{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida
So I got my orders for the base I am supposed to be stationed at.  Right now Im still in tech school, and will leave here in June.  Suprisingly though, it was a base I put on my dream sheet.  As of right now I am scheduled to be stationed at Hurlburt Field, FL, its an attachment to Eglin AFB in the Pensecola/Ft. Walton Beach/Destin area.  Pretty sweet assignment for my home base.  I really wanted a base in Florida to begin with, and actually Florida bases took up 5/8 spots on my dream sheet.

Something else that is pretty sweet about this base, its a Special Operations base.....I am slated to be attached to the 1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron.  What that entails I dont know, but one of my instructors told me that I will probably do very little police work and work with spec ops most of the time.  Sounds pretty sweet, but Ive got no idea what I will actually end up doing.  Only time will tell, so we will see.  But I figured I would just let you all know.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

So I got my orders for the base I am supposed to be stationed at.  Right now Im still in tech school, and will leave here in June.  Suprisingly though, it was a base I put on my dream sheet.  As of right now I am scheduled to be stationed at Hurlburt Field, FL, its an attachment to Eglin AFB in the Pensecola/Ft. Walton Beach/Destin area.  Pretty sweet assignment for my home base.  I really wanted a base in Florida to begin with, and actually Florida bases took up 5/8 spots on my dream sheet.

Something else that is pretty sweet about this base, its a Special Operations base.....I am slated to be attached to the 1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron.  What that entails I dont know, but one of my instructors told me that I will probably do very little police work and work with spec ops most of the time.  Sounds pretty sweet, but Ive got no idea what I will actually end up doing.  Only time will tell, so we will see.  But I figured I would just let you all know.
Good job Airman!  I've been there and done that, only my first duty assignment was shitty ass Altus, Oklahoma.  It's the one place in the USAF you NEVER want to go. 

Being attached to a SO squadron may entail very strict or very slack enviroments, I've heard stories from both ends, it's either going to be awesome as fuck wrapped in suck or very, very shitactular.

Well, good luck, and stay away from the gutter gremlins.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida
AHA!  The one person I was actually hoping that would respond....because you being a fellow Airman in the past would have some idea about SO squadrons.  From what I hear, I could end up in all kinds of places because I am going every where Spec Ops goes to work with them and support them.  On the other hand, Im curious to see if its just titled as an SO squadron, yet I dont do anything different than a cop at say....Altus, meaning gate guarding most of the time.  I dont know, hopefully I get to do some cool shit at some point.  Obviously Ill go to Iraq or Afghanistan, but thats a given especially with my job.  Who knows, maybe I will have fought in Iran before anyone else even knows about it lol.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

Good luck. Hopes to getting one of the more exciting outcomes.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6620|Keyboard
Good luck on your assigment. I hope you tell us your adventures in there.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida

Yaocelotl wrote:

Good luck on your assigment. I hope you tell us your adventures in there.
Im sure youll get adventure stories if they ever happen lol
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Best of luck Frank.
Congrats.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
Florida? Isn't that full of swamps, crocodiles, old people, and flies?
Although you're on a Chair Force base, so all but the latter will be excluded. Have fun being eaten alive.

And yes, I call it the Chair Force. Because, according to the guy on another forum I frequent who uses the phrase, you sit on your asses doing nothing, then fly around for a while, drop stuff on the wrong guys, then fly home to a hot meal while the people doing the REAL fighting are huddled around a hole in the ground, wishing that the fire they want wouldn't attract bombs.
He makes an amusing argument, which is good enough to use the phrase.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
I saw a Mail Call on History Channel about Hurlburt Field.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2007-04-05 20:02:55)

Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6510|Grand Rapids, MI
Congrats Frank,

I envy you. I tried to follow my dad into the Air Force. I will be finishing a Master of Social Work degree in a about two weeks. I applied for a social work position in the AF, but the Col. I interviewed with turned me down for "lack of paid experience." I'm still a little sore over it. I thought my straight A's would be enough to carry me. I'm glad to hear that you found your way in, and that it's working out for you. Take full advantage and see as much of the world as you can. It's worth it! Keep us informed . . . but only about the declassified stuff
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
Give em hell soldier.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Yes...have fun.
BVC
+325|6665
Good luck!
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

Good luck bud, and enjoy whatever you get.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

Best of Luck to you Frank.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6496|Milkystania, yurop
found this link u have most likely already seen it but u never know...... http://www2.hurlburt.af.mil/library/fac … sp?id=3525        take it easy out there m8
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Florida? Isn't that full of swamps, crocodiles, old people, and flies?
Although you're on a Chair Force base, so all but the latter will be excluded. Have fun being eaten alive.

And yes, I call it the Chair Force. Because, according to the guy on another forum I frequent who uses the phrase, you sit on your asses doing nothing, then fly around for a while, drop stuff on the wrong guys, then fly home to a hot meal while the people doing the REAL fighting are huddled around a hole in the ground, wishing that the fire they want wouldn't attract bombs.
He makes an amusing argument, which is good enough to use the phrase.
You should meet Combat Control, they can out PT any special forces......and yes, that includes the SEALS.  They get up and spend 14 hours a day doing PT basically.  I only know this because we had a guy on our team that was re-classed to us from CCT.  Security Forces is the ground force of the AF, so we only fly when we are going somewhere, and then we protect the people, aircraft, and supplies.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
I suppose that makes sense. You're sitting around protecting billions of dollars of investment and enough explosives to match a small nuke, of course you spend 14 hours a day training.

So, do you have any sadistic security drills like the Navy does?
(Such as 'if someone is trying to board the ship, urinate over the side onto them')
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

Frank I have missed you, come home to me and roxanne.... seriously watch out for that vietcong snatch I don't want you bringing back any surprises...
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I suppose that makes sense. You're sitting around protecting billions of dollars of investment and enough explosives to match a small nuke, of course you spend 14 hours a day training.

So, do you have any sadistic security drills like the Navy does?
(Such as 'if someone is trying to board the ship, urinate over the side onto them')
Actually I, being Security Forces, am the one protecting billions of dollars worth of investments, personnel, and assets.  Combat Control is out being attatched to Marine, Army and Special Forces units sighting targets for air strikes.  Combat Control are some bad asses, I would take CCT with me over SEALS any where.  No offense to Navy personnel, or anyone that may have been a SEAL, because they kick some ass.

But here is the actual job description www.airforce.com gives for CCT -

"Combat Control Apprentice
The job of the Combat Control Apprentice is to set up assault zones in remote and sometimes hostile areas. To ensure that you can perform your job anywhere at anytime, you will receive training in precision parachuting, fast roping, rappelling and amphibious techniques. Survival training in various climates enables a Combat Control Apprentice to function under the most demanding conditions. The unique qualifications of Combat Control make them the farthest reaching communications, command and control asset for both ground and aircraft commanders."

Sounds like your typical chair force job doesnt it?
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida

Thats a comfy chair

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2007-04-07 12:49:54)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
good job....good luck....rocks dont pile themselves, remember that if you forget everything else.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6548|Florida
roger that GS
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Have fun then, I'm sure this will be a hell of an experience for you.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

Good Luck in Florida then
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard