Entertayner
+826|6559

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

Errr no.. They are graphics and technically artwork.
As above.
I could post a link to a zip file with thousands of screenshots. I could also add borders and captions to 50MB of screenshots of default game content, but all this would still be more relevant in 'Other Games.' Exceptions include screenshots of maps, models and/or textures you actually built for a game.
My point is that it's not default game content.  I stayed up all night two nights running to take those 2142 ones repeatedly pressing print screen, going through endless BR files, lightening up the light ones, darkening the bright ones, now you tell me why they shouldn't be regarded as art.  What you're basically saying is that photo's shouldn't be regarded as art as the scene was already there for everyone to see.

Konfusion: There's any type of music you want baby.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6644|Brisbane, Australia

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

:wub: Chuy!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

My new home.

Just thought I'd let ya all know!  Oh, first thread, wooo!

Bom chika wah wah!
Second thread.  I got the first. 
I wouldn't test him at the moment. He might go all photoshop on your ass and put a penis on your forehead or something.
https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e17/Sarrk/advice.jpg

Lollar
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

Entertayner wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

As above.
I could post a link to a zip file with thousands of screenshots. I could also add borders and captions to 50MB of screenshots of default game content, but all this would still be more relevant in 'Other Games.' Exceptions include screenshots of maps, models and/or textures you actually built for a game.
My point is that it's not default game content.  I stayed up all night two nights running to take those 2142 ones repeatedly pressing print screen, going through endless BR files, lightening up the light ones, darkening the bright ones, now you tell me why they shouldn't be regarded as art.  What you're basically saying is that photo's shouldn't be regarded as art as the scene was already there for everyone to see.

Konfusion: There's any type of music you want baby.
Alright, let me just stay up all night tweaking out the color of screenshots from the movie 'Independence Day' and claim them as my own. But if there were a movie thread, I'd post them there. Photography is a different matter, because subject material is usually more neutral. But what if I grabbed a camera and took a picture of a famous painting and adjusted the color a bit? It would still be lame.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-06 20:00:52)

Volatile
+252|6693|Sextupling in Empire

Glad to see this section added to these forums. I wish that this was split up into seperate sub-forums like another gaming forum that many here frequent, but beggars can't be chosers, right?

All in all...../win.
Ryan
+1,230|6832|Alberta, Canada

This forum is gunna be great. I vote for Tayner and myself as mods.. w00t! We know our shiz...

Last edited by Ryan (2007-04-06 20:07:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard