CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

Rellim83 wrote:

I would join China, only because their will be 3 million other soldiers to get in the way of the bullets b4 they get to me.
But you'd be starving and out of food / fuel after 72 hours.
Logistically they cannot support a long term engagement.
Sure they have the man power... but they lack the supplies to keep them going.
Just like NK.  NK would have about 48 hours to hit pusan or they would be dead in the water and the RoK army would slaughter them
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Rellim83 wrote:

I would join China, only because their will be 3 million other soldiers to get in the way of the bullets b4 they get to me.
Just like NK.  NK would have about 48 hours to hit pusan or they would be dead in the water and the RoK army would slaughter them
you ever been stationed at hood?
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

hmmz - NZSAS for sure.

NZ Army are the best light infantry in the world. Understated, quiet and get the job done. Dont feel the need
to proclaim to the world how good they are - just let their actions speak for themselves.
And what have they done in oooh, i dunno the last 40 years to show they are "the best light cannon fodder in the mud"?
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

blademaster wrote:

1.)According to your sources or experience serving in army, which infantry would dominate the rest?
2.)What makes any military units so skilled, toughness, skills, intelligence or something else?
3.) if  WW3 broke out, and you were drafted to go war, would you give your life for your country or run like a bitch?
4.) If you were forced to serve in military would you still serve?

5.)If you were to rebel against going to the army and your only chance to stay alive was to get tortured? would you still go to the war, and be exposed to some horrific stuff which would make you mentally unstable for the rest of your life.
Aussie or British SAS. Given that Australian regular soldiers have the same training as the american Delta Elite or w/e I'd say that its a tie between the two i said before.
Wow Bud....  So you know how Delta Trains?  Thats pretty good. Considering  I have done several ops with the D-boys, and I spent 9 years active army and I still dont know how they train. Thats a pretty bold statement.
Also last I checked D-boys are exactly a light Infantry unit.  But again I have no clue what im talking about.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440

blademaster wrote:

1.)According to your sources or experience serving in army, which infantry would dominate the rest?
2.)What makes any military units so skilled, toughness, skills, intelligence or something else?
3.) if  WW3 broke out, and you were drafted to go war, would you give your life for your country or run like a bitch?

5.)If you were to rebel against going to the army and your only chance to stay alive was to get tortured? would you still go to the war, and be exposed to some horrific stuff which would make you mentally unstable for the rest of your life.
1) infantry blow
2)idk
3)id join the air force. jets pwn noobs IRL
4) israeli air force is teh bestest
5)Since when does war make u mentally unstable?  They never had problems with this back in the day when ppl were chopping eachothers heads off by the hundreds in ginormous wars of million man armies. (think: 300)
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Rellim83 wrote:

Nope Benning, Korea, and Lewis
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440

CannonFodder11b wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Aussie or British SAS. Given that Australian regular soldiers have the same training as the american Delta Elite or w/e I'd say that its a tie between the two i said before.
Wow Bud....  So you know how Delta Trains?  Thats pretty good. Considering  I have done several ops with the D-boys, and I spent 9 years active army and I still dont know how they train. Thats a pretty bold statement.
Also last I checked D-boys are exactly a light Infantry unit.  But again I have no clue what im talking about.
yeah he knows how they train, even tho he said 'delta elite or w/e'  somehow i think if hes unsure one what they are, he knows how they train.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

CannonFodder11b wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

I was Mech man.  11M for life.  A lot of my boys are at lewis right now, or rather were.  i think they deployed already
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

norge wrote:

blademaster wrote:

1) infantry blow
2)idk
5)Since when does war make u mentally unstable?  They never had problems with this back in the day when ppl were chopping eachothers heads off by the hundreds in ginormous wars of million man armies. (think: 300)
Without Grunts you wouldn't be able to keep a foothold.
The Isreali Air Force is not the best.... Just the most experienced.
I dunno who would have the best AF.  Technologically its the US. But I think the Chinese take that trophy on the best AF, they knock down spy planes using a rather unique technique
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia

CannonFodder11b wrote:

norge wrote:

blademaster wrote:

1) infantry blow
2)idk
I dunno who would have the best AF.  Technologically its the US. But I think the Chinese take that trophy on the best AF, they knock down spy planes using a rather unique technique
This technique is what exactly?
comet241
+164|6735|Normal, IL
1) USMC

The rest of the questions just got answered
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I was Mech man.  11M for life.  A lot of my boys are at lewis right now, or rather were.  i think they deployed already
Yeah if they were in 4th then yeah they are otw.
Brads... man you should of seen the right seat rides we did with 2-12 cav.  They were all talking about how they wanted to dump brads and get strykers. Great ride, Quiet,fast, and roomy. I got so much room I have 3 coolers on my truck, plus all the other gear we pack.  Not to mention I can carry anywhere from 12 to 15 dismounts (cramped at 15) but roomy as hell at normal 11b squad size... unless you have a person who believes his balls need a section of bench
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

Sentinel wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

norge wrote:

1) infantry blow
2)idk
Do a google search on p3 orions, and china and see.
They used a million dollar fighter to "bump" a spy plane causing the Chinese fighter to crash and kill the pilot and the spy plane to make an emergency landing. Rather ingenious method at getting a sensitive item in decent condition on to the ground on your land for your perusing.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
used to see strykers every once and awhile in baghdad.  shit man, i was on Brads for 5 years with the 1st cav.  2-7 cav. my track was always a loyal beast for me.  theres always a big spot in my heart for that M2, especially after Iraq.   i mean, the bushmaster. holy shit, the touch of god.  i hear that strykers could be fitted with a turret and a 105
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Sentinel wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

They used a million dollar fighter to "bump" a spy plane causing the Chinese fighter to crash and kill the pilot and the spy plane to make an emergency landing. Rather ingenious method at getting a sensitive item in decent condition on to the ground on your land for your perusing.
Sacrificing a million dollar fighter jet and pilot to gain access to sensitive foreign technology....i can dig it.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

used to see strykers every once and awhile in baghdad.  shit man, i was on Brads for 5 years with the 1st cav.  2-7 cav. my track was always a loyal beast for me.  theres always a big spot in my heart for that M2, especially after Iraq.   i mean, the bushmaster. holy shit, the touch of god.  i hear that strykers could be fitted with a turret and a 105
MAn your out of date lol.

www.strykernews.com check out the pics. Yeah 4th BDE has the Mobile Gun System (105mm mounted on a Stryker) There is also a 105mm Arty Version they are working the kinks out of.  Not as much punch as a 155, but fast and mobile.  Should be interesting to see the NGS in action, I cannot wait to see if they use that gun out here.  Iraqi's are already scared of the stryker, this new varient will make thme think we are insane.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6660|Fort Lewis WA

Sentinel wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Sentinel wrote:

Sacrificing a million dollar fighter jet and pilot to gain access to sensitive foreign technology....i can dig it.
Yeah thats why I called it an interesting tactic.  Of course it was seen by all as a accident, I truely believe it was a gamble to get they're hands on some of our hardware, even if only for a few monthes before they handed it over.  But enough time to let them get some insight into what we have, and our capabilities
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

blademaster wrote:

1. Call me biased, but I'm going with USMC on this one.
2. I'm going to ignore this one because of the grammar.
3. Depends on the state of the country I'm giving my life for. But currently, I'd go back in. Don't know if they'd take a medical discharge though.
4. Isn't this sort of like question 3? I've already answered.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-13 03:15:55)

=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6521|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
To all the people saying USMC, are you saying that because

a) You come from America so go team
b) They would probably win if WW3 were to break out now with all current variables.
c) You believe that if all things were equal (tech, kit, numbers, weapons) they would be the best pound-for-pound.

If you answered a or b please read the OP again.  If you answered C then please explain why because to me if you take all the kit, expensive weapons etc and numbers away from the USMC I can't see why they'd be so good.

It's a stupid question really because even if you say "if they all have the same guns, tanks, planes etc who would be the best" you still have the variable of the conditions.  After all I would hate to have the USMC in a jungle fight (hmm, vietnam) but then would prefer them to the Gurkhas in open warfare.  You should never underestimate the theatre when considering this.
soalfa
+7|6498|raahe finland
i would say best infantry would be some Arabic country soldiers ,most of them have lived all of their life in war zone ,and have had first own ak-47 about 10 years old ,then fight ed few decades ... war is their everyday life ,  i would assume they would be the skilled ones in world .
but if ww3 would start USA would be the biggest military force ,depends who would fight who .
personally I'm in mandatory service so i would stay home keep everybodys wife's happy and children safe lol
but if some reason i would forced to fight i would vanish to Forrest whit all my closest friends and family.
let the aggressive military individuals kill them others to  Extinction ,then we would live in peace ,though we have to take their mass destruction weapons so the idiots don't havoc the earth to end .
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6492|Istanbul-Turkey
1) not possible to know without a serious war I think.
2)number, training, coordination.
3)I will go, immediately.

every men have to serve in army here. althought conditions are hard, I am really looking forward to use g3, if they dont change main assault rifle.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6686|Germany

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Sentinel wrote:

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Yeah thats why I called it an interesting tactic.  Of course it was seen by all as a accident, I truely believe it was a gamble to get they're hands on some of our hardware, even if only for a few monthes before they handed it over.  But enough time to let them get some insight into what we have, and our capabilities
They'll copy anything that has a "c", "tm" sign or is just from a foreign country.

BUt to the original question I'd go for:

"French Foreign Legion"

Edit: or Taliban

Last edited by danCer (2007-04-13 05:12:13)

77th|JonesMR
+2|6233

Drakef wrote:

Battlefield 2 has nothing to do with actual violence. It is a game, a contest.
Yes, it is a game and a contest.  However, the depictions of taking inflicting harm on another person whether by stabbing them with a knife, shooting them with small arms, blowing them up with high explosives, and running over them with a moving vehicle all have everything to do with violence.

I did not intend to flame; if that's how it came across, I apologize.  I did want to generate some thoughtful discussion about the subject.  I think, though, that you are deceiving yourself if you believe that you are remaining true to the definition of a conscientious objector when you take part in activity that is centered around the concept of inflicting harm, even if imagined, on others.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

CannonFodder11b wrote:

Lewis
We ate the same dirt.  Hooah.
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6600|Mexifornia, USA
1.) US Marines
2.) Besides the physical equipment and training, the Marines have the core values: Honor, Courage, and Commitment. Some of the most key elements for successful soldiers begin and are reinforced here.
3.) Well, assuming WWIII happens after this next year, I'll already be in the Marines. If it happens before, and I can be drafted, I would serve as if I chose to
4.) I wouldn't have to be forced.
5.) I would never rebel against the military.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard