theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6398|6 feet under

ethrion wrote:

theit57 wrote:

The Marines Do Not Fly Blackhawks, The Navy/marine Corps Fly's Seahawks. I Keep Seeing This Everywhere.
Isnt there a type of helicopter called the SeaKing? I'm sure its massive and was incl in Desert Combat...

p.s. Anyone know if the attack helo is correct? Right helmets etc...
yes there is such think as the sea king, yes it is fairly massive; used mostly for SAR (search and rescue)
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6477|San Diego, CA

cowami wrote:

theit57 wrote:

The Marines Do Not Fly Blackhawks, The Navy/marine Corps Fly's Seahawks. I Keep Seeing This Everywhere.
Yes, but then again, there's no F/A-18s on the USS Essex, but you don't see that changing anytime, eh?

Nor do they fly A-10 Warthogs.
In PR there are F-18s on the Carrier
Drexel
+43|6476|Philadelphia
Marines don't use the M24 either...
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
BF2=Arcade shooter

NOT A SIM
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
In real life you can't take 300 .50 cal rounds,50 grenades,10 tank rounds,then fall off a 200 foot high building and get a jet to crash into you at 800 MPH then get shot in the head with a hellfire missle then have a friend run over and zap you.Brining you back to life.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6327|105 RVK

This is what makes BF2 stand out from all other realism games people.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6492
^ Apart from you cant do that now.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6327|105 RVK

Doggehspike wrote:

^ Apart from you cant do that now.
I've seen you play 1.03 so u can
RasorX
+17|6743|Indianapolis

Simon wrote:

BF2=Arcade shooter

NOT A SIM
QFT

PEOPLE, STOP TRYING TO INJECT REALISM INTO THIS GAME!  Too much realism = very stupid game.  After playing for a certain amount of hours should you be forced to sit down and eat an MRE too? And then have to poop in the woods? 

Stupid.

Edit: for clarity

Last edited by RasorX (2007-04-11 12:40:01)

Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK

RasorX wrote:

Simon wrote:

BF2=Arcade shooter

NOT A SIM
STOP TRYING TO INJECT REALISM INTO THIS GAME!  Too much realism = very stupid game.  After playing for a certain amount of hours should you be forced to sit down and eat an MRE too? And then have to poop in the woods? 

Stupid.
Wow.

You are a fucking tard.
I was explaining to all these people that the reason you can jump off a 600ft builing and come back to life, the reason grandes have no effect on you if you are behind a 2inch wall, the reason that people can jump 4ft in the air and have perfect accuracy, the reason a ERYX can hit you in the face without the shooter feeling any recoil, the reason that so many vehicles/guns are not in the proper roles is because BF2 ISN'T a Simulator, BF2 is an ACRADE SHOOTER. Where the fuck in my post did you get the impression in was trying to inject realism into BF2?

Jesus.
jord

Simon wrote:

RasorX wrote:

Simon wrote:

BF2=Arcade shooter

NOT A SIM
STOP TRYING TO INJECT REALISM INTO THIS GAME!  Too much realism = very stupid game.  After playing for a certain amount of hours should you be forced to sit down and eat an MRE too? And then have to poop in the woods? 

Stupid.
Wow.

You are a fucking tard.
I was explaining to all these people that the reason you can jump off a 600ft builing and come back to life, the reason grandes have no effect on you if you are behind a 2inch wall, the reason that people can jump 4ft in the air and have perfect accuracy, the reason a ERYX can hit you in the face without the shooter feeling any recoil, the reason that so many vehicles/guns are not in the proper roles is because BF2 ISN'T a Simulator, BF2 is an ACRADE SHOOTER. Where the fuck in my post did you get the impression in was trying to inject realism into BF2?

Jesus.
That was almost as good as my explanation.Almost.
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK

jord wrote:

Simon wrote:

RasorX wrote:

Stupid.
Wow.

You are a fucking tard.

Jesus.
I could come up with something better I'm just too lazy
nlsme
+48|6415|new york
Umm, the marines DO use blackhawks as well. Far more often then you might think.
jord

Simon wrote:

jord wrote:

Simon wrote:

Wow.

You are a fucking tard.

Jesus.
I could come up with something better I'm just too lazy
You probably could,but then i'd come up with something better than that.

It's an endless cycle.
RasorX
+17|6743|Indianapolis

Simon wrote:

RasorX wrote:

Simon wrote:

BF2=Arcade shooter

NOT A SIM

Stupid.
Wow.

You are a fucking tard.

Jesus.
Uh, is this some kind of test??

I was quoting you because i agreed with you, i was trying to nail home your point.  So does agreeing with you make me a tard?
jord

RasorX wrote:

Simon wrote:

RasorX wrote:

Stupid.
Wow.

You are a fucking tard.

Jesus.

When you quote someone it generally means you are addressing them.

I was quoting you because i agreed with you, i was trying to nail home your point.  So does agreeing with you make me a tard?
When you quote someone, it generally means you are addressing them.

Last edited by jord (2007-04-11 12:36:27)

Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK

RasorX wrote:

Simon wrote:

RasorX wrote:

Stupid.
Wow.

You are a fucking tard.

Jesus.

It seemed to me like you were callimg me stupid etc, you quoted me then started ranting, not exactly choosing your words, can you see where your coming from? And when you quote someone it means you are typing to them.

Anyway thankyou for agreeing with me.

Last edited by Simon (2007-04-11 12:39:22)

l41e
+677|6648

.robzored. wrote:

If we really really wanted to be realistic there would be no PLA either, as the US would have bombed the country off the face of the earth.
Yeah, because that worked so well in Vietnam.

Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) killed in action: 230000.
United States killed in action: 58000.

Keep in mind that we "bombed them back to the stone age".
Inimicus_7
+26|6361|England, UK

Hobie819 wrote:

if you look at a pilot's helmet (I did this standing on an F-35 looking into cockpit with an M24) it says "Air Force" On it.
On that note, the F-35 shown in BF2 is the marine variant of it. The air force version will not have VTOL capabilities, nor does the air force fly F/A 18's (assuming the helmet looks the same in an F-18), however they do fly F-15's.
Erm, actually the F35 is capable of VTOL, but the marines can't use any form of it due to headwinds...etc on ships.

And also they are removing the use of VTO, they will be able to land vertically, but not take off vertically, the F35 is capable of it, but it's too unstable and has been proved so through testing. The F35B will be capable of 'short' take off, e.g. it won't need a long runway.

But again, BF is not meant to be -that- realistic just be based around realistic items.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA

PvtStPoK's member title wrote:

paintball > bf2
/Win
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6536|Las Vegas

cowami wrote:

theit57 wrote:

Yes, but then again, there's no F/A-18s on the USS Essex, but you don't see that changing anytime, eh?

Ya, and where is the GD LCAC??? LOL
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6500|Valley of the Dragons

Snipingruven wrote:

cowami wrote:

theit57 wrote:

Ya, and where is the GD LCAC??? LOL
Its doing laps on your ass.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6398|6 feet under

RasorX wrote:

Simon wrote:

BF2=Arcade shooter

NOT A SIM
QFT

PEOPLE, STOP TRYING TO INJECT REALISM INTO THIS GAME!  Too much realism = very stupid game.  After playing for a certain amount of hours should you be forced to sit down and eat an MRE too? And then have to poop in the woods? 

Stupid.

Edit: for clarity
I'm not trying to inject that much realism, as PR has too much (my opinion after playing it for a little while), however, a little bit more would be a little nice. As i stated earler, you should need a pilot kit for say flying. But other than that, I agree with you. Other than that, I brought this thread up to merely point out the fact that it is supposed to be a seahawk, not a blackhawk. this topic kinda/sorta got off topic (just a little, not much though). Any other thoughts on realism in BF2 are welcome.

Last edited by theit57 (2007-04-11 21:07:15)

I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6370|Ohio
The blackhawk and the seahawk are practically the same chopper.  There may be a few differences, but they are the same basic airframe.  Problem is that the chopper shouldn't be the CH-60 it should be the CH-46 or the CH-53 which are the primary transport helos. 

Besides the fact that the Marines don't fly F-15s, isn't it supposed to be one of the best fighter aircraft that the US has.  So, why is it only slightly better than the F35?  Oh wait it's because the USMC needed another pos jet in bf2.

Also everyone wears body armor in rl, sept maybe spec-ops on a covert mission.

Last edited by I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I (2007-04-12 01:00:13)

agent146
+127|6386|Jesus Land aka Canada
UHMMM for realism?  tanks, jeeps, and jets should run out of gas and need to be refueled... HAHA at a gas station, plus bombs must be loaded manually but ground troops on to the jet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard