Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6260|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
I'm kinda new to photoshop and I'm trying to make a sig.
I've cut out a character from one still using the lasso tool and removed any background. then pasted i onto another scene.
The problem is that there is a fine border around the charcter which is slightly lighter than the new background and it looks stupid. I don't really want to shave any more off the character because then I will start eating into the character himself.

Any ideas on a good tool to use to blend him in?
Let me know if you want the example, though I'd rather not show it (I want it to be a supirse! lol)
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6458|Melbourne - Home of Football
Use Feathering. Just let me remember how to do it.

Alright, draw a line on top of your slightly lighter area with your lasso tool. Make sure it's connected to where you started.

Then choose "Select > Feather" and depending on the width of the lighter area, choose your pixel raidus. If you've cut out your render quite well you'll probably only need a radius of one or two pixels. The press ok and it should look a lot more blended.

If this was too badly explained, just look up feathering tutorials on any respected Photoshop forum, hopefully they'll have diagrams

Last edited by <BoTM>J_Aero (2007-04-15 01:25:12)

Ninja_Kid2002
Where is that tool?

Thanks for the advice
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6383

Hmm, Ninja,
assuming that you're using Photoshop CS2 (or is there a newer one?), next time instead of lassoing just use the background cut out tool (looks like a rubber with scissors on top).  All you need is a fairly uniform background, and rather than getting an irregular shape your pic has a transparent background, while remaining rectangular.  It's good if you're getting renders off blank backgrounds.
Ninja_Kid2002

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

Use Feathering. Just let me remember how to do it.

Alright, draw a line on top of your slightly lighter area with your lasso tool. Make sure it's connected to where you started.

Then choose "Select > Feather" and depending on the width of the lighter area, choose your pixel raidus. If you've cut out your render quite well you'll probably only need a radius of one or two pixels. The press ok and it should look a lot more blended.

If this was too badly explained, just look up feathering tutorials on any respected Photoshop forum, hopefully they'll have diagrams
Awesome, that worked a treat. Have yourself +1 Karma. And don't spend it all at once.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard