Poll

Would you want a Forklift War tournament?

Yes82%82% - 207
No17%17% - 43
Total: 250
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

surgeon_bond wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Alrighty OP has been updated and slightly colored.
If we can get a map by tomorrow, then yes the event will be taking place then.
Now for the damn time zones thing....
The server is based in France, fyi. Prepare for some ping issues. Also, Dauntless, do you happen to have administration powers on the server, to boot anyone not on the list?
My thoughts on the time were 10:00PM, GMT. That would make it 5:00PM EST(I think) and somewhere around 1:00PM over in BC. I dont really know most of the other's timezones.
I hate that.

EDIT- forgot the PM after the time
cool a france server i should get a decent ping, os when are we teaming people up
What about Saturday?Not too early though.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

Can't wait!!!
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6413|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Alrigthy, need some more input on time and date...remember we have people spread across two continents. I have a four hour difference between here and London.
Hoping to see what our battlefield will be soon.
I'll be splitting the teams today probably, when I get out of my classes. Take a look in about two hours of this post. If Private_Adam can't make it, we will need a replacement. It all depends on the date.
More info later.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
OP updated, time and date have yet to be confirmed:/
I'm also left wondering how we're gonna work out the timezones, because we have people from Vancouver to London, and even a little further.
Come on Snake! We want that map
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6441|somewhere other then here

SplinterStrike wrote:

OP updated, time and date have yet to be confirmed:/
I'm also left wondering how we're gonna work out the timezones, because we have people from Vancouver to London, and even a little further.
Come on Snake! We want that map
lol never rush the artist they must do their work in peace

SNAKE HURRY UP!
just kidding
SplinterStrike
Roamer
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the teams are now set, along with two reserves.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon
anytime weekends work for me, or anytime after 6PM EST during the week
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Holy shiznat! This has moved along quite a bit!!

If we are doing this tomorrow night, I might not be available (its the only night friends get off work, and so we often hit town...although not always ).

Right then, with 8 drivers per side thats SIXTEEN forklifts!!

The carrier tops might be a bit too narrow for that to work. Although I can try it to see what happens.
If not, then most likely the FuShe airfield (PLA is more open and level in my experience).

In either case, I will upload both maps for download and we can do a test or a try it on the night.
Id better get working on these maps now!!
jord

Snake wrote:

Holy shiznat! This has moved along quite a bit!!

If we are doing this tomorrow night, I might not be available (its the only night friends get off work, and so we often hit town...although not always ).

Right then, with 8 drivers per side thats SIXTEEN forklifts!!

The carrier tops might be a bit too narrow for that to work. Although I can try it to see what happens.
If not, then most likely the FuShe airfield (PLA is more open and level in my experience).

In either case, I will upload both maps for download and we can do a test or a try it on the night.
Id better get working on these maps now!!
Cool,just a suggestion for carrier if you're worried.

I was thinking 6 start on on side,6 on the other,and 4 in middle back to back.

I'll draw a leet paint diagram to show you.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

i can fraps the battlerecorder footage, i have the premium edition huzaaah
jord
https://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3043/forkliftdk6.png

Thats for the free for all round.

For the team one you could just have 2 waves of 4 on each side.

Last edited by jord (2007-04-12 09:56:59)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

jord wrote:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3043/forkliftdk6.png

Right, well if you want me to line them all up like that, its going to take a lot of trial and error. All it is, is that you have to put the exact co-ordinates and rotations of the vehicles in.

I was going to just make them spawn in the usual area at "random" spots, and then everyone will just take up positions on the night.

If not, then I might need a lil more time...

Last edited by Snake (2007-04-12 10:03:01)

jord

Snake wrote:

jord wrote:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3043/forkliftdk6.png

Right, well if you want me to line them all up like that, its going to take a lot of trial and error. All it is, is that you have to put the exact co-ordinates and rotations of the vehicles in.

I was going to just make them spawn in the usual area at "random" spots, and then everyone will just take up positions on the night.

If not, then I might need a lil more time...
Do the random spots then,i know nothing of map editing so i don't know how long things take.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

Right, this was the first attempt:
https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen034.png

Kinda got the co-ordinates wrong

Second attempt:

https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen035.png

Oh yes!! Looks awesome, and thats only 13 in that huge row. Theres 3 more behind it, and 1 more on the F35 spawn to the right. 17, just in case

And Im gona play about with it to make it a lil more "presentable".

Im not sure. It looks a lil crowded, but remember that thats only the rear part of the deck....

Also...Im gona have to set really high respawn times on these things else when some get blown up, we are gona have random fork'ers spawning everywhere!!

Last edited by Snake (2007-04-12 10:23:51)

CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6591|California U.S.A

SplinterStrike wrote:

Reserves:
- Seal 3                           AKA CoconutBlitz
- ~c4~cheppi                   AKA ~C4~CHEPPII
I want you two to be available should someone not be able to make it, so join us on event day.
I have to work a couple of hours this Friday 13th from 5pm - 7pm PST with commute time I should be logged on by 7:30pm Saturday I am available all day and Sunday too.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
Wow man, I'm loving this. Alrighty, so either tomorrow or Saturday will be match day, if possible. Gonna see how things develop throughout the rest of the day here. Also, the time thing. how does 10:00PM GMT sound? (Thats London time for all you others out there.)
Surgeon, did you say you could work the movie or am I interpreting that wrong?

Also, the idea of transporting the other team to the carrier. We can have squad leaders paradrop via jets onto the carrier and having them spawn on the SL or we could run a ferry service with the Helicopters. W/E works. Just dont dive bomb the jets into the ship.
First arrivals in the server will be the SLs and will fly over when they get the chance.

As for FuShe, that could be our FFA arena, seeing as the runways are so big. Get people to start in a giant circle facing outwards, drive off for five seconds, then begin the fragfest.
jord

SplinterStrike wrote:

Wow man, I'm loving this. Alrighty, so either tomorrow or Saturday will be match day, if possible. Gonna see how things develop throughout the rest of the day here. Also, the time thing. how does 10:00PM GMT sound? (Thats London time for all you others out there.)

Also, the idea of transporting the other team to the carrier. We can have squad leaders paradrop via jets onto the carrier and having them spawn on the SL or we could run a ferry service with the Helicopters. W/E works. Just dont dive bomb the jets into the ship.
First arrivals in the server will be the SLs and will fly over when they get the chance.

As for FuShe, that could be our FFA arena, seeing as the runways are so big. Get people to start in a giant circle facing outwards, drive off for five seconds, then begin the fragfest.
Is there any chance of doing it a tad later maybe?

Maybe 12:30Pm - 5Pm GMT.Anytime in between there would be great.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
Alrighty, I moved the event to Saturday, seeing the early results of a few people. It'll give us a bit more time to smooth out the bumps as well.

EDIT: Time: Jord that would make it your Saturday night, along with Snake a a few others. If we make it that early then a few of us here in North America would still be sleeping. It would be anywhere between 1PM and 6PM for us North Americans. I might be screwing up my timezones but isnt London GMT?

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2007-04-12 11:33:02)

CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6591|California U.S.A

SplinterStrike wrote:

Sweeeeeeet!

I'm giddy like a little schoolgirl. 
steelie34
pub hero!
10:00 PM GMT = 5:00 PM EST 

that works perfect for me...
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
So do we have a time decided yet?
SplinterStrike
Roamer

ShadowFoX wrote:

So do we have a time decided yet?
No, but we know it will be saturday. I'm hoping to have a time set either tonight or tomorrow.
EDIT: forgot to put up my vote. 10:00PM GMT is what im shooting for.

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2007-04-12 13:28:25)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

I think Saturday will probably be better for me now actually.
10PM GMT on Saturday should also be fine.

Right, onto the all important part. No, not the times.

The maps

Dalian Plant - Flightdeck Madness

Setting:
Rebels vs Insurgents. (formerly USMC vs PLA)

- Seventeen Forklifts on the deck of the Rebels carrier to choose from.
- Forklifts take 360seconds to respawn (6 minutes). This is to prevent a dead team's forklift from respawning in the middile of the battle (!)
- Insurgents (formerly PLA) start with the Reactor Towers and have 4 transport choppers to get themselves to the carrier. They also have the standard airfield uncap, but this will take a lot longer to get to the carrier....

The deck of the carrier:
https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen037.png

The Reactor Towers CP with BH's for transport:
https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen038.png

NOTES:
The carrier deck is cramped, but not overly. It provides a nice edge for ramming people off the side into the drink, and the control tower provides a nice obstacle for blocking.

FuShe Pass - Airfield Annihilation

Setting:
Rebels vs Insurgents. (formerly PLA vs USMC)

- Seventeen Forklifts spawn on the Rebels airfield (formerly PLA) in the actual hangars.
- Forklifts take 360seconds to respawn (6 minutes). This is to prevent a dead team's forklift from respawning in the middile of the battle (!)
- Insurgents (formerly USMC) start with the Upper Camp and Canyon Guard CP's, with a few BH's to get them to the Rebels airfield quickly. These are the closest CP's, so...you can fly there again

The FuShe airfield:
https://www.sfsteam.co.uk/Snakes_Screenies/Forks/screen039.png

NOTES:
FuShe has a HUGE, open airfield with enough room for more than 16 forklifts side by side for the width. The length of it even provides potential for teams to go out of view!! Although it is all inside a fenced compound, so no escaping

====================================

The respawn times of the fork'ers is quite a long time, but it should stop a forklift spawning in a battle and ruining somebodys day! Thats also why we have 17 of them, incase some retard decides to blow one up before we start

If anyone wants any changes to them, say now.
I will put these up for download tomorrow (Friday).

Last edited by Snake (2007-04-12 13:42:38)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

yeah i could fraps the brecorder footage but i havent got any flashy movie editing powers or programs so if i just hold camera above the main battle or get the highlights then ill upload it to filefront for streaming
steelie34
pub hero!
this is going to be the most epic battle ever...

yeah right... hahahaha... a friggin forklift war... hahahahahaha

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard