Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6777
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … sletter_02

Battlefield Newsletter: JANUARY 2006

Battlefield 2: Euro Force
The battle expands in the first booster pack to 2005’s hit game Battlefield 2. Take the powerful new Euro Force into action against MEC and Chinese armies as you battle for control of all-new Asian locations. The action escalates to a fever pitch with the latest high-tech vehicles and weapons including attack helicopters, battle tanks, assault rifles, and much more.

Available this coming February only through EA downloader!

More Weapons

More Vehicles

3 New Maps

Operation Smoke Screen
Taraba Quarry
Great Wall

4 New vehicles

Main Battle Tank - Leopard 2A6
Main Battle Tank – Challenger 2
Fighter – Eurofighter (Typhoon T1)
Attack Heli – Eurocopter Tiger (Tiger HAP)
7 New Weapons

HK53A3
Famas
SA80 L85A2
SA80 L85A2 with UGL (AG-36)
HK21
Benelli M4
P90
L96A1

1 New Army

European Union
1 new award
European Union Special Service Medal

Stay tuned for more details on new maps, weapons and vehicles! And remember to get your copy of Battlefield 2: Euro Force only on the EA downloader.

------------------

Theres the link and info if anyone didnt know.

There are 8 new weapons, and we can assume that 2 will be the new anti-tank and sniper unlocks for regular BF2 (and perhaps special forces?). The L96A1 is the only sniper, and the anti tank is probably HK3, or possibly the HK21. The rest, by my guesses, are:

Assault - SA80 L85A2 with UGL (AG-36)
Support - HK21
Medic -  Famas or SA80 L85A2
Engineer - Benelli M4
Sniper - L96A1
Spec Ops - Famas or P90
Anti-Tank - HK3
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6778|Oregon, USA
ive already seen this. there is also another booster pack called bf2:armored fury. the new sniper unlock is the L96A1, and the new AT is the p90 there are is also some new info on the patch here: https://img497.imageshack.us/img497/3835/bf12fa.gif
that is a screen shot of the read me file for the patch 1.2 with all the fixes.

go to totalbf2.com to learn more.
Rus_78_Region
+0|6716|St.-Petersburg, Russia
Medic - Famas
Spec Ops- P90
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6792|Scotland!!!
the new bold/bigger search button still isnt big enough i dont think
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6782|Cambridge (UK)

SAS-Lynx wrote:

the new bold/bigger search button still isnt big enough i dont think
maybe it needs to flash...
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6736|The Netherlands
I would like the button to grow bigger and start flashing if you fail to use it. So all the others wont get that crap.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-01-16 14:21:49)

Maj.Do
+85|6768|good old CA

Rus_78_Region wrote:

Medic - Famas
Spec Ops- P90
that cant be right, p90s were made for Crews and stuff why give it to a spec ops
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6757|United States
The more posts that are made, without the search button being clicked, will cause the search button to grow larger and larger, until it's at font size 72, bold, and red.  I think that would work.
Echo
WOoKie
Ye and if they fail to see that, make it flash from pink to orange.
CJFF Balnk
+2|6742|Baltimore Maryland
So.....

They are saying Feb?  early or late Feb?
Anyone know a date?
uber73
+188|6768|Brisbane
im not buying it.
i got sf, dont play it.
im not spunking more dough into mr ea's fat coffers for maps i wont play.

i would have bought BFkarkand alone
LitterBox
+3|6730|The Land of Strippers and Blow
Maybe we should make the search button like the c4, mines, and claymores red skull and crossbones in game.  Like that, everyone would be pushing it (and then punishing!)  LOL
Ryan
+1,230|6859|Alberta, Canada

can we close this? this is like the 20th post of BF2:EF
Echo
WOoKie
lol anyways there's allready 50 topics about euro force, here's the largest one about it.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=10155

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-01-16 16:38:25)

Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6765|Mark it zero.
let me guess... all the tanks and planes and choppers will be the exact same as the ones already here. just like they made the choppers the exact same in SF. they should make a chopper with MGs on the side that the pilot can use, kinda like an anti infantry chopper or something? i dont know. but something different than the attack choppers we have now.
SpecialOp21
+0|6722|USA

Kamikaze17 wrote:

let me guess... all the tanks and planes and choppers will be the exact same as the ones already here. just like they made the choppers the exact same in SF. they should make a chopper with MGs on the side that the pilot can use, kinda like an anti infantry chopper or something? i dont know. but something different than the attack choppers we have now.
The SF choppers are not the same. In terms of gun placement, yes, but in terms of speed/manuverability/rocket splash damage/armor, they're very different. The Hind is virually a flying tank since it takes 3 AT rockets to bring it down.
theseb099
+0|6836
theres gunna be recon planes and choppers
its ocming out the 8th so early february
go to gulf of oman go mec walk up to the shack on the runway next to the uav whats on the door?? does that look like plans for a euro plane???
Silverwolf
+0|6698
the attack helos are not all the same. The Mi-28 Havok is slower then the other 2, with less agility, but the gunner's cannon makes up for that, with higher dmg, and a large amount of splash dmg. The AH-1Z Super Cobra is by far the most nimble of the 3, easyily dodging most fire, but the gunner's cannon is only a 3 barreled gatlin cannon, meaning that it has very little splash dmg, and isn't very good against vehicles (though like the Blackhawk's M134 cannons, it can shoot through the armour plating on a HMMWV or GAZ). And the Z-10 is a mix of the 2, not as nimble as the Cobra, but faster then the Havok, with heavy calibre 3 barrel gatlin cannon with decent splash dmg.

The new attack chopper for the European Forces is the Euro Tiger, one of the few attack helos in the world that can acctually pull off a backflip, very nimble in rl, with a high crew survival rate in a crash due to a very well designed cockpit. I'm hoping EA/Dice recognise this, and reflect it somehow in game.

Also saw that the new transport helo is a small and nimble helo (was it the Gazelle? Couldn't tell), probably faster and more nimble then all of the existing transport helos and smaller, allowing it to make rapid, precision troop insertions around a map, and probably better allowing it to avoid incoming fire (u can dodge even a head-on AA missile with the attack helos due to their agility, but haven't managed to in a blackhawk yet).

As to the Apache and Hind in SF, I've haven't flown them much, but from wot experience I have had with them I can say the Apache felt much 'heavier' then any of the attack choppers in vanilla BF2, which is bs, as it should be more nimble then the Havok or Hind.

And the new Tanks, a Challenger 2, and the Predator 2A6, the Challenger is basicly the British equivelent of the Abrams, though not complete sure of it's rl specs, whereas the Predator is a lighter, faster tank, possible been introduced instead of giving the European Forces an APC? Unless they also use the LAV-25 Stryker. Both the Challenger and the Abrams outmatch a T-90, however due to a collision mesh problem with the Abrams, it is at a disadvantage due to taking far more dmg from rough terrain then a T-90, making the T-90 the better tank in BF2.

Last edited by Silverwolf (2006-01-16 16:54:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard