Chunkala
+4|6228
Me and a couple of my friends are going to a local LAN center and we always lose to these guys because they have played longer than us. So far we have 1 spec ops, 1 sniper, 1 AT, 1 medic, 1 support ,and one engineer. Would it be better to have 2 spec ops? We are going to be playing on Karkand, Mashtuer, and Dalian, and Fushe Pass. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
More medics.

Can never have enough medics.

Last edited by Uzique (2007-04-12 17:13:50)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

Uzique wrote:

More medics.
As much as I hate to say it, if you split up into Medics, AT and Support, you'll have everything you need.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-04-12 17:14:04)

GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6585|Hamburg / Germany

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Uzique wrote:

More medics.
As much as I hate to say it, if you split up into Medics, AT and Support, you'll have everything you need.
QFT
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6730|Louisiana
Perfect squad = Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage, Black Mage.

I mean, wait. Three medics, two ATs, and a Support.
Chunkala
+4|6228
They are also alot better than us at flying a plane or helicopter. I can fly but not well. How will we take out there air?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

Chunkala wrote:

They are also alot better than us at flying a plane or helicopter. I can fly but not well. How will we take out there air?
If your AT's are any good, Choppers won't be too much of a problem. Plus, vehicles like the Humvee are good for shooting them down. As for planes, try sticking to Ground AA.
Pw.Sultan
+15|6480|NC
you playin inf or vehicles? if inf go 1 squad of 5 at the start and spawn up and then split off into a second squad if your going separate ways or if you think you can stay alive its better to keep 1 squad.. have your commander let ya know all you need and there ya go
Desolater
+13|6227|Maryland, USA
how can i find out if there is a lan center near me, i think it would be cool to meet those i play against personally.
Inimicus_7
+26|6363|England, UK
Lose the sniper, the support (with PKM) or Medic with any medic gun can easily out gun a sniper on closer infantry maps. e.g Karkand 16 man.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6730|Louisiana
If you're playing Infantry Only, five medics and a support.
Chunkala
+4|6228
Were playing vehicles on some maps but on karkand we are playing inf only
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

xintegrityx wrote:

If you're playing Infantry Only, five medics and a support.
Or 6 Medics. Thank you New Kit Bug.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
On karkand: Medics and support
On others the same except except it will pay to have a sniper on a roof, they can piss me off when they take out our whole sqaud
Drexel
+43|6477|Philadelphia
Best Squad for ground pounding:  (Not that dumb IO crap)

2 Med (Squad leader is 1)
1 Support
3 AT

The 3 AT are (normally) the brute force of the squad, with the other three providing support and covering fire.

That's all you need.  AT is armored, can have the DAO for close combat, AT for longer ranges (almost as good as a sniper rifle)  3 AT can take a tank out without a reload,  Support keeps them supplied, medics keep everyone alive.

I'm thrilled that I play with a bunch of guys regularly who actually love the AT kit as much as I do.  Normally it's impossible to get a squad of 3 AT, but for us it's no problem.  We actually have a problem getting people to pick the Medic/Support role.  96% of the time we're best squad, and regularly get gold-bronze.

***Edit for IO***

I personally cannot stand IO, it's so dry.

Best squad for IO is, well...

5 Medics
1 Support ?

Should change Infantry only to Medic only....

Last edited by Drexel (2007-04-13 09:01:20)

jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6725|Doncaster, England
If your air support is no good, stay on the ground.
When you neutralize a flag listen for jets and arty, if you hear some, run like hell.
Wait for the bombs or arty to land and go back to take the flag.

It works for me, I suck in jets.
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK
No need for support in Battlefield2, none atall. Swap the support with AT/Engi/Med
RasorX
+17|6744|Indianapolis

Drexel wrote:

1 Support
3 AT
Why have squad leader as a medic?  If you're going to use the squad leader as a spawn point, which you should, him being medic isn't ideal.  Have squad leader be support, and if he dies he has 2 people that can revive, as opposed to 1 (if my math is correct.)

In addition to survivability, it also allows everyone to get points, since a squadleader should be hanging back from the front lines to avoid repeat death, he can atleast get some resupply points.
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6542|Washington
DIE!... MEDIC! medic... medic...
Raphi
Banned
+354|6259|Basel, Switzerland
Best team is: 1 Sniper, holds your backfront clean
                    2 medic, 1 more if the other one would die
                    1 support, no ammo no win
                    1 anti-tank, tanks are everywhere
weasel_thingo
+74|6327

KillahStyle wrote:

Best team is: 1 Sniper, holds your backfront clean
                    2 medic, 1 more if the other one would die
                    1 support, no ammo no win
                    1 anti-tank, tanks are everywhere
Fearmesnipers
+41|6446|Wales
Drexel knows. But if this other team are any good. you should take perhaps 4 AT instead of the support or take a Spec ops instead of the support to blow assets and just be a nuisance.
Drexel
+43|6477|Philadelphia

RasorX wrote:

Drexel wrote:

1 Support
3 AT
Why have squad leader as a medic?  If you're going to use the squad leader as a spawn point, which you should, him being medic isn't ideal.  Have squad leader be support, and if he dies he has 2 people that can revive, as opposed to 1 (if my math is correct.)

In addition to survivability, it also allows everyone to get points, since a squadleader should be hanging back from the front lines to avoid repeat death, he can atleast get some resupply points.
Having the medic as the squad leader can help in a bunch of ways.

1.  He can lag behind and revive the hit players while the others move and clear ahead.
2.  If he does go down, everyone knows he's the medic so they can run and get his kit.

**PS** Our guys don't normally play for points, but for the win.  (I've personally spent an entire round of Clean Sweep 64 size with my squad guarding the back 4 flags while the entire rest of the team fought in the front lines.  Needless to say, our squad had a total of like 30 points but also the win)

Last edited by Drexel (2007-04-13 09:43:16)

DaVeWaVe
Sponsored by Ready Brek... The Nation's Favourite
+7|6663|Farmland, England
all medic if inf only, and swap with the odd assault kit when you're in a nice position to work that noob tube ;p

with vehicles, surely its a bit boring with only the 7 of you :p and if you're playing with jets and choppers then whoever is best with the air powers = win ;p
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
IO...

either all medic or all medic and one sniper

for ammo tk and revive within 3 seconds

the sniper isn't needed but can help because of claymores

vehicles - two medic, two AT, two engineers for tank/APC.  If there is only one heavy vehicle then replace both engineers with AT, and one takes the tank and the other goes with the squad

if they are halfway good and get the chopper there is not much point in bothering to play against them on chopper maps, a good soloer is near unkillable and wins the game for whoever has him.  best bet is to take out the chopper before it can take off or make sure they don't get it by capping and holding the spawn point

never put two people in a chopper...

Last edited by Blehm98 (2007-04-13 11:20:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard