Le fuck?
+98|6287|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Pros: You have an awesome God.
Cons:....
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
This isn't going to go well for you.
I'd suggest a delete and some time pondering the meaning of life.
Jet Blast
Banned
+15|6235
lol
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

theelviscerator wrote:

Discuss.

The pros and cons of Islam.

good luck with finding some pros!
This is a rare moment where you and I have similar sympathies.

Islam definitely has some problems at the moment, but yeah, this thread is as good as dead.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6287|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Cons:...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Cons:...
We read it the first time.
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
there is nothing wrong with Islam but there is defiantly something wrong with crazy jerks who use religion, twist it, and start blowing up shit. therefore the con is: fundamentalist Islamic jihads.
but hey you had your fundamentalist Christians with the crusades and the Spanish Inquisition.
some people say that zionist are fundalmentalist jews
and now you got fundalmentalist muslims... i says its just the flavour the day.
ATG
Banned
Well, this ass pimple of a thread didn't get closed, so lets take this moment read from the koran, shall we?

Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks.... And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain. He will guide them and improve their state, and bring them in unto the Garden [Paradise—DM] which He hath made known to them (Surah 47:4-6, emp. added).

O ye who believe! Be not as those who disbelieved and said of their brethren who went abroad in the land or were fighting in the field: If they had been (here) with us they would not have died or been killed.... And what though ye be slain in Allah’s way or die therein? Surely pardon from Allah and mercy are better than all that they amass. What though ye be slain or die, when unto Allah ye are gathered?.... So those who...fought and were slain, verily I shall remit their evil deeds from them and verily I shall bring them into Gardens underneath which rivers flow—a reward from Allah (Surah 3:156-158,195, emp. added).

Hence, the Muslim is forced to maintain the self-contradictory position that, yes, there have been times that Islam has been properly violent and, yes, the Quran does endorse violence, but, no, most Muslims are not violent, and then only in self-defense. As reprehensible and cowardly as Islamic terrorists have shown themselves to be in recent years, an honest reading of the Quran leads one to believe that they, at least, are more consistent with, and true to, their own Scriptures—as revolting an idea as that may be.
source
http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2702
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont
You're not really gonna score points by quoting the Koran. Pretty much every religious text has some wacky shit in it. Like the Bible for example:

Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death - Exodus 22:19

Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones.... every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy - Judges 21:10-12

The Bible endorses violence all the time. It's easy to look at just a few words from here and there in the text and forget about the overall meaning.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2007-04-09 22:24:51)

maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6422|Melbourne, AUS

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

You're not really gonna score points by quoting the Koran. Pretty much every religious text has some wacky shit in it. Like the Bible for example:

Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones.... every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy - Judges 21:10-12

The Bible endorses violence all the time. It's easy to look at just a few words from here and there in the text and forget about the overall meaning.
Oh? Every religion? I don't see any of that killing stuff in the Buddhist sutras for example...

As for Islam - don't blame the religion, but the constituents that practise it.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

maffiaw wrote:

Oh? Every religion? I don't see any of that killing stuff in the Buddhist sutras for example...
Hmmmm. Maybe I can clarify a bit here...

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

Pretty much every religious text
I can see why it might have been easy to miss that part before I made it bold and underlined...

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2007-04-09 22:32:37)

ATG
Banned

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

I see no difference in the books. All the same gobbledgook.
https://i16.tinypic.com/2m3laqe.jpg
Smitty5613
+46|6528|Middle of nowhere, California
pros: you dont need BF2 to kill people and you can have like 10 wives
cons: everyone else hates you and your 10 wives look like men
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

ATG wrote:

That's precisely my point. If you want to discredit religions that advocate violence in their sacred texts then you are wrong to single out Islam.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

Smitty5613 wrote:

pros: you dont need BF2 to kill people and you can have like 10 wives
cons: everyone else hates you and your 10 wives look like men
Perhaps you're thinking of Mormonism with the polygamy thing, but even the Mormon Church has outlawed polygamy. Just because it's mentioned in the Koran doesn't mean that people practice it on a broad scale. There are polygamous men in the Bible as well.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2007-04-09 22:38:56)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

agent146 wrote:

there is nothing wrong with Islam but there is defiantly something wrong with crazy jerks who use religion, twist it, and start blowing up shit. therefore the con is: fundamentalist Islamic jihads.
but hey you had your fundamentalist Christians with the crusades and the Spanish Inquisition.
some people say that zionist are fundalmentalist jews
and now you got fundalmentalist muslims... i says its just the flavour the day.
You have to go back hundreds of years to make the comparison between the two? Why not talk modern?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

Kmarion wrote:

You have to go back hundreds of years to make the comparison between the two? Why not talk modern?
Okay lets talk about fundamentalist Christians who decide that they're going to blow up abortion clinics.

QED

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2007-04-09 22:40:37)

ATG
Banned

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

ATG wrote:

That's precisely my point. If you want to discredit religions that advocate violence in their sacred texts then you are wrong to single out Islam.
erm, point me to the suicide bombing, hacking heads off christian group and I'll concede the point.

I bash on Bible thumpers plenty.

I single out religious fanatics of all sorts as dangerous.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Okay lets talk about fundamentalist Christians who decide that they're going to blow up abortion clinics.

QED
You wanna go tit for tat?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary
i'm staying out of this one until I sober up   
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

Kmarion wrote:

I'm not going to try to equate the level of Christian fundamentalist violence with the level of fundamentalist Muslim violence if that's what you mean. You asked for a modern example and I supplied one. Islamic fundamentalist violence is higher today than Christian by a wide margin but it hasn't always been that way and won't necessarily always be that way.

I just don't buy the argument that there is something inherent in the Muslim faith that makes it more susceptible to fundamentalist thinking than any other religion.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2007-04-09 22:46:53)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Pros: You have an awesome God.
Cons:....
....wahabists.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I'm not going to try to equate the level of Christian fundamentalist violence with the level of fundamentalist Muslim violence if that's what you mean. You asked for a modern example and I supplied one. Islamic fundamentalist violence is higher today than Christian by a wide margin but it hasn't always been that way and won't necessarily always be that way.
I'm more worried about the present.

Much of it is misinterpreted.

If I wanted to spread fear I would just tell you to read these books.

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-Muham … 1596980281
http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Islamic-Tole … 42-5104107
http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incor … 42-5104107
http://www.amazon.com/Islam-Unveiled-Di … amp;sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Onward-Muslim-Sol … amp;sr=1-1

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-09 22:55:04)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
As Kr@cker once said ( RIP ) " It is not Christianities ugly past that concerns me, it's Islams ugly present. "

Damn I miss that guy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard