Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
ok, so i ran into a killer deal that i have nine days to act on.
im getting a stencil made so that i can etch a logo onto my blades. i already do this now, but i just do my initials when requested to put a mark. it is usually a pretty expensive process to have your artwork made into a stencil, but a fellow blacksmith is doing a few people favors and i am one of them.....as long as i can get my design to him by the 19th.
so here is my dilemma......
what do you guys think would make a good mark?
the only thing i NEED to have on there is my name.
however i want something that will make my knives stand out that much more.....when people search for me as a maker years down the road i want them to be able to glance at the mark and KNOW its a Parker Custom.
i have found my families crest from ireland, and i think it would look pretty nice, however it does have alot of lines and the more lines there are the more chances for a fuck up.
anyway, what do you all think?
any input would be much appreciated.
Parker
Parker
isteal
come on, i know some motherfuckers here can think of something.......
Entertayner
+826|6540

You just lost everyone's respect you may have had before along with any chance you have of getting a reply.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Entertayner wrote:

You just lost everyone's respect you may have had before along with any chance you have of getting a reply.
I am pretty sure he was kidding Entertayner...

Parker, it really depends on the details the Mark can go into. Most of the things desgners do are very complicated and impossible to put into a Mark.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

maybe a pic of a dude doing a backflip with parker written somewhere, Parker Parkour get it.... nevermind
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

i thought you were talking about the bourbon. How about just Pc82 substitute whatever yr you were born.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Parker
isteal

Entertayner wrote:

a) its a video game website....your respect is about as valuable to me as this stupid ass karma shit.
b) i dont see how i would have lost said valuable respect.
c) most people here are extremely quick to give opinions on whatever topic they see. (see your post above)
d) i need ideas for a makers mark for my knives. i have had all sorts of people give their opinions on my actual knives, now i need some help with this. if you dont have any ideas please feel free to stay the fuck out of this thread.
e) ill get plenty of replies from the people that are interested.
thanks, have a better day.

zimmer, i was worried about the fact that everyone here uses very intricate designs......its not the actual design im looking for, just ideas as to what you would associate with one of my knives.
i was thinking of like a hammer and anvil, but how fucking lame is that? that is some pretty vanilla shit....i just want something that people see and instantly associate with my knives.
benchmade has their butterfly.......not that i want a fucking butterfly on my knives, but i need something.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

How about a knife half opened with Parker on the blade?
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6700|Michigan
My idea...
Maybe try (parker) written uniquley with a knife underline.
Or, you could go with an animal you like.
It should be of something that means means something special to you as you put your heart and soul into your knives.
You want people 100 years from now to look at your design and be able to put a story behind it.
Take some serious time thinking about it like this weekend.
Good luck!
Parker
isteal
i like that.
gonna go mess with it and see what i come up with.
luckily i can print directly from photoshop and send them that to make the stencil.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
An animal thats close to you?
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6700|Michigan

Simon wrote:

An animal thats close to you?
Some people like to hunt or fish... I was doing what Parker asked... I was giving ideas. Excuse me.
Surgeons

maybe a bear fucking a sheep in the ass ?
Parker
isteal

surgeon_bond wrote:

ok, that was your second lame attempt at humor.....go do it in a different thread.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

Parker wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

ok, that was your second lame attempt at humor.....go do it in a different thread.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6613

i like the animal thing. if not that, try anything that means a lot to you ( like the crest ) only simplify it a bit to be more like a symbol or logo, less like a tiny picture. maybe your initials, or a p and c (parker custom right?) only stylized and then have the text small. if you would like me to come up with actual images just ask (although i think its more personal if you do it, since they are you hand made knives).

most people do 'complicated stuff' because that what people want. like my sigs: people request them that way. as soon as i get a request for something simple, ill make it simple...like the cREE logo. im sure the guys around here could do it if they put their minds to it.

good luck though, post the design when/if you come up with one.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Parker wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

a) its a video game website....your respect is about as valuable to me as this stupid ass karma shit.
b) i dont see how i would have lost said valuable respect.
c) most people here are extremely quick to give opinions on whatever topic they see. (see your post above)
d) i need ideas for a makers mark for my knives. i have had all sorts of people give their opinions on my actual knives, now i need some help with this. if you dont have any ideas please feel free to stay the fuck out of this thread.
e) ill get plenty of replies from the people that are interested.
thanks, have a better day.
Now you've lost my respect.

Because I'm nice: Just try something with calligraphy - try making a fancy P or something.

-konfusion
Surgeons

Simon wrote:

Parker wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

you havent seen TMo's sig then nvm, cya
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
I threw something together quickly that could be worked on...

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/FFLink13/parker.png

It has no graphics in it though, but I can adapt to your needs if you like the look of it.
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I think you should add something like Parker Seniour or Parker Jouniour or Parker III

It might sound stupid at first glance but point is it implies longer family tradition of knife making which automaticaly implies high quality. Its just the way people think SPECIALY when its about custom made things.

And im not saying you need to trick people in to buying you knives, I remember the pictures and you do good work.
Parker
isteal
thanks for all the responses.
FFLink that is very badass, and i will probably use that in conjunction with something else. thank you.

zeidman, you are pretty damn good at marketing. what you just pointed out in that post goes much deeper in this industry than you would think. i am very lucky to have the last name that i do......i like my work and so do my customers, but im the very first to admit that i am NOWHERE near my mentors in terms of anything. for some reason my last name seems to help inspire confidence in my customers.
thanks again for all the ideas everyone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard