manitobapaintballa
+32|6627

leesupport wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

LOL, kind of a dumb move on your part.  You are the reason you have to take a class in many counties before you can get a conceiled weapon permit.
um did you not read all of what he wrote?

the kid threatened him so he had every right to get ready to use his gun...isnt that the reason to carry a gun?
no they didn't threaten his life and your a fucking idiot to think that avoiding a beating is a good reason to kill someone
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6388|MN
Anybody that says they would try to give them the cigarette first is an IDIOT.  You probably would have had you butt kicked.  If you get close enough to give them a cigarette, you are about 20 feet too close to try and pull you weapon on them.  He was probably too close to them as it was, that is why it was a good idea to show and start to pull.  If he had hesitated they could have easliy closed the distance to him before he would have been able to pull his weapon.  If you think you are tough enough to take on 5 people, then go ahead and give them their cigarette.

You carry for a reason.  It is not because you are scared.  I don't carry, but if I lived in a bigger town and frequented certain areas, I most certainly would.  Because I am scared?  No.  Smart?  Yes. 

I agree with the actions taken.  If you show weakness to these guys you stand a very good chance of them acting on their threats.  Whenever you are in the possession of a firearm you have to be willing to use it when appropriate.  If you are not, you are dead or close to it.  It is a huge responsiblity owning a firearm, an even bigger one when you carry.  I do not feel that the OP takes this responsability lightly. 

Bovine on the loose.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
BVC
+325|6704
He stuck up forhimself and protected his family, whats the big deal?
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6354|Cali
Do it.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6291|Pennsyltucky

deeznutz1245 wrote:

So I was out with my wife the other night because we had the rare occurance of the grandparents babysitting for us. Coming out of the mall we encountered some punks in their early twenties loitering outside the mall entrance. One of them said " yo my man, let me get a cigarette" and then I replied "I dont have any". Even though I did he didnt know that and then he said " well you better get some or you'll get knocked out in front of your bitch". To which I turned around and replied " go fuck off you 6th grade drop out". I am sure I dont have to tell you that him and his friends were clearly looking for a fight and now had found one. They began to approach me and I opened my jacket rocking my sidearm out of its level 2 holster and all of a sudden they were no longer tough. Now, my question is this: when is it acceptable to to just beat the shit out of someone for just being an asshole? I would have lost, I was outnumbered 5 to 1, so I was taking no chances but if it were only two of them (and the wife wasnt there) I would have made it interesting. To make this serious, why do people get away with being punks and why do we not get to slap the shit out of them without getting arrested?
I carried a licensed concealed handgun for 5 years.  Never would I have dreamed doing what you did.

You are going to end up in jail or dead.

Buy Life Insurance NOW.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363
In my experience when you are armed its not good to go looking for a fight.

I have no problem acting humble knowing I hold every card. What I usually do is present my sidearm in a secure but non threatening manner.

The most aggressive  thing I have yet had to say is "I don't understand ? "

The best reply I ever had was "I want to go home "
davidonbf2
Banned
+19|6231
wow this was posted 2 months ago why bring it back up???????
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6698|Fort Lewis WA

deeznutz1245 wrote:

So I was out with my wife the other night because we had the rare occurance of the grandparents babysitting for us. Coming out of the mall we encountered some punks in their early twenties loitering outside the mall entrance. One of them said " yo my man, let me get a cigarette" and then I replied "I dont have any". Even though I did he didnt know that and then he said " well you better get some or you'll get knocked out in front of your bitch". To which I turned around and replied " go fuck off you 6th grade drop out". I am sure I dont have to tell you that him and his friends were clearly looking for a fight and now had found one. They began to approach me and I opened my jacket rocking my sidearm out of its level 2 holster and all of a sudden they were no longer tough. Now, my question is this: when is it acceptable to to just beat the shit out of someone for just being an asshole? I would have lost, I was outnumbered 5 to 1, so I was taking no chances but if it were only two of them (and the wife wasnt there) I would have made it interesting. To make this serious, why do people get away with being punks and why do we not get to slap the shit out of them without getting arrested?
Hey bud, you're lucky they didnt call the cops on you.  Displaying like that is "brandishing" Now I have a concealed carry permit, and I know in Washington State, If I were to be wearing a gun, and I so much as reach into my back pocket and someone sees it thats also brandishing and is punishible and is an instant lose of concealed carry permit.

6 feet is the magic distance that you can pop someone and get away with it.  6 feet you can honestly claim you were scared for your life.  Any more then that and its gonna come back to haunt you.

Now, legally for you to draw you're firearm, they would have to be within that distance, and showing a threat to life or limb of anyone not just yourself "life or limb" is the key phrase there.  Just cause they're a bunch of punks doesn't mean you can draw down on them. Also if that mall has a bank, or has a restuarant that serves alcohol thats federal laws your breaking.  Not trying to be a preacher, but sometimes its best to leave the firearm at home. 
After my first tour in Iraq I think I carried my HK about 10 or 11 times.  I just wasnt in the right frame of mind to carry.

-"you cant arrest me! I'm a fucking Combat veteran"  -SPC. Buzzle, Colby Author of "My War: Killing Time in Iraq" -B co 1/23 Infantry -Sprayhawks!,Blackhawk Crime Family,Ghosts of the Desert
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6698|Fort Lewis WA

LividBovine wrote:

Anybody that says they would try to give them the cigarette first is an IDIOT.  You probably would have had you butt kicked.  If you get close enough to give them a cigarette, you are about 20 feet too close to try and pull you weapon on them.  He was probably too close to them as it was, that is why it was a good idea to show and start to pull.  If he had hesitated they could have easliy closed the distance to him before he would have been able to pull his weapon.  If you think you are tough enough to take on 5 people, then go ahead and give them their cigarette.

You carry for a reason.  It is not because you are scared.  I don't carry, but if I lived in a bigger town and frequented certain areas, I most certainly would.  Because I am scared?  No.  Smart?  Yes. 

I agree with the actions taken.  If you show weakness to these guys you stand a very good chance of them acting on their threats.  Whenever you are in the possession of a firearm you have to be willing to use it when appropriate.  If you are not, you are dead or close to it.  It is a huge responsiblity owning a firearm, an even bigger one when you carry.  I do not feel that the OP takes this responsability lightly. 

Bovine on the loose.
I dunno, I give ciggerettes out all the time back home, but then again most Infantrymen have a certain manner in which they carry themselves.  Nothing disarms faster then a good solid attitude.  Friends help also.
used to be notorious at bar fighting on 1 dollar well night at the 7 citites bar in Tacoma, or Maggie O'Tools in Lakewood. Samoans are not the funnest to fight unless you are hoping to get your ass kicked
PureFodder
+225|6294
Just a thought, as you flashed your gun at them they could probably use that as a threat of lethal force against them and legally shot you.

Last edited by PureFodder (2007-04-15 14:21:47)

jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
You should of put your gun inside and had them a fist fight.
bobby177
+129|6482|Texas.. getting out asap

jord wrote:

You should of put your gun inside and had them a fist fight.
Yeah and get your skull stomped in by 5 guys? No thanks.
agent146
+127|6395|Jesus Land aka Canada
from my views:
1. remember your weapon could be used against you;now that just sucks.
2. show no signs of weakness.
3. you can say nothing and walk away, watch your six. (probably the best)
4. don't let him to close, remember he could lunge.
5. this is risky, but if these "punks" are really "weak teenage pussies" then knock out their "leader" out. the rest SHOULD flee.
6. if your to do 5. do it dirty, throw dust, kicks in groin, nose punches, make him bleed, makes sure he goes down ...but don't' kill him (that's a given) and hope the other 4 don't do anything. and as others have pointed out you got a gun on that will be hard to throw a pouch and you got your maiden to worry about.

my younger gung ho self would pick 5. easily but not i have wised up so ya i say 3. is your best, if they still follow you makes sure to catch other people attention, reconsidering that your in front of a mall, yell out that you are not giving them a cigarette, or even better "I DON"T WANT TO BUY CRACK OR METH FROM YOU" <-- ehh that s good idea huh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard