down.
How can you turn so fast?!
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
stef10
+173|6482|Denmark
I agree. You nearly have to have a degree in math and aerodynamics to avoid them.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Diagram is a bit off

Just afterburner and push your joystick (yes, joystick) to make your 'craft go down. My afterburner is a side button my joystick so it does require 2 hands. Easy to get used to though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard