thinner44
+1|6810
I got my basic knife because an engy kept coming back to repair arty and stuff... he didn't even bother looking for me. I have a feeling he was trying to get his basic engineer badge. So if you can find someone that has a basic badge to get, and he's so intent on doing it... then hide and stab   he was my 3rd victim that night
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6751|Derby, England
It is one hell of a badge to get, and one that you need a lot of patience and self control to get. It's frustrating, but it is possible.

Here are some tips for you (from my knife post - http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6764)

1. Play on maps where the flags are close together. When you die it's closer to get to the enemy flags.
2. Be a spawn whore knifing git. Everyone will hate you, but you cant expect the enemy to approach you to let you knife them. Hang around the enemy spawn point, and if you see them, knife them.
3. Switch to knife. Dont be tempted by that "extra couple of points for a machine gun kill", you need to get knife kills not machine gun kills for the medal.
4. If you are spotted from a distance and get shot at, run off around a corner. Most people will see you running, assume you are about dead and run after you. Knife them when they turn the corner.
5. Play on a 32 player server. Unless you are Rambo, a 64 player server is too crowded and you will get mowed down, a 16 player server doesnt have enough knife fodder. This is personal choice, find what you are comfortable with.
6. If you are halfway through the round with 1 knife kill, dont bother. Switch back to your main weapon and enjoy the rest of the round because you arent going to get your medal.
7. Be devious. Hide around corners, sneak up behind people. Drive a jeep behind enemy lines and approach them from behind. Do things that people wouldnt expect. Running through an open space with a knife in your hand towards a four man squad armed with machine guns is not a good idea.
8. Be patient. Wait until that person you are running behind stops, get your knife aimed for their torso, and bam! Knife them.
9. You will get killed. Lots. Accept it and keep your cool.
10. Medic! I found it best playing a medic because you can get extra points by healing and reviving to keep your score up, keep your own health up, and you dont tire easily when giving chase.
11. Luck. Sometimes a combination of skill, luck and noobs will get you this medal. I knifed a guy, his mate came in and revived him, so I knifed both of them. A bit of luck like that gets you almost halfway to your basic / veteran medal.
12. Perseverance. If you are losing your cool, play a few rounds with the gun. Then swap back to knifing.
13. Knowledge. Know your maps and your spawn points. If you arent sure where people appear, and you dont know your way around the maps, it's going to be hell.
14. Head for where you think the front line is. It will be where most victims await your cold steel.
15. UAV is vital. If you have a good commander, he will be constantly plaving the UAV where the most enemy are. If you are also in that area, you can see where your next knife kill waits.
16. Watch where people are facing. The mini map is invaluable in this respect. If you run around a corner and someone is facing you with a machine gun, it's going to be painful. If you wait a few seconds until they turn around, chances are you are in for a knife kill.
17. Keep your cool. I already said this, but it's a definate one to keep at the front of your head. If you panic when you are in someones face with a knife, you will get shot. Remember that if someone comes up to you with a knife, you panic because you know it's one stab one kill (in most cases).
18. Spacial awareness. In close combat when you have been spotted, spacial awareness is key. If your enemy if running around trying to locate you, if you are more spacially aware than they are, the kill should be yours.
19. Bunny Hop. I'm probably going to get loads of grief from people for saying this, but it you are running across an open space towards someone, or giving chase across an open space, and they turn around... are you going to stand there and take a round of lead like a man, or are you going to do everything you can to close those last couple of feet and take them out with your knife.
20. Go one servers where the admins dont get miffed because you keep knife killing them and ban you. Oh yeah, I've been there.

Good luck.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6751|Derby, England
Additional info c/o Darth_Fleder

21. Climb on to low roofed buildings. Most of the city maps have excellent opportunities for this, especially Sharqi and Karkand. This will allow you to drop down behind them as they pass with minimal loss of health. If they don't notice you, great. If they do, bunny hop and stab. With a little luck, they will empty their clip and present you with an excellent kill as they switch weapons or reload. Another thing to do is wait for them to climb the ladder to the building. Stab them in the face when they get to the top.

22. Look for flags that the enemy has caused to go neutral. You now know exactly where they are. More often than not they will be prone and susceptible to being knifed. Control points tend to be taken from the same location time and time again because these points offer the best vantage or protection, know where they are and exploit their weaknesses. For example at Sharqi, the easternmost US flag you will find the enemy prone either behind the sandbags or by the chimney around the corner. They are usually expecting enemies to come leaping over the sandbags blazing away. Go the long way around the building. If at all possible, do not approach from a spawn point. These are the areas that they will be most attentive to. Sometimes the enemy will lower his guard knowing that no one else can spawn, giving a slight element of surprise.

Addendum to 5: Look for high-ticket servers that are not full. These rounds go longer thus giving you more opportunites.

Addendum to 10: Other kits to consider are the Assault or Support kits. They offer increased body armor, which is helpful while being shot while you are hopping around them. (I’m sure that allowances will be made when going knife against gun from the anti bunny-hopping crowd out there.) [Thanatos: These kits are better for defence, but you run out of stamina quicker]

Addendum to 20: Hunt commanders. They are sometimes too distracted to be able fend you off. Good Commanders may see you coming and wait for you, but may not expect you to go straight for them. Bring along spec-ops buddy to blow his assets starting with satellite scan and UAV. Just let your buddy know that you get first crack at the kill.
Schizferatu
+0|6721|West Central Indiana
bs6749 wrote:
I got a tip for you: DO A SEARCH AND READ THE STICKYS BEFORE POSTING THIS STUPID SHIT THAT NOBODY REALLY CARES ABOUT.
Well it seems as though your dumbass cared enough to open the thread and read it.  It was pretty obvious as to what he was posting about by reading the title... . .
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6695|The Ville
I got it, a couple of weeks ago playing with one of my friends. I was just having fun that's all. I got killed at the beggining of the map and I was pissed off. So I was like alright mother F**kers I'm going to knife you all. 5-7 were snipers and the other 2 medics.
Arch-35
+1|6710

Arch-35 wrote:

Just a bit of advise that I got from a teammate....Look at the requirements for the basic and vet badges. You need 7 knife kill's to get both, the only difference is that you need 50 additional knife kills to get the vet badge. Why do it twice? Work on your technique towards the 50 for vet and get them both at one time with 7 single kills in a round. You will not be so fustrated all the time and it will give you a chance to get comfortable with the knife.
Ew0kk1----Don't give up hope, the knife badge (Basic and Vet) is not impossible!!!

I got mine tonight on Strike at Karkand, 64 player server that was full. Tried on the MEC side and got 5 out of 7 kills and the round ended. (I was pulling double duty as a medic.) Server started again, teams switched sides and I was on USMC. I had UAV for a good bit of the time and worked the first building in front of the right USMC spawn, just south of Hotel and got 2 knife kills and 1 death. Next spawn, 1 kill and 1 death. I worked as far as the MEC held Hotel spawn point and got 1 kill, was killed by enemy, revived and killed again. Respawned, got 2 kills in the street just north of USMC spawn, hopped up and ran north to see 1 enemy on the UAV in the corral south of Hotel; he had a belt fed PKM, dove down and got my 7th kill there and both badges popped up on my screen!

Like others have stated, if you have a UAV, use it! That was a great help for me, as I would make the left corner, wait a bit and check my stamina and the enemy on the screen, them make a dash for the front of the building and make a kill or 2.

Good Luck Bro and keep slashing at it!!!!!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Nothing is impossible - especially earning BF2 awards that many people have already earned. Especially a basic award. Sheesh.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
fidoi100
+0|6688
The absolute simplest way to get the <b>basic knife combat badge</b> is this:

1. play as MEC at Karkand (as medic)
2. at the start of the game, run to the front fence where the guys run through in large numbers
3. whip out the old knife
4. get going on them as they run through

I'd been trying to get the badge for ages and ages and was close to giving up. I suddenly thought of the above technique and got it done in two minutes. Three guys I got almost at the same time as a medic jumped on top of them and tried to resuscitate them.
I jumped for joy, literally. I am still happy about it.
Good luck. What an amazing game.
Goose_MP[TBG]
+1|6694
im a big fan of standing behind the tin walls at strike at karkand, lobbing a few flashbangs in (with the F2000 unlock), then knifing away as the US players run around not able to see anything.. not the fairest thing to do, but it is very fun when they all run to the corners, and u can knife them real easy.
elite
+89|6715|Sheffield, England
i have the perfect server for those pistol and knife badges

81.3.59.216:34710
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
i have vet knife all i did was stay in the other teams CP in a building or other close quarters. u will get it
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6814
LOL, bro - you'll be suicidal going for expert
dub
+0|6689|Austria
Sweet, some good advice there
Gunna try for that knife badge then
thefousteph
+8|6732
I got both basic and vet on warlord and ghost town so much oportunitys!

Just go for that enemy post and sneak where the action goes; u can't be wrong!!!!

So satisfying!!!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
Good luck dude
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
A.Frade
Banned
+4|6690
Well i got my expert knife what u wanna do is try it at karkand and try to get all your kills around hotel and run around corners stab and run awawy and heal and  your going to wanna be medic so u can heal urself. And take advantage of every sniper because they r so oblivious of whats going on around them!
boomshagalaga
+1|6680
Experts Knife is too easy. Pistol is much harder.
H0ly(rap
+10|6721|Nebraska
well my advise is to try to find someone just siting (laying ) in one spot find a way behind 'em.  if at all posible play in SF:  and use teargas or a flashbang on em to get them stuck in one spot,  anyway, you always want to get in behind them, and in a prone position to avoid making noise, usually they dont hear you swing it at them, and just do this 7 times it may seem alot but if you put your mind to it and always keep it in mind, (especally when you want to gun them down from behind) remember that the knife is always there and its fun so good luck and god's speed (lol)
wonkey20
+18|6709
good advice
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6720|Melbourne, Australia
i no how u feel mate iv been tryin to get it aswell .. alot of peeps say a hardly populated 64 player karkand server
Tim15
OMG WTF BBQ111
+0|6695
i  got it this way:
join a 64 gulf of oman server, spawn at the small village near the mec uncapable base. go medic and go to their helipad, hide somewhere and every time a guy wanted to go in the helicopter knife him. after 2 rounds i got the badge this way

Good luck
uk_japeye
+10|6716|UK
got mine this morning on full 64 man wake as the chinese, swam over to the island and hid in the rocks, pretty easy considerin it was my first time of tryin.....

Last edited by uk_japeye (2006-01-15 11:29:26)

frankie4fingers08-2
+0|6755
"its not impossible, I just to bullseye womp rats back home with my t-16, and there not much bigger than 2 meters...."
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6677
Mine, I just got dead lucky on. It was a server full of snipers on Karkand. I would just go behind someone and knife them through the head. I got yelled at to use a gun, but I thought he was talking to someone else.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6685
Just bunny hop + dolphin dive a whole lot, and you will get that badge in no time.  Or spawncamp in karkand.  Thats how I got it, ROFL.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-16 14:14:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard