GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

Ya all who got this one. what ya think about it. any problems or just a sweet dream? I know I know this is the older version but I really don't need the better quad core oc'ing what A1 gives. just trying to get info if all the probs have been fixed...
https://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2959/boardbigtz9.jpg
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

I've got one. It's very nice. Great OCing.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6721|Scotland
wtf is that an 8 pin connector on the mobo beside proc?

man...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

wtf is that an 8 pin connector on the mobo beside proc?

man...
Power lead.

ATX 12V connector.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I have the BFG version, no problems.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6569|Up a tree
had all sorts of problems with mine, wouldn't boot after a while, kept crashing ect ect... changed to a striker extreme ( cost a few more quid) but it was driving me mad!
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
it's been fine, for me

However after I got vista + 4gbs of ram, it won't run them at stock speeds (I blame either ram or vista, but i'm not completely sure.)
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
what a crappy design around the sata/mem/vga power/ide area, sooo cramped
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6416|Finland

Mad Ad wrote:

and which mobo has better desing then, eh? (no, striker doesnt count here. it's way too expensive)
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Mad Ad wrote:

Or from another point of view, close together cables mean better airflow.
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
true in some ways, but what a pain if you have to move anything about or cool your ram

infact I never noticed the first time but the front panel connectors are between the vga molex and the memory slot as well!!

and if you have a newer case with a bottom mounted power supply (eg a p180 among others) then you have to contend with the main power bundle passing right over all that lot too.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6416|Finland

true about the front panel connectors. i have psu over my mobo so thats not a problem for me
and there is plenty of room for changing and cooling the ram (have u noticed the 2 sata connectors under the floppy connector? no need to use the upper ones )
I'm quite impressed with this mobo and I will probably buy this after summer with ocz sli ready memory
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

[69th_GFH]GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

true about the front panel connectors. i have psu over my mobo so thats not a problem for me
and there is plenty of room for changing and cooling the ram (have u noticed the 2 sata connectors under the floppy connector? no need to use the upper ones )
I'm quite impressed with this mobo and I will probably buy this after summer with ocz sli ready memory
The front panel connectors is a very good point. It had to take a pair of scissors to mine to get one of them on - the power LED. Now I've accidentally reversed the polarity of the connector so the power light is on when my computer is off and off when it is on. I'l change it one day when I can be bothered.

I forgot about that.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
I havnet had any issues with mine yet. Another member of my clan has one and his works fine as well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard