Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6297|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
This thread is to post about stuff you can do in-game that not many people know about. I'll start it off:

Did you know that if a Spec Ops player stands still, they are invisible to UAV and Commander Scan?

Show us your secrets!

OrangeHound (Mod):  This is a very old myth that has been proven wrong many times, see:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=358990#p358990
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6767|United States of America

Undetected_Killer wrote:

This thread is to post about stuff you can do in-game that not many people know about. I'll start it off:

Did you know that if a Spec Ops player stands still, they are invisible to UAV and Commander Scan?

Show us your secrets!
When I pull the trigger, nothing happens.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6456|The Land of Scott Walker

Miller wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Show us your secrets!
Hit R.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6662|The Netherlands

Miller wrote:

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Show us your secrets!
OMG HAX!! :@
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6577|England

- The loading screen for 32player surge is wrong. The redzone is incorrect.
See for yourself: http://wiki.bf2s.com/maps/battlefield-2 … 2p-redzone

- The loading screen (and ingame map) for Zatar is wrong. It shows a river crossing from the right of the  USMC uncap. Try finding it ingame. It leads to a village and a series of roads through the cliffs that you would be able to use to get around the side of the map - if it wasnt redzoned.
Hell, theres even explosive barrels on the piers.
Hence, Zatar was going to be even bigger

Last edited by Snake (2007-04-09 14:10:20)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6301|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Show us your secrets!
Actually, that's wrong.

Lookie here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=358990#p358990
He tested it, and spec ops still show up.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.
You're also supposed to be invisible if you're in a F3,F4 position in a transport.As long as you're in a seat were you can use kits weapons you will be invisible.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6422|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
As the driver of a vehicle, you will always bail out on the left side of your vehicle unless there is an object of substansial size blocking your exit while stationary, in which case you bail to the right. You will always bail on the left if you're moving, which can end up with you having a threesome with the wall and your car.
leetnagger
+1|6239
Do the weapons lose power over long distances? You all know how you take just 2-3 bars damage while getting shot at sometimes? How is that possible? Now if you look at damagetables in editors all weapons except snipers and M16 have other than 1 as factor for distance, does it mean they lose damage over distance? Because everyone know snipers don't lose power? I've never tested it but I've been under impressions that M16 is mor powerful over distances.
I{endo
+20|6428|berlin
You can enter the essex gun on the east by standing at the wall pressing <e>
chittydog
less busy
+586|6846|Kubra, Damn it!

Shouldn't this be called "Little-Known Facts"? If they're unknown, it means nobody knows about them.
leetnagger
+1|6239
In early versions (pre 1.12? and demo) you could wait for the chopper or jet next to the aircraft but not on the deck but on the edge of the support of the elevator the chopper was spawning on. When it spawned you were automatically "teleported" next to the chopper and if you held "E" you always got in. Same thing for jets, just wait in the closest spot not on the deck and you would get teleported.

In case you didn't understand here's a beautiful graphic:
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6161 … 3lwnz1.jpg

Note: as Snake said, it may still work in some places. And I'm pretty certain it works in some ground bases too.

Last edited by leetnagger (2007-04-09 14:48:49)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6577|England

leetnagger wrote:

In early versions (pre 1.12? and demo) you could wait for the chopper or jet next to the aircraft but not on the deck but on the edge of the support of the elevator the chopper was spawning on. When it spawned you were automatically "teleported" next to the chopper and if you help "E" you always got in. Same thing for jets, just wait in the closest spot not on the deck and you would get teleported.
You still get that on Iron Gator. Ive been running along inside the hangar bay and been teleported up to the HIND/Apache that has just spawned above me a few times in the past.
PluggedValve
+17|6351

leetnagger wrote:

Do the weapons lose power over long distances? You all know how you take just 2-3 bars damage while getting shot at sometimes? How is that possible? Now if you look at damagetables in editors all weapons except snipers and M16 have other than 1 as factor for distance, does it mean they lose damage over distance? Because everyone know snipers don't lose power? I've never tested it but I've been under impressions that M16 is mor powerful over distances.
I think they all feel more powerful over distance especially the M16.  Of course sometimes the shots dont hit dead on and only get the legs or arms, doing far less damage.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6278|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
You can get your Expert Ground Defence badge by sitting in a TOW at a friendly base as commander and artillerying people. That's how I got mine!
You can probably do the same with Air Defence, but I'd rather Linebacker-Whore on Dragon Valley! Booya
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6310

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

You can get your Expert Ground Defence badge by sitting in a TOW at a friendly base as commander and artillerying people. That's how I got mine!
You can probably do the same with Air Defence, but I'd rather Linebacker-Whore on Dragon Valley! Booya
LOL!

im gonna do that
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6422|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
The licence plate on the muscle car in AF is 2142
https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/SplinterStrike/screen121.jpg
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6339|105 RVK

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

LOL!

im gonna do that
evry1 knew that... except you
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6585

chittydog wrote:

Shouldn't this be called "Little-Known Facts"? If they're unknown, it means nobody knows about them.
we have a winner
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6542|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition

SplinterStrike wrote:

The licence plate on the muscle car in AF is 2142
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u47/ … een121.jpg
Easter Egg?

EDIT: gonna find that one.

Last edited by _NL_Lt.EngineerFox (2007-04-10 06:09:47)

Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6402|fåking denmark
The game called Battlefield 2 are very unrealistic...
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6731|Scotland

Missionless wrote:

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

LOL!

im gonna do that
lol and me!

/win.
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.
Right clicking with a grenade out gives you infinate 'nades.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6530|Adelaide, South Australia

- You have more of a chance of killing someone by firing a Shotgun out the doors of a Blackhawk than using the miniguns.

- Supply boxes are grenade magnets as well as dispensers.

- Claymores CAN be defused with the Almighty Wrench.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-04-10 06:31:10)

Smitty5613
+46|6538|Middle of nowhere, California

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

Missionless wrote:

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

LOL!

im gonna do that
lol and me!

/win.
and me

Board footer