OpsChief
+101|6681|Southern California
Ban ballerinas.

You know the people I am talkin about. The bunny hopping totally rediculous unreal tactic still allowed that makes BF2 a 1980's video arcade karate game. Show me one-in-a-thousand or ten thousand who can vertically jump 4-6 feet while running and firing at a range of more than 30 meters who can actually hit the broadside of the planet earth and i will delete my post. It is true that adrenaline can get you to do some amazing things. I have jumped a triple-stranded conertina wire obstacle (a 6'deepx5'high triangular razor wired fence) at a dead run, but....shoot and hit something too? 5 times in a row? under fire? btw i wasnt carrying 5 AT missiles or body armor, only LBE and an M16. Try arming and firing an AT missile and hitting a target while completing 5-6 prancing leaps? lol right....

Vertical jumping should have a limit of 1.5 repetitions and then fatigue the soldier like the sprinting does. Or have each succesive jump be reduced by 1/4-1/5th max verticle height until fatigue sets in and recovers like sprinting.

Oh btw This is not like Olympic Hurdlers who are wearing 4 lbs of clothing and running in a straight line for 100 meters with a 1 hour between heats or 7 days between matches recovery time.

no hopping
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6746
Thats why in the new patch they are making it impossible to jump and fire at the same time...
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6781|Scotland!!!

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

Thats why in the new patch they are making it impossible to jump and fire at the same time...
yep, i cant wait for this, should help me stay alive a little longer sometimes on karkand    man how i hate being shot an dieing when it was a bunny hopper that shot you
Cpl.Jordan
+3|6700
As much as I like anything that reduces the bunny-hopping, I think EA is making the wrong fix on this. It is, after all, possible to jump and fire a weapon. It is just quite inaccurate. They should really just apply another level of deviation for firing in midair and then make only one jump possible once the sprint bar is at zero. That would make hopping ineffective but not take out the sometimes useful tactice of jumping once or twice and firing (which is often needed to get close enough to hit somebody with say a shotgun)
bgthigfist
+0|6810
Hey, lets try and start 100 new patches about hating bunny hopping, dolphin diving, and noob toobing before the next patch comes out.  Look at it as a challenge...
gumtree
+0|6681
Hardly realistic though, is it?  How often do you see real troops jumping around a battlefield, shotguns or not?

I think that the jump height is too high anyway, irrespective of whether its used in combat or traversing terrain, a fully laden soldier shouldn't be able to jump that high.  Surely it'd be better to reduce the jump height and/or introduce fatigue for jumping, but allow a soldier to attain the original height if they are trying to jump up onto or over something, like sandbags etc.

I think whatever the fix though, it's got to be better than these damn idiots running around at the moment who start bunny hopping the minute they start taking fire.
OpsChief
+101|6681|Southern California
roo tubers always defend themselves with personal attacks. whats that all about?

The fact is an Anti-Tank Missile does not instantly leave the tube launcher....since all of you have armed and fired these AT missiles on real gunnery ranges or in combat you know this. The coding in BF2 seems to make it act like a bullet. If you launch a fire-and-forget missile while in mid jump you need to float still and steady for .3-.5 seconds to avoid throwing off your aim. Hitting a target with an SMG at close range while hopping is possible. But a point target weapon? lol

Lets just add anti-gravity 2-plane gyrostabilized belts so roo tubing will make more sense....

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-01-20 17:13:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard