Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

Ask anything you want to know about a Mac and I will answer it.
But please, keep it civilized. We don't need a 12 year old's "It sux's" or "Mac users r teh ghey". We have heard them and frankly, we don't give a fuck.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6499|Gogledd Cymru

how long did it take you to get used to the OS after coming from windows ?
BlackKoala
+215|6335
Did your penis get smaller when you opened the box?  (I've heard it happen before).

I kid.

On a more serious note, doesn't that single clicky mouse get annoying?
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6519|Minnesota eh
How are games on Macs?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6503|N. Ireland

BlackKoala wrote:

CTRL + Click is the equivalent of right click.

Mr.Casual wrote:

How are games on Macs?
Macs aren't built for gaming. They are used for ease-of-use, multimedia and video related. Adobe claimed their products 'work better on macs'. They were originally built for macs.

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-04-11 16:10:30)

jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
Whats the biggest differance?
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR
I use both and they're both good for what they do.  I personally think that OSX is a much better operating system than WinXP, but Apple coders don't have to worry about making their shit work on a million different machine configurations, so OSX should run a lot better than WinXP.  Macs are much better for pro audio/video applications, but gaming on a Mac is teh failz.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England
Bah, two of my friends have Mac's and they are ok, but not for me, a gamer.

Why spend a shit load of money on a Mac, get that bootcamp thing and then play games, when you can build your own PC for much cheaper and less hassle?

Also, the majority of Mac users I hate (The stupid ones). Most of them are all complete dumbasses who don't deserve to be on PC's computers. What's with the whole "I don't have to spend ages trying to turn my computer on with a Mac". That's just pure idiocy right there.

Where's that Maddox guy's page on Macs?

Last edited by FFLink13 (2007-04-11 16:12:24)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

BlackKoala wrote:

Did your penis get smaller when you opened the box?  (I've heard it happen before).

I kid.

The mighty mouse actually has 3 buttons concealed under it's hood with pressure sensors that determin what button was pressed.

Scrolling however is hell with the Mighty Mouse, since the small scrollbal gets dirty pretty fast, and is hard to clean.

surgeon_bond wrote:

how long did it take you to get used to the OS after coming from windows ?
I had some limited experience on the system prior to buying my Mac. I use it for school and work.
I got used to the OS basics in a week, because it has features such as Windows has, only with a different skin.
But to master the more advanced features you should be able to adjust in a month.
kilgoretrout
+53|6480|Little Rock, AR
Also, everyone says "what about the single click thing."  Just plug in a two button mouse and it works fine.  I've been using Microsoft or Logitech mice on Macs for years.  You don't even have to install drivers.  It is a bit annoying on a laptop if you don't have a mouse plugged into it, but like was stated above, ctrl+click is right click.  As far as the guy that asked about getting used to the OS, I think it's pretty easy.  The biggest difference is that you don't close a program by clicking the "X" at the top of the window, you have to actually quit the program to kill it.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

kilgoretrout wrote:

Also, everyone says "what about the single click thing."  Just plug in a two button mouse and it works fine.  I've been using Microsoft or Logitech mice on Macs for years.  You don't even have to install drivers.  It is a bit annoying on a laptop if you don't have a mouse plugged into it, but like was stated above, ctrl+click is right click.  As far as the guy that asked about getting used to the OS, I think it's pretty easy.  The biggest difference is that you don't close a program by clicking the "X" at the top of the window, you have to actually quit the program to kill it.
Killing a program can be done by Command-Q, which is a very fast method.

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

can they get viruses?
do they make the same games (bf2) for them?
why do they have terms like 'airport' and 'safari'?
give me an honest no bs assessment: mac or pc?

also, i would like to point out that the guy in the ads (hi, i'm a mac, and i'm a pc) seems to be a little left of center...
Yes there are viruses in excistance for OS X, the most effective one that ever surfaced was still not able to do anything, because the kernel autmatically ask the password when changes are made by programs, that are not allowed to do so.

There are games: http://www.apple.com/games/

Airport is their WiFi brand, Safari is the name of their browser.

Mac, Mac for life. Next one will be this http://www.apple.com/macpro/

Mr.Casual wrote:

How are games on Macs?
Just like they are on their PC counterpart. The only difference is the coding.
Under Bootcamp, my BF2, BF2142, CNC3 actually runs better than on my regular PC.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

Bernadictus wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

also if the program is in the dock you can press and hold and choose force quit.

i do believe berny and i are the most qualified mac people on here besides chuy so if he is unable to answer anything i would be happy to help.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Brasso
+1,549|6640

How many games does OSX support?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6384|Florida, USA
My teacher's brand new Mac Laptop today died and can't recover. So she has to buy a new one.
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

also if the program is in the dock you can press and hold and choose force quit.

i do believe berny and i are the most qualified mac people on here besides chuy so if he is unable to answer anything i would be happy to help.
Can you answer my question please?

Whats the biggest differance you've found between them?The one that you found hardest to get used to.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

haffeysucks wrote:

How many games does OSX support?
http://www.apple.com/games

Depends on the willingness of the producers to convert it to Universal Binary.

Apple has no control over this.

jord wrote:

Whats the biggest differance you've found between them?The one that you found hardest to get used to.
Actually the hardest thing to get used to was adjusting to keyboard navigation. Everything has a shortcut command under OS X. And with everything I mean almost everything. And not strange combinations, they are all single hand controls.

But another BIG difference is the easy use of the system while getting used to it. No DLL hell, if a program is not functioning you just zapp it and reinstall.

Also a program is packed into an .APP which can be considerd a folder under windows. So all the stuff that makes a programm is packed into one file, thus not litering your HD.

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

My teacher's brand new Mac Laptop today died and can't recover. So she has to buy a new one.
Ferrari's break down to. It happens, there is still 2nd party hardware underneath the skin.
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

jord wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

Can you answer my question please?

Whats the biggest difference you've found between them?The one that you found hardest to get used to.
uninstalling things, on a pc you have a of course the uninstall list or a uninstaller which comes with the program. on a mac you may have an uninstaller include, but more often than not there isn't anything included. basically to uninstall something on a mac you just delete. also they have a program now called app zaper which is great. basically you just drag and drop the program you want to remove and poof it's gone. other than that everything is pretty much straight forward.
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

might be able to boot it in target mode and recover the data
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

Marlboroman82 wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Or the so-called FireWire mode, which makes it appears as a hard-drive when connected to other Mac's through FireWire.
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

Bernadictus wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

Or the so-called FireWire mode, which makes it appears as a hard-drive when connected to other Mac's through FireWire.
that would be target mode
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6353|California

Mr.Casual wrote:

How are games on Macs?
They are great, atleast for me. I bought the 24in. iMac and put bootcamp on it (basically a program that lets you partition your drive to allow to to boot up in XP) and can run all my games on high easily (including bf2142, css, bf2, etc.) so i got 2 computers basically for $2000. I urge all of you to buy this for it is a great desition.

EDIT: and to the person who asked about our computer mice, there are mice for apples that are two click, they just look oneclick. its called the, Might Mouse

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2007-04-11 17:04:25)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6672|under there hayousaidunderwear
Anyone have any idea when a new iPod is coming out?
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

majorassult wrote:

Anyone have any idea when a new iPod is coming out?
soon i would say the end of next month or the month after that. they will probably have something about it at the developers conference even though which is in a couple of weeks i think.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6672|under there hayousaidunderwear
What kind of new features do you think they would add to it?  Like a camera or something?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6653

so, why cant we at least agree on the trash/recycle bin thing? why the difference?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard