Poll

Does the mouse you have make a difference in gameplay?

Yes78%78% - 131
No11%11% - 20
Who Cares9%9% - 16
Total: 167
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Yes. My old one suddenly stopped working. Its taken me a while to get used to my new one for choppering, and I still find it harder to use. Circling the Apache is a lot harder now than it once was.
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6230|Switzerland
I have a Logitech MX518 and a Dell Standard Mousepad, and i think i couln't play with a rubber ball mouse or even a better laser mouse cause i'm so used to my mouse now...

So yes, the mouse u r playin with makes a difference, but it's also a question of getting used to it.

(I hope that is formulated correctly^^)
String3R
+15|6231

some_random_panda wrote:

Yes, my Logitech MX 3000 laser is far more accurate than my old trackball, plus the trackball used to pick up all sorts of rubbish on its surface, causing my rightward movements to be non-existent.
agreed i have the same
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
I was using an old mouse and then I tested it using mouserate and it was barely moving at 50hz, since I could not overclock it i switched to an mx518 which logs 124hz and the control is soooooo much better, its finer, doesnt argue with the surface its on and never lags no matter how fast I swing it.
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6479|Liverpool, England
Yes i have had a mx518 for 2 years bought a copperhead and i coyldent adjust at all flogged it now.
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6697|South Africa
Yes. MX-518. Gaming improved the day i got it.

Extra Buttons.
On the fly sens changing.
Responsive as a twitching psycopath.

Love it.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord
Hell yeah.

Good mouse > sucky mouse, especially if you have a high-spec machine that can take advantage of USB2 or something like that.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6454
MX-518 myself.  Love it.  Definitely made made me better....or at least faster.....at certain things.  I love the programmable buttons and sensitivity adjustment.  The high sensitivity makes piloting choppers much better.

KiL
Kulamonster3
+0|6548
Heck yeah!!!   I noticed a big difference going from my RAZER Diamondback 1600dpi mouse (which is a damn good mouse) to the even better Copperhead 2000dpi mouse!!!
Simon
basically
+838|6660|UK
no not atall

my crappy £10 microsoft mouse owning those nubs with £100 mouses feels good
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Nope, I just have a plain old laser mouse. Although, I have to admit, inadvertently firing shots when you accidentally double-click the mouse pad thing on a laptop is really annoying (especially if you take out the grenade launcher or rocket launcher and blow yourself and some teammates away).
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA
sure its does!

I have 5 buttons on my mouse, and they all serve a purpose "in-game".  If I can press a button on my mouse, as opposed to searching for the button I need mid-firefight I generally stay alive!

I love having my VOIP button on the side of the mouse, it makes communication faster and easier.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
I dont understand all the fuss about the gaming mice. Im using a 20 dollar optic mouse and I seem to be doing just fine. As long as you just set up the sensitivity to the proper settings in game you can have the same twitchyness that you guys with ur gaming mice seek. I play CSS and 1.6 at 20 sensitivity which might be way to sensitive for most people same with BF2 you just crank up the slider and boom you got a 20 dollar gaming mouse.
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK

ShadowFoX wrote:

I dont understand all the fuss about the gaming mice. Im using a 20 dollar optic mouse and I seem to be doing just fine. As long as you just set up the sensitivity to the proper settings in game you can have the same twitchyness that you guys with ur gaming mice seek. I play CSS and 1.6 at 20 sensitivity which might be way to sensitive for most people same with BF2 you just crank up the slider and boom you got a 20 dollar gaming mouse.
its not about twitchyness or high sensitivity, anyone can set high sens - youd realise how different it is if you tried it.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6346|New York
I recently switched from an old Dell track-ball mouse to the Saitek GM3200 and I could never go back.  If you're a serious gamer who spends thousands on Video cards, processors, Etc., then it's a no brainer to drop $50 for a decent mouse.
DooM
+28|6308
Dunno atm im using a miniture wireless laptop mouse.
Maxxxie74
+25|6572|Brisbane, Australia
I went from a microsoft wireless mouse to a G7 and noticed a world of difference!  Then I went from the G7 to a Copperhead and improved 100% easily.  I used to average 5 or 6 kills a round (sniper).  Now I'm averaging 20+.  I'm not using these numbers as proof of my leetness, just that the mouse has made a huge difference to the outcome.

Max
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
yes it matters, i use a standard laser microsoft mouse (12 bucks) i like it its light but i admit the laser makes my character spin like crazy when ever i lift up the mouse. my brother in law mouse is 89 bucks and its heavy and chunky and it just feels slow. my dad's wireless mouse just sucks
ethrion
+25|6395|Hong Kong @ the moment
In a word: Yes.

I have more buttons on my mouse than the standard 2 button mice and this allows me to bind other keys to the mouse like knife and pistol for example. Makes switching weapons in a sticky situation so much faster. A more effective killing machine as a result.
Shiffdaddy
+73|6335
I guess this is kind of a one sided vote.  IM thinking of getting a new mouse that is not insanely expensive but is better than my crap dell one.  Maybe the G5?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

Shiffdaddy wrote:

I guess this is kind of a one sided vote.  IM thinking of getting a new mouse that is not insanely expensive but is better than my crap dell one.  Maybe the G5?
The G5 is good, I have one here. Any mouse that has extra buttons can make for some real advantages when quick pistol or knife switching, reload, open parachute or whatever you want to assign to them are needed.

But if you primarily need a good pointing device and you're on a budget get a Microsoft optical mouse or an equivalent, they're absolutely fine.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
I had my regular crappy HP mouse until recently sure it works you get used to it but after i decided to try a new one ( G5 ) i really noticed the difference was crap in the start but now it feels like i´m quicker etc and the extra buttons is helpful especially when you can change your sensitivity with one button-click makes the Rorsch ( 2142 ) become a brutal superweapon
TuataraDude
+115|6524|Aotearoa

Marinejuana wrote:

i have a green razer diamondback and its killersweet.
Me too. I started using it about 6 weeks ago and prior to that I had a Microsoft Intellimouse Wireless. It has made a heack of a difference.

For the better. Oh, mine is red. It glows as well. Cooooool.

Last edited by TuataraDude (2007-04-10 01:36:03)

Crazy-Madness
+8|6486
I bought a Logitech G5 mouse  and  the first differences was at  a surfmap on CSS

wow... this headshots  were so easy   like my cross flies don the head with Deagle

oh man now i must play css  

but surfing was a lil bit  harder because   i was new  on the holding and moving   etc
|Rawon
Buyakashaa
+31|6425|NL-NH-DH
I think it does, actually I know it does. I used to have a crappy mouse now I bought the Razer Copperhead © (blue one) and my gameplay is much better. But tbh I only use 3 of the 5 buttons because the 2 on the right side are really dumb it doesn't add something only makes it harder to use
Oh and the mat I bought last week.. Works better but diff. so a little training and all should be good
Btw the wrist thing i got rid off that sukks for gaming.

https://img.zol.com.cn/article/4/726/liza1DIxj2XSA.jpg

https://img.zol.com.cn/article/4/724/liDfeUFetDZfc.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard