ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
It's not the acts he describes. It's the calm, thoughtful way he does it.

They say that after a dog gets the taste for human meat he must be killed, for he will never settle for anything else. I wonder if the same applies to this man and his friends.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=876_1175800277
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

It's not the acts he describes. It's the calm, thoughtful way he does it.

They say that after a dog gets the taste for human meat he must be killed, for he will never settle for anything else. I wonder if the same applies to this man and his friends.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=876_1175800277
Thanks, I was eating.

Disturbing to say the least.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

What a bunch of animals. They deserve nothing more than the price of one .50 cal to the back of the head.
ATG
Banned
It makes you wonder if things can ever be right again with those people.
What a mess.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

What a mess.
Well I think education could go a long way. A stimulated mind is tougher to brainwash. He made it to 4th grade?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6686|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
That might be the most disturbing thing I've heard.  Ever.
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

What a mess.
Well I think education could go a long way. A stimulated mind is tougher to brainwash. He made it to 4th grade?
We build schools, they blow them up, pwnzored?

Me no comphrede.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Yeah, his calmness is eerie. I can't tell if he is proud of what he has done or just doesn't care as if what he did was like an everyday task.
EVieira
+105|6448|Lutenblaag, Molvania
You got a hand it to the guy, he got his message across... In a twisted, grotesque way, its brilliant.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA
were they cannibalizing?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)
No, Ender, they were not cannibalizing. It was sick, but it wasn't that sick.

As a general point - context or rather the lack of it is all important...

Why did he only take a very periphery part?
Who was the guy that did most of the 'work'?
Why did this guy agree to it?
What pressure was he under?

None of these questions are answered in that clip.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-04-06 22:42:09)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

What a mess.
We build schools, they blow them up, pwnzored?

Me no comphrede.
Shit, I didn't mean it was possible..lol. Just stating the obvious I guess. You can't educate the unwilling.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6691|oregon

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

What a bunch of animals. They deserve nothing more than the price of one .50 cal to the back of the head.
too easy of way out. Something a little slower would do a lot better.
EVieira
Actually, this makes me more sick than that. China has a really f&#ked up justice system.

This link was first posted by ATG on that "crazy nancy" thread.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6616
4th grade education... Perhaps their fanaticism is due more to lack of education than U.S. intervention.
topal63
. . .
+533|6688

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

4th grade education... Perhaps their fanaticism is due more to lack of education than U.S. intervention.
Also from the video: "but I don't know how to read or write."

He is a victim of his environment - they (the Jihadists) prey upon the weak and ignorant - to kill for God. And, thus make their ignorance real in violence - and they compound and multiply the tragedy of the weak and ignorant (who are gullible to mere suggestions of faith) - buy making others even greater victims. It is a vicious cycle of violence and ignorance.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-07 02:31:32)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

What a mess.
...but couldn't read or write. The ignorant are easy to recruit to dumbass causes. As to his calm explanation, his brain was obviously desensitized by shock.

ATG: As to "those people," surely you mean the evil ones (like ours) and are surely not making a blanket statement about the entire Middle East.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado
Come on ATG we all know you were watching jungle drums & not that terrorist interview.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6324
yea but in Gitmo they wear orange suits. So there !
comet241
+164|6735|Normal, IL

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

lol, yeah. i love the people that say what we are doing is horrible, yet COMPLETELY OVERLOOK SHIT LIKE THIS!

that man needs to slowly, slowly die at the hands of the remaining man's family he killed. the rest of them too.
EVieira

comet241 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

lol, yeah. i love the people that say what we are doing is horrible, yet COMPLETELY OVERLOOK SHIT LIKE THIS!

that man needs to slowly, slowly die at the hands of the remaining man's family he killed. the rest of them too.
So were supposed to say Gitmo is OK because there is worse shit out there? In that case, what that guy did was nothing. China executes thousands a year, who knows how many inocent. What hypocrisy...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
coward
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6547|Florida
I agree with GS, they fight like girl scouts
ATG
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

What a mess.
...but couldn't read or write. The ignorant are easy to recruit to dumbass causes. As to his calm explanation, his brain was obviously desensitized by shock.

ATG: As to "those people," surely you mean the evil ones (like ours) and are surely not making a blanket statement about the entire Middle East.
Yes. I'm talking about the people who have killed.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
you cant deal diplomatically with some of the militias and the insurgents groups.  ok, realistically, youll have to open up a dialogue with a lot of the militias that have been responsible for the bad shit.  but some groups arent fighting for the future of their clan or tribe or even iraq.  there are a lot of groups that are just fighting to terrorize the population.  makes their balls feel bigger.  I understand a lot of the insurgency sees themselves as freedom fighters, as those guys are the ones that you might get a chance to actually make a positive contribution to the future of iraq. but this guy and his group arent one of them.  permanent targets.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard