Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany
Today on a SF-server: all members of a clan(I'm not gonna mention who) ran around as sniper and dropped claymores in the middle of the battle,it was on Warlord,so in the palace or the TVstation(? looks like the one on Sharqi) they ran right between the insurgents and dropped claymores.

Sure,they got killed a lot with this but in the end they had more kills than deaths or tks.....

So,what do you guys think?

Perfect way to get expert explosive badge or just another lame exploit?
psychotoxic187
+11|6711
How could this possibly be considered an exploit?
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany
Exploit is maybe the wrong word for it....but dolphindiving or bunnyhopping aren't exploits aswell.

Let's just call it an exotic way to rack up explosive kills...

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-01-15 15:37:53)

maef
+67|6685|Tulln, Austria
i would definitely not consider this an exploit as well. just another way to push your stats.

i really don't understand how so many people seem to have forgotten that playing games is about fun. i mean, yeah it sure is nice to have good stats, but what's the real reason to play games... kill time and have fun. and i don't think it's really entertaining to play that way.
FI|ExTinguish
+0|6721
why is anything on bf2 an exploit... i mean this is WAR after all. u wont go complain because u got killed in a "lame way". i mean u will do anything to survive so and if u have too u will kill ure enemy i a "lame" way cause there isnt one person who doesnt dolphin dive in the game when he really needs to. okay u got the ones that do it all the time so what with the new path they wont be able to and then every one that did not do it all the time will pwn them cause they aint got their survival trick on more... so let them do what they want cause honestly i really dont think ure gonna go up to ure enemy and tell him to stop putting claymore down cause its unfair in the middle of a WAR. remember this is WAR
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn
When are the cries of exploits gonna end??? Somebody shoot me plz
maef
+67|6685|Tulln, Austria

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

did you actually read this thread? everyone that replied said it was not a exploit.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany
I'm not complaining!!!
That's why I posted it in the chatter section,it's just a new(to me) and arkward technique which surprisingly seems to work.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
errr, just shoot the claymores when there on the ground with a n00b launcher or a nade.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

FI|ExTinguish wrote:

remember this is WAR
Except, that's the point - it's not war - it's A GAME. For a start you can't actually die in bf2. If you could then the vast majority of people wouldn't do this sort of thing, or c4 'nade, or suicide bomb.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6794|Jupiter

FI|ExTinguish wrote:

why is anything on bf2 an exploit... i mean this is WAR after all. u wont go complain because u got killed in a "lame way". i mean u will do anything to survive so and if u have too u will kill ure enemy i a "lame" way cause there isnt one person who doesnt dolphin dive in the game when he really needs to. okay u got the ones that do it all the time so what with the new path they wont be able to and then every one that did not do it all the time will pwn them cause they aint got their survival trick on more... so let them do what they want cause honestly i really dont think ure gonna go up to ure enemy and tell him to stop putting claymore down cause its unfair in the middle of a WAR. remember this is WAR
Well said good sir!, so agree.
silentsin
+3|6699
yeah this isnt war you dumbass, its a game, meant to be fun not painful like war is. people would complain in war if they got killed in a lame way IF THEY COULD COME BACK AFTER THEY DIED. but they cant, you can in bf2 though. i dont really care about dolphin divers/bunny hoppers as much as i care about people who don't cap flags but instead sit in front of them with a tank/apc and their friend's tank/apc killing everyone in site for the entire round. now that is annoying.
pogled
+0|6780|Europe
THIS IS NOT WAR!!!!

This is a game. Simulating fighting to some degree (sparing us most of it thankfully). In war you only die once. So you avoid actions that might kill you or members of your team because they aint gonna come back no more! True, sometimes a soldier sacrifices his live to kill more enemies (think: kamikaze) . But then he is gone, can't play soldier no more. No sane soldier would do so. If he kills one of comrades just to take out 2 enemies all his comrades would stay away from him, recognizing him as a source of potential death (FF) - or possible shoot him at the next occasion ("CQC you know, didn't see him!").

Your main argument is that in war everything is fair. Thats true to some degree (the Geneva Convention aside). So you want to be true to war, stick to it in all aspects and don't cherrypick waht you like.
If you ever tried dolphin diving (a survival trick?) in RL you would find out that real mechanics applied and you wouln't be able to hit s* - all you hit is the dirt. No, for an high accuracy shot you would have to lie down calmly and take ypur breath. A survival trick which will get you killed because the enemy will hit you first.
---
Maybe there should be two kinds of servers, those whrer you just fragg around (UT style) and those were tactical players trying to fight as a soldier would (avoid beeing a hero and allow the enemy soldiers to become heros for their country by deing a heros' death). We don't wan't a war simualtion down to the last screw. Bang - dead forever! No fun here. But some wan't to play tactical an there is no sane tactic that says throw mines in the middle of a group that includes your comrades.

It is a war GAME after all, and it lives on adapting to its rules. And not all rules are coded in the sourcecode, some lines drawn by people who like to play it (for fun i supose). A tactical FPS is not only about fragging but mainly abpout teamplay, actign as a team from platoon to squad level down to the individual.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

errr, just shoot the claymores when there on the ground with a n00b launcher or a nade.
Nice idea,but that doesn't work in a corridor or a small room when a lot of your buddies are running around...unless you wanna get lots and lots of TKs..

To clarify what they did:They used the claymores in close combat.In the palace on warlord I had a sniper who was running past me and my buddies and the moment we started to chase him we got peppered by claymore shrapnel.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-01-15 16:12:31)

pogled
+0|6780|Europe
my last post was directed at FI|ExTinguish;
took me some time to write so it looks a bit out of context down here.
pogled
+0|6780|Europe
Well. Thats something different. Makes sense to me to set up a trap. Appart from the running past the squad part.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

maef wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

did you actually read this thread? everyone that replied said it was not a exploit.
Did you read the last line of the 1st post of this thread?
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

I'm not complaining!!!
That's why I posted it in the chatter section,it's just a new(to me) and arkward technique which surprisingly seems to work.
The use of the phrase "lame exploit" suggests otherwise. That and the "title" of this thread which is - "New addition to bunnyhopping and dolphindiving - claymoresprinting!". If I'm not mistaken the mere use of the terms bunnyhopping and dolphindiving falls under the category of complaints.
ronin1942
+-1|6845
lol i do all kinds of stuff like that when i get board.i love comming up with new ways to cause mayhem. my favorite spot to put claymores is facing twards an atv most people dont see them and if they do and try to detonate it it kill the atv. i even bunnyhop and dolphin dive around just to piss people off. usually i dont even shoot at them i just go hopping through a group of people to see how many of them get a tk cuz they cant hit me.....lol its hilarous
DMFDxUconn
+8|6769|Kannapolis,North Carolina
Games are for fun.

Sometimes i just feel like goofing off. Ill load up BF2, join a packed server and spawn as spec ops. Than spend some time jihad jeepin it. BONZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard