Jem250
+4|6260|Bath, UK

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

You can get your Expert Ground Defence badge by sitting in a TOW at a friendly base as commander and artillerying people. That's how I got mine!
You can probably do the same with Air Defence, but I'd rather Linebacker-Whore on Dragon Valley! Booya
Yep, Expert Air Defence from the carrier on Wake.

Medihacks can teleport through the floor and end up 1m below you.
Profitteroles
+11|6264|Dartford
It's possible to hit your target with USMC support gun while standing tricky but possible
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6325

Missionless wrote:

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

You can get your Expert Ground Defence badge by sitting in a TOW at a friendly base as commander and artillerying people. That's how I got mine!
You can probably do the same with Air Defence, but I'd rather Linebacker-Whore on Dragon Valley! Booya
LOL!

im gonna do that
evry1 knew that... except you
I may not have known that, but im sure everyone here knows that your an asshole
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6407|the land of bourbon
u can put C4 on any barricade, when a vehicles hits it... BOOM!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Jem250
+4|6260|Bath, UK

Profitteroles wrote:

It's possible to hit your target with USMC support gun while standing tricky but possible
Surely you lie sir??!?!
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6437|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
People who lay on the hood or in back of your vehicle, but dont actually sit in it become HUGE.
Like this:
https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/SplinterStrike/screen120.jpg
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6422
This is one which most people I guess know:
When someone's feet are sticking out of a object or other limbs you can hit them and even kill them eventually.

The one I'm trying is to see if you can kill the Chinese AA site with the USS Essex gun

Last edited by kmt (2007-04-10 10:02:50)

BlackKoala
+215|6351

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

- You have more of a chance of killing someone by firing a Shotgun out the doors of a Blackhawk than using the miniguns.
Speaking of which, we were BHing wake the other day, and I was engy in the back.  I got it repaired, and started shooting out the back of the chopper.  Sure enough, I popped some gun in the face with my M11-87 from about 30M up.  Good stuff.
$h0ck3r
"There is a problem with your connection"
+23|6867
The one I'm trying is to see if you can kill the Chinese AA site with the USS Essex gun
now that would be kool

Last edited by $h0ck3r (2007-04-10 10:10:56)

lynxlyran
+15|6670
Kubra, Bridgebase, corner of the stairs next to the wheelbarrow.

There is a hole where you can see through and shoot anyone who has climbed the ladder from below and stopped to cap the flag.
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6422

$h0ck3r wrote:

now that would be kool
I just tryed it and I can barely hit the boats. Let alone hitting the Chinese AA site! It's also beyond the fog
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6349|Graz, Austria
Check the "secret & quirks section" on each of the EF and AF maps. http://wiki.bf2s.com/maps
Lots of interesting removed stuff and eastereggs.

Also, the gas pumps at the gas station on Road Rage read "$/litre", which is quite odd since it uses 1) the British English version of liter and 2) uses litre instead of gallons although the map is supposedly located in the USA.

On the same map there some traffic signs that definitely are European not US American. Seems the DICE people where to lazy and just photographed them in Stockholm.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6438|Michigan, USA

oooo, I love this thread!  Keep them coming! (if you can ) +1 to OP!
ReTox
+100|6525|State of RETOXification
Map Specific -

Fushee Pass - As commander you can go down to the pumping stations, climb down the ladder of the one nearest the river and walk to the back wall.  You'll see a pipe that sits just above the ground.  Stand on top and behind that and it's almost impossible to get killed.  Pretty much every game of Fushee that I've played as commander I've been right in the middle of the scrum and came through without a scratch.  I've even had people try to come and find me without any luck.

Ghost Town -  At the Upper North Side as AT or assault.  You can use the grappling hook to get into the balconies at the back and easily own everyone trying to come from the upper south side.  Other balconies are the same but I find that a great choke point.  Most people are watching the stairs for enemies and not 30 feet directly above them!  Use the G3 on single shot and DAMN!

Karkand - Spawn at the square and move toward the hotel to go on top of that building the nader's like to use to spawn camp the hotel in IO.  Climb up on the railing nearest the hotel and run towards the right side building jumping just at the end of the railing.  You can jump onto the other building and have wicked easy sniping of the US coming down the main road, you can also reach them trying to sneak up and over the west hills toward the burbs.

Warlord - Zip line Madness!  From just about any roof top apart from the Mosque or the Palace you can zip line to any other roof top.  I've done 50+ zip lines in a game and been able to cover, as a sniper, almost the whole map.  If your squad mate is support you have it made.

Misc Tactics -

C4 Jumping Any Map /w FF=Off - I've seen many people trying to C4 jump by laying 5 all in the same spot and standing on it.  They get blown up into the air and try to use their chute to come down on the top of a building, usually clipping the side and falling to their death.  Well C4 sends things flying in any direction related to the AOA so use it to propel you forward as well as up.  I lay 2 side by side and one about 2' in front of those two.  I run and when just on top of the forward single C4 I detonate.  Beautiful ballistic arc and I land safely and soundly every time.  I rarely need to use all 5 and can pretty much get onto any building.

Any map FF=Off as Sniper - Place your claymores back to back [IE: () ] and lay on top of them.  Anyone seeing you as an easy knife kill will get a nice surprise.

Even if you are not spec-op you can sometimes scare tankers out of their tank just by running up to it and squatting.  They think you're planting and bail out... free tank for you.  True it doesn't always work but when you're out of ammo you might as well "wtf it" mate!

Be a Grenadier! - Nades bounce really well.  Bouncing them off walls and door jams makes for easy cleaning of an entrenched position.  It also makes it easier to get nades on roof tops that others just throw right over top of.  The same tactic kind of applies now to the noob-tube as well since EA added the bouncing round.  Although nades will bounce more than once.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6349|Graz, Austria
Ghost Town:
When playing commander on the SAS side you can nicely hide in the water filled tunnel below the building at the SAS spawn.
There's an alcove in there where you can hardly get hit by any weapons.
Only the grenade launcher, an APC's gun and TOW missile and maybe handgrenades will reach it and deal more or less splash damage.
https://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6905/screen003yx7.th.jpg
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6516|Menlo Park, CA

SplinterStrike wrote:

As the driver of a vehicle, you will always bail out on the left side of your vehicle unless there is an object of substansial size blocking your exit while stationary, in which case you bail to the right. You will always bail on the left if you're moving, which can end up with you having a threesome with the wall and your car.
Umm not quite. . . .

In special forces you always exit on the right when your driving in the ATV. . . .
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6259|Albion

globefish23 wrote:

Ghost Town:
When playing commander on the SAS side you can nicely hide in the water filled tunnel below the building at the SAS spawn.
There's an alcove in there where you can hardly get hit by any weapons.
Only the grenade launcher, an APC's gun and TOW missile and maybe handgrenades will reach it and deal more or less splash damage.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6905 … yx7.th.jpg
lol the SAS commander scared the crap out of me when i ran into him there today, never seen it before. hand grenades can get him though, just.

ghost town.

the hotel between the convoy and water front, if you have a hook you can bypass the ladder. go into the alleyway behind it climb up the fire escape, go to the narrow face that is on the spetz side and hook, climb, stab.

also the convoy roof top has three ladders, the first two are well known but the third seems to be ignored or forgotten by most.

crappy map
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6353

jord wrote:

Right clicking with a grenade out gives you infinate 'nades.
This tactic works best when your hidden somewhere. Say a short, narrow hallway. Or if your prone somewhere and can't easily be seen. Make sure you got 2-3 friendlies near by also. They get infinite 'nades as well.

My best kept sercrets Ill keep to myself thank you. Like taking out commander assets by jumping and knifing repeatedly...It really works. It might draw attention but screw em! Show that bastard commander whos the boss.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-04-10 16:39:20)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6311|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Yes, I realize my "fact" was incorrect.

I also realize that if these were unknown, nobody would be posting.
twiistaaa
+87|6694|mexico

chittydog wrote:

Shouldn't this be called "Little-Known Facts"? If they're unknown, it means nobody knows about them.
unknown to the great population
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6674|Norway
You can take out all the vehicles on the carrier on dalian plant from land with a tanks.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6315|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Undetected_Killer wrote:

And who proved you wrong?

Take that "nubtard".
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

cowami wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Take that "nubtard".
This is the last time I'm rezing a thread.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6438|Michigan, USA

Undetected_Killer wrote:

cowami wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Take that "nubtard".
Then I'll do it for you [Bump]
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?

commandochristian wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

cowami wrote:

Take that "nubtard".
Then I'll do it for you [Bump]
<3 <3 <3

No, I'm not gay.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard